Reaction score
Edited: Exact numbers by 5rounder

Total value $70,000,000
Number of months 72
Amount per month (Total) $972,222.2222
Number of fighters 560
Amount per month (per fighter) $1736.111111
Amount per year (per fighter) $20,833.33

Those are the actual numbers if you assume an even distribution to all fighters, which obviously is not the case.

Last edited:
I'm shocked that it will be the UFC that benefits primarily from this deal and not the fighters

Total value $70,000,000
Number of months 72
Number of fighters 560

Those are the actual numbers if you assume an even distribution to all fighters, which obviously is not the case.

Total value 70000000
Number of months 72
Amount per month (Total) 972222.2222
Number of fighters 560
Amount per month (per fighter) 1736.111111
Amount per year (per fighter) 20,833.33

So, it's even less than $2.500 per month per fighter (on average), it's $1.736. Wow. Just wow.

Brendan Schaub said 6 of his other sponsors jumped ship and the Travis Brown fight was the least sponsorship money he's ever made.

I think it was worked out as 20k a year there about.

Champions negotiate with reebok directly though,

But yes anyone other then a newcomer/champion is going to get screwed

how can people think this is a bad thing

back when there were fewer shows, sponsors were willing to dish out good money. now that there are so many shows, sponsorship money has gone down.

now everyone is getting paid -- including the guy in the first prelim of the night. no idea how this can be a bad thing.

how can people think this is a bad thing

back when there were fewer shows, sponsors were willing to dish out good money. now that there are so many shows, sponsorship money has gone down.

now everyone is getting paid -- including the guy in the first prelim of the night. no idea how this can be a bad thing.

yeah, everyone is getting payed $1700 per month in average - which means the first guy on the prelims will get a few hundred bucks (at best) each month from the reebok deal.

Total value $70,000,000
Number of months 72
Number of fighters 560

Those numbers are frightening. What's Dana's plan with this? Gross the current sponsors out? How does this benefit the fighters (apart from top brass)? Looks pretty bad if this holds true.

I'm shocked that it will be the UFC that benefits primarily from this deal and not the fighters

haha. i still don't understand why some people think that the ufc has the fighter's best interest in mind. they're trying to make themselves as much money as they can. even if you don't know the specific details of this deal, anyone of average intelligence can speculate that the ufc does what's best for their own interests first, and the fighters second.

I could care less and ready to move onto the next hyped subject.

This sounds like a big jump UP to me. you really think the average fighter was making 20k/year in sponsor money before??? GTFO

Yes some guys will fare better with this deal and others will fare worse, but overall, from a purely utilitarian perspective, this is a great improvement in fighter pay.

Plus these guys can still do ads and stuff outside the Reebok deal and can even have their own apparel sponsors or their own apparel companies.

yeah, everyone is getting payed $1700 per month in average - which means the first guy on the prelims will get a few hundred bucks (at best) each month from the reebok deal.

Why are you breaking this down by months? To make the number smaller?

It's about how many times you step into the cage, so using a number between 2-4 fights per year should work.

Why are you breaking this down by months? To make the number smaller?

It's about how many times you step into the cage, so using a number between 2-4 fights per year should work.

do you think the numbers are small?

do you think the numbers are small?

I have no frame of reference.

Lets take UFC 181 for example. Ashlee Evans-Smith was 3-0 and first fight on the prelims. How much did she make in sponsorship? Who knows? I certainly don't. How much will she make under the reebok deal? I don't know either.

So for me to answer your question I would need to know how much fighters are getting now, then I would need to know how much they get under the reebok deal. Without knowing both numbers, then NO ONE knows if its good or bad.

Lets take UFC 181 for example. Ashlee Evans-Smith was 3-0 and first fight on the prelims. How much did she make in sponsorship? Who knows? I certainly don't. How much will she make under the reebok deal? I don't know either.

If on average every fighter gets paid $1.7k per month and if the top dogs get paid MUCH MORE than that, fighters like evans-smith will get something between $2000-$5000 per year.

haha. i still don't understand why some people think that the ufc has the fighter's best interest in mind. they're trying to make themselves as much money as they can. even if you don't know the specific details of this deal, anyone of average intelligence can speculate that the ufc does what's best for their own interests first, and the fighters second.

This guy gets it.

yes-rudy1.gif

So for me to answer your question I would need to know how much fighters are getting now, then I would need to know how much they get under the reebok deal. Without knowing both numbers, then NO ONE knows if its good or bad.

Mike Kogan on what the Rebook deal means for the lower to mid card fighters in the UFC, and if he believes that it

Back