News Zhang vs Yan - UFC 300.

Who Wins?

• Zhang

Votes: 95 90.5%
  • Yan

Votes: 10 9.5%

• Total voters
I felt like the fight was average.

But man, when I heard all those stats I was hyped as fuck, now I can't wait to see it

Its hype til you see that 8 out of Yan's last 10 fights went to a decision. Those 10 fights were all of Yan's UFC fights too. Out of those 10, she lost 1 via split decision and 1 via TKO to Carla Esparza in 2021. Yes, the decision machine Carla Esparza. The only finish she has had in the UFC was against Andrade in her last fight. For Andrade, that was sandwiched between a sub from Blanchfield and a sub from Suarez.

I honestly think this ends up being a fairly lackluster fight that goes to a decision with Zhang winning.

Wait shouldn’t this fight happen in China??
Not sure that's happening any time soon. There was that December card that was supposed to be Shanghai, but got moved to Apex a few weeks before the event. They've been to Singapore, but nothing in China since Covid started

Already 7 threads about this.

Zhang vs Xianon
Oliveira vs Arman
Jiri vs Rakic
Aljo vs Kattar
Nickal vs Brundage

This would be a very solid ppv main card as is. At best 3 of the 5 will be on the main card, probably just 2, & 1 will jerk the curtain. 300 is only getting started so I suggest being patient if for no other reason than 200 & 205 both had their original main events booked roughly 2 months out. Jones vs DC 2 was booked after 197, & Conor vs Eddie came down to the wire.

This Saturday marks 3 months out from 300 for comparison.

I believe this main card will boast 5 title fights.

LWH title main event
WW title
WFW Title
WSW Title
FLW Title (winner of this weekends co-main)

It will try to claim being special this way.
That thought has actually crossed my mind as well. Would be interesting if they went that route, but could be a reeeeally long night if the fights don’t deliver.

I believe this main card will boast 5 title fights.

LWH title main event
WW title
WFW Title
WSW Title
FLW Title (winner of this weekends co-main)

It will try to claim being special this way.

I was thinking the same thing. They won’t be able to come up with that huge main event so they’ll do a record number of title fights. I was thinking 4 with one of them being the BMF.

Jesus, Dana can you at least learn how to pronounce your champion's names correctly. And why is he trying to make decisionator Yan sound like some knockout artist?

I know they won't engage in smack talk, but I wonder if they did what it would sound like- "Well who is the only REAL Chinese fighter in the UFC..."

liam-neeson-so-sleepy.gif

Back