Zookeeper Gabe’s Animal Thread Vol 10.0

I found something kind of interesting, it's a fish farm in Thailand that uses the waste water for a cannabis operation. Dirty fish water has nitrates and nitrites in it, which acts as a fertilizer for plants.

Here's a wholesaler in Utah that uses water from a river in a flow through setup. He pulls water from the creek, cleans and sterilizes it, uses it for his fish tanks, then cleans and sterilizes again before putting it back into the creek. Water is constantly flowing through the facility. The water is cleaner coming out of his facility than it is going in. The clean water in his facility allows him to stock more fish in a tank because he doesn't have to worry about the nitrates and nitrites like mentioned above, and helps the survival of fish he imports from overseas.

I found something kind of interesting, it's a fish farm in Thailand that uses the waste water for a cannabis operation. Dirty fish water has nitrates and nitrites in it, which acts as a fertilizer for plants.

Here's a wholesaler in Utah that uses water from a river in a flow through setup. He pulls water from the creek, cleans and sterilizes it, uses it for his fish tanks, then cleans and sterilizes again before putting it back into the creek. Water is constantly flowing through the facility. The water is cleaner coming out of his facility than it is going in. The clean water in his facility allows him to stock more fish in a tank because he doesn't have to worry about the nitrates and nitrites like mentioned above, and helps the survival of fish he imports from overseas.

That’s really cool, as long as it’s well filtered and there’s no chance of introducing no native pathogens have at it.
When we were in Norway we went to an aquarium in Alesund. While talking with one of the keepers I asked about their water, they would pump it in from the bay through their otter and penguin exhibits and then through all of their fish and invert exhibits and back out into the bay. No filtration, no temp control everything they hd was native species and it was amazing.

That’s really cool, as long as it’s well filtered and there’s no chance of introducing no native pathogens have at it.
When we were in Norway we went to an aquarium in Alesund. While talking with one of the keepers I asked about their water, they would pump it in from the bay through their otter and penguin exhibits and then through all of their fish and invert exhibits and back out into the bay. No filtration, no temp control everything they hd was native species and it was amazing.

The filtration system is essentially a big reverse osmosis system like the fill your own water jugs at the grocery store.
Dan is one of the few shining stars in the retail side of the hobby. He's passionate about the fish he sells, and the quality shows. There are groups of fish he's kept for 2+ years, and had a vet look at them multiple times, because they didn't look healthy enough for him to sell.

I'm surprised their coastal waters are clean enough for them to do that. Sadly, you couldn't do that in Murica.

The filtration system is essentially a big reverse osmosis system like the fill your own water jugs at the grocery store.
Dan is one of the few shining stars in the retail side of the hobby. He's passionate about the fish he sells, and the quality shows. There are groups of fish he's kept for 2+ years, and had a vet look at them multiple times, because they didn't look healthy enough for him to sell.

I'm surprised their coastal waters are clean enough for them to do that. Sadly, you couldn't do that in Murica.
I know the lack of trash in that country was eye opening.

I've been waiting for it to hit my area for years, but it hasn't yet. About 5 years ago, we started getting moose in my area that have never been here before. I still think the Game and Fish fucks released them. But anyway, I thought they would for sure bring in CWD, but luckily, they didn't.

Back