TUF 20: Episode 12 Tonight at 10pm ET/7pm PT on FOX Sports 1 DISCUSSION

I love how Rose did the Pat Barry victory face after she won. Priceless.

She's a badass. She finishes fights, usually quick. With the unorthodox kicks and nasty submissions, she's kind of like a female Anthony Pettis. Randa was awesome too. Worthy opponent, just got caught. If she fixes some sub defense holes she's gonna be a force.

I think Rose finishes Carla with another sub.

Oh yeah, and Randa's nose is kinda jacked, but other than that she's gorgeous imo.

I enjoyed the fights tonight.

Esparza was able to show more of her skills so people have a better sense of her now.

Namajunas was dominant in her submission skills.

Good stuff.

--
At the begining of the TUF 20 season Penne mentioned that she felt she wasn't strong enough. Esparza's punches versus her own must have been very much on her mind at the time.

Penne is actually much bigger and stronger then she used to be at strawweight, back when she fought Zoila Frausto. I'd guess she is going to look for a bit more muscle mass.

alexa has huge star potential, you are correct! :cool:

Really...any minute now she will probably "called up" to the UFC. Youth, only getting better, undefeated, easy on the eyes, finishes people, and would appeal to sought after Mexican fans; Grasso has it all. I think she`d get owned by someone like Esparza or Jag...but she is constantly improving and two years from now, she might start owning some high-ranked veterans fighters at SW. I`d like to see her fight Torres.

Jarl

Really...any minute now she will probably "called up" to the UFC. Youth, only getting better, undefeated, easy on the eyes, finishes people, and would appeal to sought after Mexican fans; Grasso has it all. I think she`d get owned by someone like Esparza or Jag...but she is constantly improving and two years from now, she might start owning some high-ranked veterans fighters at SW. I`d like to see her fight Torres.

Jarl

Alexa Grasso has potential. There is a great deal of promise there.

I do wish Alida Gray had attempted to throw Grasso when they clinch up for the first time in their fight or after Gray had stunned Grasso briefly. I'm disappointed someone with Gray's Judo background didn't bother to use her Judo in her fight.

I really wanted to get a sense of where Grasso's ground game is against someone with good top control and solid submissions.

I don't mind the outcome of their fight, TKO win for Grasso even if a little quick by the ref., but I do feel that an opportunity to see where Grasso's ground skills are at was missed in that fight.

It makes me wonder if the UFC will wait until she fights, and defeats, someone with decent ground skills who will try and get the fight to the ground. Livia Renata Souza or Ericka Almeida might be the kinds of fights/wins that could ansewer these questions. Hopefully Invicta makes that fight before long.

That Randa/Rose fight was incredible. First fight I've seen this season where both ladies looked like they belonged. Fierce attitudes, extremely high skill level. I loved it. When Rose shuffled her feet, and Randa exploded after her, that was my favorite moment of the season. You can tell Rose wasn't expecting that. Her face was like "oh sh!t". Carla's wrestling against Rose's explosive striking should be fun.

Good fights but how did Carla win 30-27? I had it 29-28 Penne and I cn see 29-28 Esparza but not 30-27.

How was the Carla fight was it as bad as I heard the others were?

What others? most of the figths this season were pretty good, unless you have an I hate women mma blindfold on.

Good fights but how did Carla win 30-27? I had it 29-28 Penne and I cn see 29-28 Esparza but not 30-27.

What others? most of the figths this season were pretty good, unless you have an I hate women mma blindfold on.

I didn't think Penne did anything of note. Other then follow Carla around and repeatedly eat punches.

anybody have a link or video of this tuf talk episode?

I set my dvr to record 30 min over every tuf episode and I always catch all of tuf talk but this last tuf talk lasted longer because of the cm punk segment.

my dvr stopped recording just as randa had went off on rose. the whole thing was pretty cringe worthy but since I already started watching it I can't stand the fact that I didn't get to finish it

Can someone link up the tough talk on fs1 if it's out.

I didn't think Penne did anything of note. Other then follow Carla around and repeatedly eat punches.

Really? I would love to see the stats, I think she was eating a big punch but landing 2-3 not as hard I guess but she was landing and Carla did nothing with the tkds but I'm fine with Carla winning I'm not fine with 30-27 but wtv its not a robbery or anytihng.

--------

Just saw the TUF talk segment, how can they think they are not bullies after all that shit is shown, both groups even, there were two bully groups(or a group and a duo) and now they act like nothing happened it was all for TV.

Yeah Bec you didnt bully anyone and you lost your fight because you fought emotionally not because Tecia was better than you by far.

I'm with Dana and the judges on this one. Penne landed some nice shots and messed up Carla's eye, but for the most part, I thought Carla put on a show and beat the hell out of Penne. Penne was too stiff. Wasn't really a close fight at all.

As I was typing my response, I realized you said you had Penne winning the fight. Holy hell, that is insane. That was a pretty one-sided butt kicking.

I'm with Dana and the judges on this one. Penne landed some nice shots and messed up Carla's eye, but for the most part, I thought Carla put on a show and beat the hell out of Penne. Penne was too stiff. Wasn't really a close fight at all.

As I was typing my response, I realized you said you had Penne winning the fight. Holy hell, that is insane. That was a pretty one-sided butt kicking.

I dont think so like I said I see it 29-28 either way, maybe I'm wrong I'll rewatch it later.

What the hell Randa?

She was bullied by her team and saw the other team bully Tecia and Heather, I dont see any problem with her not liking them.

Last edited:
Really? I would love to see the stats, I think she was eating a big punch but landing 2-3 not as hard I guess but she was landing and Carla did nothing with the tkds but I'm fine with Carla winning I'm not fine with 30-27 but wtv its not a robbery or anytihng.

I seriously think you thinking Penne won that fight is so ridiculous, that there should be some kind of karmic punishment never allowing you to give your opinion on who won a fight ever again.

Great fights between the ladies. All 4 should be in the UFC SW division. It will be a great finale for the winners. No spoilers included. :icon_lol:

I seriously think you thinking Penne won that fight is so ridiculous, that there should be some kind of karmic punishment never allowing you to give your opinion on who won a fight ever again.

I just woke up and watched the figth so like I said I'll watch again later and stop being a fucking asshole.

went 2 for 2, was worried randa would be too strong but damn, rose is a strong chick!

so happy randa lost, first round and tapped out, rude chick!!!!!

war rose!

carls did better standing than i thought. but not good.

the tuf talk thing really was frustrating too, i wanted to hear what people had to say and of COURSE, the drama crew, clark and randa, couldn't let anyone speak without breaking in and being rude, but yeah, they are the victims :rolleyes:.

didn't heather brag she has a degree in theater? it shows, and it's why people don't like her. what a phony.

way happy randa got put in her place and looked like the evil little brother from the movie wedding crashers. my word, LIGHTED UP!

oh and how insane is it that heather, who only has beef with felice because she bullied her and went so far as to say "she's bad for the sport" because of her sexy photos in social media (oh, but her friend is meisha, who has made a career of it), is upset because she got of all things, bullied.

karma dear, you should have learned about it getting that awesome theater degree with a minor in mid evil folk dancing.

BOOM!

Back