• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

You think X Men movies need a reboot without Bryan Singer?

Would you have preferred a sequel to Superman Returns, a sequel to Batman & Robin, Spider-Man 4?

it's funny because Batman and Robin and Spider-Man 4 actually had great ideas for sequels.

I believe Spider-Man 4 would have had John Malkovich as The Vulture, but Raimi refused to let studios meddle with his work and rush him anymore.

And Batman Triumphant with Jeff Goldblum as the scarecrow, and a new more mature take on batman more inline with the burton movies was planned but ultimately scrapped.

Would you have preferred a sequel to Superman Returns, a sequel to Batman & Robin, Spider-Man 4?

Spider Man 4 would've been no worse than the Garfield garbage. I honestly don't even get why they decided to do away with Raimi. People reacted to SM3 like it was an abomination, but it never deviated too far from the style and tone of the first two cheese-fests. At worst, it was a drop in quality similar to TDKR. Yes, it's messier than the previous two and some casting choices were bad, but nothing that couldn't have been corrected. It still made a bazillion dollars, and people would've definitely seen a 4th. It wasn't "Batman & Robin" level franchise destroying.

I'm glad.

Where Batman's concerned, I wouldn't have wanted a darker, more Burtonesque sequel. That would have made the overall series just way too wildly inconsistent in tone.

And where Spider-Man's concerned, although I would have liked to have seen Malkovich as the Vulture (and no reason why that shouldn't still happen one day), I think another sequel, done right, would have made that overall series just way too wildly inconsistent in quality.

In truth I don't think Spider-Man 3 was as bad as people made out, it was certainly disjointed and could have done without venom and the dancing, but I never felt like I wanted to shoot myself watching it... although it was pretty bad I'm definitely the minority on that one, I think public opinion has turned on that film, people were mixed on it but it did get a lot of positive reviews at the time...

I like to think it was denial that a Spider-Man film could be bad :D

That being said I don't think that it would have been the worst thing to have one weak link in the franchise, most film series have, and I have no idea what the fuck they were thinking with the amazing spider-man films to be honest. They weren't bad but man...

It was.

Oh it was.

Oh it was.

Oh it was.

And Happy Harry. Don't forget Happy Harry.

Not from me. I sat in that theatre despising every minute of what I was seeing, thinking, "This is Batman & Robin all over again. Has nothing been learned in the last decade?"

There's a weak link, and then there's a total, unmitigated disaster.

They just needed to hold on to the rights. That's what that was.

I... I... I think I just triggered you. :eek:

I would prefer if they didn't leep making origin stories again and again.
Like Spiderman and Fantastic Four.

Just make new stories like The Avengers and X men

Yeah I was just thinking to myself, the cinema world doesn't have enough reboots or comic book movies.

lol, I'm not even going to argue with that. He's a big blue fucker in sci-fi gear. It looks enough like him that I can tell who he is, I'm not going to complain that they didn't try to give him a flat helmet like face with big rubber lips that in all honesty would have just caused a race controversy.

bryan-singer-officially-directing-x-men-apocalypse

ew-cover-1373-xmen_612x380.jpg

If you're saying that these two look nothing alike then you're deluding yourself.

So... you should probably stop.

Bullshit. If you seen that picture of that guy you would not say that's apocalypse.

YouRe deluding yourself to see a crappy version but like to think that's ok.

Wow you're kinda weird to automatically take this to race. Wtf

I know you don't read comics

Some of the movies were mildly enjoyable but it's not x-men to me, it's simply a movie about mutants. Definitely needs a reboot along with:

Avengers, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor.

Here's a suggestion. Ya don't like comic book movies? Stay out of a thread discussing comic book movies. Leave the discussion of comic book movies to those who like comic book movies.

Appreciate the suggestion. However, I think I will continue to voice my displeasure at the low quality & oversaturation of comic book movies, in threads about comic book movies.

Feels like it might be out of place in a thread about oh, say Arlovski's takedown defense, or Conor vs. Jose.

Give them back to Marvel.

Expecting this sooner rather than later. Once Secret Wars ends and all new Marvel is launched, the well of content is gonna dry up. Big M went scorched earth on the X-Men.

Reboot the entire MCU? That's probably at least 15-20 years away.

I know and that's what saddens me, I'll never get to see these characters and storylines that I love taken seriously, I'll never see a serious Tony Stark that doesn't crack one liners every 2 seconds, I'll never see a Thor that actually acts like a god of thunder, I'll never see Wolverine that acts like Wolverine and wears the cowl. It doesn't have to be exactly like the comics but at least retain the mood and feel. MCU movies are constantly telling their audiences "hey, remember this is just a comic book movie, you're watching a movie right now, it's just a movie"

Whereas X-men movies try hard but end up just being average or slightly above average films, they cut out the campiness of MCU but try to be too realistic and ending up as something unrecognizable from the comics.

Bullshit. If you seen that picture of that guy you would not say that's apocalypse.

YouRe deluding yourself to see a crappy version but like to think that's ok.

Wow you're kinda weird to automatically take this to race. Wtf

I know you don't read comics

Oh, so you're THAT kind of troll.

All I'm saying is, if pokemon didn't get away with it, X-Men in live action wouldn't.

But yeah, keep saying whatever the fuck makes you sleep better at night, all you've done on this thread is be negative without any kind of substance to your thoughts so... bye.

What do ya mean ya triggered me?

Sorry, I completely forgot to respond.

It's just a dumb internet meme that's come about from people claiming that reading internet posts or watching movies/playing video games triggered there supposed PTSD.

So there's this whole thing about "getting triggered", so the joke was that Spider-Man 3 gave you PTSD, and that talking about it triggered the PTSD.

That's about the most I can explain with out linking you to memes... and honestly no one needs to see that.

I completely forgot that not everyone is being bombarded with the dark side of the internet 24/7

Please..let's take a good break from comic book movies.

Back