Invicta FC 9: Honchak vs Hashi 9pm et/6pm pt/1am UK DISCUSSION

Kind of a let down after such a great event. Welp, I suppose it is fitting that the end of the bloodbath would cap off with an offering to the Just Coast Gods.

'Til next time, night gents.

I thought Ansaroff or Bennett might be able to pose a serious challenge to Barb...but Nina is just about to make her UFC debut. I bet Deanna Bennett fights someone on the December card to determine a challenger for Barb.

Jarl

Maybe KGB?

Inoue/KK was the highlight of the card. main event was puke.

Sucks Cyborg is hurt but always down to watch Karate Hottie fight.

the most action that happened in that main event was me knocking my Jack's Abby snifter to the ground while removing my HDMI cord from my macbook adaptor.

I don't know, one could argue that 135 will become way more exciting once Ronda gets out of the picture.

Plus lets give ufc's 115 at least a chance, a try period.
TUF has been terrible so far. I have doubts about 115.

Randy-Couture-the-expendables-14607610-408-594.jpg

This man approves of the main event.

- Main event was uneventful, and imho Jessica Andrade moving back to FLW would give a lot of troubles to Honchak, but sure it'll not happen; hopefully new FLW talents will rise soon, Bennett and KGB looks promising
- Co-main was great between 2 of the best talents in Invicta and 2 of the best SWs in the world; the result was a toss-up, 1st round to KK 2nd to Mizuki and the 3rd had KK showing more volume
- imho Amber Brown win was a robbery, and is the 2nd for McCarthy
- Calanoc has no place with top 15-20 AWs, now Esquibel should fight Brown or directly Hamasaki

Inoue/KK was the highlight of the card. main event was puke.

Sucks Cyborg is hurt but always down to watch Karate Hottie fight.
Thanks, I wasn't watching when they said it.

Uhm... I never saw this "Herica Tiburcio" fighting but at least, on paper, her record seems interesting, legit enough.
22yo 8-2
I don't know any of the fighters she beat, but one can notice that the two losses are:
1)a decision against Claudia Gadelha, who many rank as a top3 115ers (and a big one as well)
2) a split decision against a fighter (Camila Lima) against whom she has a finish (win)

Not really a surprise, Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc has retired from professional MMA via her twitter.

TUF has been terrible so far. I have doubts about 115.
Yeah, I didn't enjoy most of the fights on tuf20 either, for the moment (lets wait Rose, partly Bec, then the quarterfinals and the other 115ers not in the UFC).
But nonetheless I think female 115 won't be so bad, quality wise.
Most of the losers, of the tuf's first round, are both over 30yo and ranked over n

Vanessa Porto vs. Roxanne Modafferi at Invicta FC 10 announced at the presser. Winner will face Barb Honchak for the FLW title.

Vanessa Porto vs. Roxanne Modafferi at Invicta FC 10 announced at the presser. Winner will face Barb Honchak for the FLW title.

Barb already beat Porto.
For them I guess they'd like Roxanne to win but she's kind of shot. She did end her 6 fight losing streak by winning her last but that div is so thin they dont have much else.

Would like them to add a 135 title fight to this card.

That's all they can get to challenge Honchak? Honchak has beaten them both already. Modafferi stands little chance IMO. Meh.

Barb already beat Porto.
For them I guess they'd like Roxanne to win but she's kind of shot. She did end her 6 fight losing streak by winning her last but that div is so thin they dont have much else.

Would like them to add a 135 title fight to this card.
That is just pathetic matchmaking. On one hand you have Porto who already lost to Honchak last year in a title bout, On the other hand you have Roxanne who until her last fight was on a six fight losing streak going back to 2010 and they are in a elimination fight for the 125 lb title!!!

That is just pathetic matchmaking. On one hand you have Porto who already lost to Honchak last year in a title bout, On the other hand you have Roxanne who until her last fight was on a six fight losing streak going back to 2010 and they are in a elimination fight for the 125 lb title!!!

A rematch nobody really cares about or a shot fighter who fans like and is one of the wmma og's but is shot and would get owned vs Barb.

not really good either way. I guess Roxy winning and getting a shot would atleast be a good promotional story for them cause Roxy is liked so they could sell that. womens og who was thought to be done getting this last chance but meh.

Porto is more than a match for Honchak. Barb barely won their first fight. That being said, Vanessa should absolutely destroy Roxy at this point in their careers. And, why not give someone like Bennett a shot? Bennett dominated a ranked vet (Ould) and got the finish. Why not reward that fighter with a title-eliminator?

Jarl

Back