Your unpopular opinions on music

I've always been a The Rev fan myself.

Unpopular Opinion - Avenged Sevenfold's music, from City of Evil onwards, has aged much better than anything Slipknot has released not named Subliminal Verses.

Slipknot released ONE awesome album, and they've only had one or two decent songs every album before and since that ONE album that made them 'mainstream.'

I think "The Rev" got overrated by A7X fans. It's all very straightforward music. So, like Joey, even if he was (RIP) a great drummer, it never really showed. I'll agree that his showings were superior over Joey though.

I also think they got a bad rap. Other than Hail to the King (which was a pretty obvious cash grab, aping from 80s metal bands at every turn), their take on more traditional Heavy Metal is really really good. The Stage has some prog elements that were really cool as well.

I don't know who drummed on The Stage, but it sounds like Bad Religion style punk drums adapted to progressive hard rock. Very cool style, whoever the fuck it was.

4. 80's New wave birthed some of the greatest songs in history

source.gif

Axl was a better AC/DC singer than Brian.

Audioslave was the best band any of its members ever joined.

Metallica music, even their old good stuff, has not aged well.
You're seriously russling my jimmies

Dave Matthews Band is one of the most talented bands of all time.

The whole Seattle music era/scene of the 90s awful. Even though I was a teen when Nirvana and Pearl Jam we're coming up and they should've been right in the pocket for me, I just found that stuff so boring and uninteresting, both in lyrics and the music itself. Everyone around me loved it but I just never got it.

some of these aren’t even unpopular opinions.

Post punk new wave is a great genre of music.

Female singers are awesome

And saying Tool is one note is spot on as well.

The whole Seattle music era/scene of the 90s awful. Even though I was a teen when Nirvana and Pearl Jam we're coming up and they should've been right in the pocket for me, I just found that stuff so boring and uninteresting, both in lyrics and the music itself. Everyone around me loved it but I just never got it.
Besides 3-4 songs Nirvana aged like shit. Pearl Jam is still awesome IMO. One of the last bands to make good rock music.

Country music sounds horrible, there I said it!

Lars Ulrich is an average drummer, at best.

Double bass is over used and overrated.

I have several

Floyd zep and the doors are the 3 most over rated bands of all time

90s punk ska is the greatest genre of all time

Icp riddle box - jeckell brothers were fun albums and dont deserve the hate

I wanna hold your hand is way better than anything they made while drugged out of they minds

I don't know who drummed on The Stage,

Pretty sure their new drummer, the Christian school teacher, did on the new album.

And yeah, much like Metallica, Ax7's style puts the guitars and vocals center-stage while leaving the drums and bass in the background.

Popular opinion. It's time to shut down the music sub-forum and merge it into the mayberry

Pretty sure their new drummer, the Christian school teacher, did on the new album.

And yeah, much like Metallica, Ax7's style puts the guitars and vocals center-stage while leaving the drums and bass in the background.

I really dig the drumming on The Stage. It had a punk feel to it. Sounded very unique will remaining contemporary to the sound of the album. Very cool stuff.

Back