You think X Men movies need a reboot without Bryan Singer?

Yoville

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fox needs to reboot The X Men Movies without Bryan Singer doing terrible job at making up his own storylines with X-Men 1,2 & Days of Future Past.. They should had at least follow the comic books a little bit in the films.

I don't know what they should do, but I've not been very thrilled by any of the movies. I enjoyed some, sure, but none really left me blown away. (Although, perhaps growing up buying the comics/cards, and watching the cartoons, caused my expectations to be a bit too high to be a proper judge.)

With that said, there have been some really great scenes I've enjoyed scattered about. For example, Nightcrawler running down on the president, with Mozart playing in the background, was crazy.

Singer's X-Men movies are pretty sweet. They're all in the upper echelon of comic book flicks.

I would like to see a Wolverine that is actually true to what the fans know from the comics/cartoon/video games pre-2000.

We got that already. It was called "First Class".

Singer just came back because he knows the material as good as anyone, and Matthew Vaughn hates directing sequels for whatever reason.

But no, we don't need another reboot to appease some nitpicky nerds. The franchise is just fine.

Singer has done fine. I think most comic fans would like things to be closer, but his movies haven't been horrible. X2 was very good and have seen his xmen movies start to finish more than once. Not something I can say for the non singer x-men movies.

Fox needs to reboot The X Men Movies without Bryan Singer doing terrible job at making up his own storylines with X-Men 1,2 & Days of Future Past.. They should had at least follow the comic books a little bit in the films.

This post is pretty funny, when you know that the only good X-Men flicks have been directed by Singer, with the lone exception being the one directed by Vaughn.

First Class wasn't a reboot. A reboot is a complete wiping of the slate and a ground zero start all over again from scratch or it's not a reboot.

They replaced 99% of the cast, and started an all new story arc. Days Of Future Past undid a lot of that effort, but First Class most definitely took the franchise in a new direction, and other than Wolverine's two second cameo, wiped the slate clean and started fresh.

We should reboot the reboots that have been rebooted, ad infinitum.

serveimage

They replaced 99% of the cast, and started an all new story arc. Days Of Future Past undid a lot of that effort, but First Class most definitely took the franchise in a new direction, and other than Wolverine's two second cameo, wiped the slate clean and started fresh.

You do realize what a prequel is right? That the storyline purposely focused on the X-Men in the early years as opposed to the later years like the other films? A prequel and a reboot are not the same thing.

I thought the two X-men movies without Singer sucked.. One much worse than the other. Hard comic to make into a credible movie. I'm glad he's back on them.

I just hope Marvel gets it back some day.

Perhaps Marvel could do a live action X-Men show with HBO quality production. I don't think Fox could stop that.

You do realize what a prequel is right? That the storyline purposely focused on the X-Men in the early years as opposed to the later years like the other films? A prequel and a reboot are not the same thing.

Hasn't the time line been altered? Its pretty similar to the Star Trek reboot at this point.

This post is pretty funny, when you know that the only good X-Men flicks have been directed by Singer, with the lone exception being the one directed by Vaughn.

singer was a producer on that movie as i recall and had a very large part in making it.

Also not a reboot.

It is according to its Wikipedia page & critics on Rotten Tomatoes.

In any event, prequal, reboot... call it whatever you want. Either way they are all basically attempts to make money from rehashing old stuff.

The only people who don't like Singer's X-Men movies are homophobes and comics neckbeards. Fox isn't going to walk away from the ATM while it's still spitting out Benjis.

You saw what happened when they handed off the reins with X3.

Wait... what. Making his own story lines? What are you talking about? He adapted them to fit his universe and changed things around but other than the first one all of the X-Men films have been based off comic story lines, including Singers

X-Men 2 is based on God Loves, Man Kills
X-Men 3 is based on The Dark Phoenix Saga
X-Men: First Class is based off, you guessed it, First Class
X-Men: Days of Future Past is based off Days of Future Past
X-Men: Apocalypse is going to follow on from there

X-Men Origins: Wolverine was based off of the Wolverine origin comic that's name escapes me
The Wolverine was based off the wolverine comic from the 80s (most of those stories were written by Chris Claremont, who did the majority of X-Mens best known stories)

There are differences as with all adaptations but the core plot elements remain the same, the movies didn't invent stories. They're ALL based off storylines from the comics, except I think the first one.

the fact is singer has a pretty damn good track record with the x-men films and his have been the best of them.
that being said the newest one apocylapse has alot going on and has potential to be bad, but i have faith. this will infact be the last in the series as i understand it.
its closing the "first class" trilogy.
im not apposed to giving another director a shot at making x-men movies, in fact i think singer has said that hes done after apocylapse.
nothing wrong with starting over and producing more films, recasting and telling other stories with other characters/ directors , actors, writers..ect..... im all about it. as long as they dont suck like F4 did. im sure they will make more movies, with different actors, directors, writers and what not.
why not?
if its making money why not? im a big fan of comics in general so the more the better as far as i concernced

Last edited:
I don't think it's based off of it, just borrows the title.

It took some plot elements, but you're correct, it's not strictly based off it, it did more than just borrow the title though, it took a lot of the aesthetic too but yeah I may have jumped the gun by saying its based off it, it's been a while since I read it!

Back