Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh. Getting invaded constantly at that cave with the two Flexile Sentries and Wardens in Eleum Loyce, and these cheap bastards won't let me clear the level out.

The path to this area is a hump, so right when I get to the entrance, I start by clearing out the Wardens, and then boom, invasion.

It's rare to come across players who don't use the enemies to their advantage. I could count how many times this has happened on one hand with fingers to spare. Totally aggravating.

Now I've had two permadeath runs end in Iron Keep. Only this time I missed a jump. Four hours and ten bosses later, I die to gravity. fml

Argh. Getting invaded constantly at that cave with the two Flexile Sentries and Wardens in Eleum Loyce, and these cheap bastards won't let me clear the level out.

The path to this area is a hump, so right when I get to the entrance, I start by clearing out the Wardens, and then boom, invasion.

It's rare to come across players who don't use the enemies to their advantage. I could count how many times this has happened on one hand with fingers to spare. Totally aggravating.
I think you should be able to burn an effigy at the bonfire and it prevents invasions, but I'd double check while in the bonfire menu.

Now I've had two permadeath runs end in Iron Keep. Only this time I missed a jump. Four hours and ten bosses later, I die to gravity. fml

Thems the brakes, kid.

Only problem with burning an effigy is you lose summons as well, don't you?

My fiancee beat Ebrietas in the Isz dungeon on her third try by spamming r1 and staying next to her. I tried employing pro strats and got wrecked lol.

On topic, going to bonfire ascetic an area with soul vessels, respec as a mage, and try Darklurker again.

Only problem with burning an effigy is you lose summons as well, don't you?

I'm not sure, I'd have to look it up. I haven't actually done it, but that's because I'm not speed running and I like being invaded, even if the timing couldn't be worse. If I die, so be it.

My fiancee beat Ebrietas in the Isz dungeon on her third try by spamming r1 and staying next to her. I tried employing pro strats and got wrecked lol.

On topic, going to bonfire ascetic an area with soul vessels, respec as a mage, and try Darklurker again.

Haha tried to leave but it pulled you back in!

I'm not sure, I'd have to look it up. I haven't actually done it, but that's because I'm not speed running and I like being invaded, even if the timing couldn't be worse. If I die, so be it.

Yeah I've never tried burning them either. I've been offline while doing these challenge runs. I'd lose it if someone invaded me while nearing a PB.

Haha tried to leave but it pulled you back in!

Can't leave it unfinished. Gotta just soldier through, rage be damned. I can get it to a quarter health as a melee so as a mage I should be able to do it.

I'll never understand you people respec every time, my ranged problems are resolved with something called Hunter's Blackbow, 4 fast shots in a row with 120 stamina, more than 1000 dmg total with 40 dex.

I'll share my main build if anyone is interested:

R Weapon 1: Ashen Warrior Sword
R Weapon 2: Barbed Club
R Weapon 3: Hunter's Blackbow

L Weapon 1: Phoenix Parma
L Weapon 2: Pyromancer Flame (Flame Weapon, Warmth, Fire Tempest)
L Weapon 3: Nothing

VGR: 35
END: 20
VIT: 14
ATN: 16
STR: 40
DEX: 40
ADP: 20
INT: 15
FTH: 15

Armor and rings are whatever you feel at the moment. And of course the Greatsword when you manage to riposte some fool.

Last edited:
I'll never understand you people respec every time, my ranged problems are resolved with something called Hunter's Blackbow, 4 fast shots in a row with 120 stamina, more than 1000 dmg total with 40 dex.

I'll share my main build if anyone is interested:

R Weapon 1: Ashen Warrior Sword
R Weapon 2: Barbed Club
R Weapon 3: Hunter's Blackbow

L Weapon 1: Phoenix Parma
L Weapon 2: Pyromancer Flame (Flame Weapon, Warmth, Fire Tempest)
L Weapon 3: Nothing

VGR: 35
END: 20
VIT: 14
ATN: 16
STR: 40
DEX: 40
ADP: 20
INT: 15
FTH: 15

Armor and rings are whatever you feel at the moment. And of course the Greatsword when you manage to riposte some fool.

I've got the hunters blackbow +4 enchanted with magic. I don't feel it replaces spells and hexes though it is quite handy. I've even got greatbows.

HAD IT DOWN TO ONE FUCKING HIT AND I DIED! Fuck this game.

Ears are red. Heart is pounding. Headache at the base of my skull. I've never been so angry in my life.

I've got the hunters blackbow +4 enchanted with magic. I don't feel it replaces spells and hexes though it is quite handy. I've even got greatbows.

Put it to +10 and boost DEX, it has S scaling, use magic bows if you want magic. Infusing kills it's scaling.

I feel your char is all over the place and not focused in anything, maybe that's why you're having a hard time with some bosses. You have the HBB that's a dex weapon, then a greatbow that is a str weapon, then hex, then spells. At this point you should know what works best for you.

Ears are red. Heart is pounding. Headache at the base of my skull. I've never been so angry in my life.

Did you get greedy? That's what normally happens to me.

The character I'm leveling now is going to be a pyro buff build. Right now I'm only in the 50s as far as SL goes. Focusing on INT/ATN, got my STR/DEX at 10/16 to use the Uchi, but I'll buff those when I get to the Lost Sinner. I plan on using bonfire ascetics there twice so I can get the old witch soul twice, one for the Chaos Blade and one for Flame Weapon. At the moment, my guy uses sorcery: binoculars and Great/Heavy/Soul Arrows plus Magic Weapon. I think my stats(starting as a swordsman) are

VGR: 10
END: 10
ATN: 20
STR: 10
DEX: 16
INT: 20
FTH: 8(to open up Felkin, and also cause I may do a Hex/Dex build instead of a Pyro/Dex.

The Hunter's Black Bow is my shit, but I don't want to use it on this character... I always rock a bow. Maybe when I get to the DLCs on this character, where Sorcery, Lightening, and Fire aren't as powerful.

When does magic get good? I tried a sorcerer run once and felt like I was banging my head against the wall.

Which platform are you playing on?

I'm on the 360 and it seems like 2 or 3 weeks since I've had an invasion (Red). I don't see many summon signs. However, I get summoned fairly regularly for Co-op.

Also, I'm playing the regular DKSII not the SOFS. I hate to rebuy it just for SOFS on the 360.

Because with DKIII coming, I'm actually thinking I may finally go current gen. Then maybe rebuy it again? Ugh. For anyone playing on the XBone, does the multiplayer still seem fairly active? Then again, I may just wait longer...

Playing on the PC. I wasn't going to buy SoFS either, but hearing everyone talk about it again made me cave, and I've been happy with it.

LOL at this. This was me the first time I played Demon's Souls. I rage-quit, and didn't come back to it for over a year, popped it in, then got sucked into it all over again.

This is the only modern game I've played since the NES days that I believed had a seemingly insurmountable difficulty, quit, came back to several months to a year later, and finally beat.

You'll get there dude. And all this suffering means that it will feel amazing when you finally do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back