What do you want from Fallout 4 and TES 6?

For Fallout I'd like to see more gear customization. Be able to assemble sets of stuff, add paintjobs or accessories (faction disguises?!), more detailed parts system. Really just play up the ramshackle nature of a lot of stuff. I think NV was a good step in the right direction with it's crafting, just take that up another notch or two. I'd also like expanded options besides fighting through every encounter. I want better choices for making a social character who bluffs or bullshits their way through encounters.

For TES, bring back more spell creation type stuff. I really missed making custom spells to do exactly what I wanted. My favorite spell ever was one that combined a bunch of buffs to make me jump huge distances. I could leap up on things you were never supposed to be, to the point of being able to jump outside the level boundaries in some places. I didn't care that it was potentially game-breaking, it was fun as hell!

For both systems: make it so I can't be uber at everything. I want to make the hard choices, not just have to wait a few levels while I grind a different skillset.

I would just like them too be really fun

I suppose some form of co-op for those who are into that sort of thing. Depending on how well fleshed out it is I even might give it a shot, just as long as it doesn't hurt the single-player experience in any way.

Of all TES and Fallout games, I liked Fallout 3 the best. Morrowind comes a distant second. New Vegas was okay and Oblivion bored the shit outta me. Haven't played Skyrim yet, though.

I suppose some form of co-op for those who are into that sort of thing. Depending on how well fleshed out it is I even might give it a shot, just as long as it doesn't hurt the single-player experience in any way.

It would. They'd have to change the entire way the game works. They've said before it's something that gets brought up each time, and gets shot down quickly. The only way it would work is for the other player to take over as your follower, and no-one wants to play as a servant. Fable II had that, and it sucked ass.

-More fluid combat. I think they made some good progress in Skyrim, apply some of this to Fallout.

Bing Bing Bing!!!! Big winner for both games right here. The combat in Skyrim was practically the exact same as Oblivion... block, strike, block, strike... aug. And for Fallout, make it playable without requiring the VATS system, wish they could copy and paste the movement and aiming of COD.

-More enemy variety. The landscape variety in Skyrim was great but bears and snow bears and cave bears are not great.
Mods help significantly with this. But yeah, more enemies are a must.

-Improved bounty system. I want to be able to play as a criminal without it breaking the game.
That'd be a big improvement, though in Skyrim being wanted in one area and not the others was a step in the right direction.

-Slower leveling. I'm going to be playing this game for 100+ hours, I don't want to be a demigod 20 hours in.

Yup. I remember my archer in Skyrim was able to kill about anyone in one shot, and only about 15 hours in.

I'd add they need to embrace the mod community and add their significant improvements into official updates, after going through each with a fine tooth comb to be sure they're playable and not buggy whatsoever.

Also, being able to lead a group, like 4 or 5 followers. Like traditional RPGs, and have the available followers be unique and interesting characters in their own right (like the Mass Effect games).

Big decisions that effect the entire world around you... like deciding to set off the nuke in Nuketown, but several consequences like that to make each playthrough unique.

Add a real morality system into it, like Fallout 3, but far grander, think KOTOR or Mass Effect.

And I can't emphasize memorable characters enough, because the characters in Skyrim, Fallout 3, and New Vegas that are memorable enough for me to even remember their names, I can count on my right hand. Seriously. As fun as the games are, the people that populate it are completely lifeless.

Last edited:
The slouching Jarls were pretty funny.

Follwer AI needs fixing too. I don't need them running in front of me when I'm balefiring some fools or stotting them with a hammer. I believe the player is the only person that can kill followers, so it's quite annoying having to either pussyfoot around, let them die, or reload a save to avoid it.

unless they put a decent/interesting combat system in either game, I won't be playing

fallout 3 and oblivion are 2 of my all time favorites. Oblivion being #1, so its elder scrolls 6 needs to have more fantasy to it. All i seemed to do in skyrim was run into bears, wolfs, and bandits, and all ruins were just drauger, and if your a melee fighter, it was extremely annoying to fight dragons early on, so i hope elder scrolls 6 is more like oblivion in terms of fantasy feel.

As for fallout 4, i hope it has a wasteland feel to it like fallout 3 did, new vegas had better gameplay and iron sites plus weapon mods and jury rigging was awesome, but the story line wasn't as good as fallout 3, plus 3 had more of a fallout feel to it for me.

No, fuck that idea to hell. VATS is the gayest noob friendly shit ive ever seen.

I thought that too the first time I played. did you try to beat it on the hardest difficulty without it?

I want Fallout 4 to be like Fallout and Fallout 2.

Oh for sure. Although the thought of them trying to rush out another one because of how successful Skyrim became scares me a bit. We gotten 5 real TES games in 20 years so I hope they take their time as usual.

Well if they launched next year (which I don't expect) it would be 4 years. Im hoping 5 years between games, 6 tops. Any longer and they're seriously running the risk of losing a lot of the fan base they built.

I'd like Fallout to feel like actual fallout and not like oblivion with guns and radscorpions like 3 did.

As for TES I want daggerfall combat but better. Waggle the mouse around to hit bats. I want climbing back, and I want to be able to construct my own fucking spells again.

I agree with those that say Skyrim was a little too streamlined. If there was one thing I missed from Oblivion it's the sense of disarray. Even though Skyrim was bigger an more diverse, I always felt like I had a good sense of where I was, where I was going and what I was doing. I don't know how you find that balance but I hope it's something they can improve upon. I think one way is to make enemies stronger to divert your path. For example, a Deathclaw in Fallout was a far more formidable predator that a dragon in Skyrim. That makes no sense.

Last edited:
Well if they launched next year (which I don't expect) it would be 4 years. Im hoping 5 years between games, 6 tops. Any longer and they're seriously running the risk of losing a lot of the fan base they built.

lol no just no

I see them taking a 0% loss of fans no matter what the wait time. If anything they will get more. They have made 5 games in 20 years. TES are used to waiting for something good.

lol no just no

I see them taking a 0% loss of fans no matter what the wait time. If anything they will get more. They have made 5 games in 20 years. TES are used to waiting for something good.

Well first off I can't take your post seriously with your retarded childish reaction. Secondly, I'm glad we have a market expert like you to set me straight by reminding they have a 4 year average turnaround and I'm saying an additional 50% wait may adversly affect their sales. Either way, neither of us knows for sure.

Well first off I can't take your post seriously with your retarded childish reaction. Secondly, I'm glad we have a market expert like you to set me straight by reminding they have a 4 year average turnaround and I'm saying an additional 50% wait may adversly affect their sales. Either way, neither of us knows for sure.

ok there bud... someone piss in your coffee this morning?

For Fallout 4, I hope they make use of the next generation of hardware and design the whole game world with lots of vibrant shades of brown.

Back