You think X Men movies need a reboot without Bryan Singer?

Spawn had a woman kicking a guy in the face, which is a turnon for me, so I feel more kindly about that movie.

Well it's better than the reverse!

I thought Michael Jai White was good in it but... dat cape.

Although, back onto X-Men, I'm pretty interested in what they're going to do with Apocalypse. They showed a clip of him in Egypt at the end of the last one and I would LIKE to see his history done in film, even though I know it would probably be less of his travels and getting people to worship him and more contrived bullshit instead but it'd be cool to see done right.

Especially seeing as there haven't really been many X-Men movie villains that weren't just Magneto's lackies. I'm hopeful that Apocalypse being in the movie means that we get Cable too, but it's hard to know.

The main thing I'm critical of is that the constant recasts and presence of characters purely for fan service even if they don't serve purpose.

I've liked the idea of an X-Men live action TV show, that just has Xavier and Cyclops, Jean Grey, Ice Man, Beast and Angel to start out with, to pay homage to the original line up and then slowly introduce new characters, purely because I think it could flow better than the movies.

Considering the X-Men franchise under Singer has been hands down the best comic book film franchise outside of Nolan's Batman films....uh, a hearty "hell no."

I didn't like any X-Men movie and won't be satisfied until the movie costumes are exactly the same as the comics and until they quit putting Magneto, Mystique in every single movie.

Considering the X-Men franchise under Singer has been hands down the best comic book film franchise outside of Nolan's Batman films....uh, a hearty "hell no."

i agree with the sentiment but disagree about the quality of Nolan's films. and for me neither x-men or Nolan's bat flicks are the best "comic book" movies. but thats just me... great franchises for sure.
still tho, i dont mind letting singer go off to do something else and giving someone else a shot at it. there is a wealth of source material to choose from and i for one would like to see different takes on the X-men.

for instance there is talk of a possible x-men live action television show. which if done right could be sweet.

I think they should do it based not on the x-men but x- factor.
if you can follow...
i imagine a mix between alphas and x-files.
a small group of mutants that work for the goverment to investigate other mutant issues and problems and if need be take them down.
kinda like a mutant of the week type show with a running story. it could be so sick. just gotta put together the right group of mutants.

The last thing we need is a Fantastic Four version of Xmen.

Only if Marvel gets the rights back.

I loved First Class, and was a little worried when Vaughn left, but I think Days of Future Past is great. I'm happy with Singer's directing.

Oh, so you're THAT kind of troll.

All I'm saying is, if pokemon didn't get away with it, X-Men in live action wouldn't.

But yeah, keep saying whatever the fuck makes you sleep better at night, all you've done on this thread is be negative without any kind of substance to your thoughts so... bye.

Way to skirt the conversation while not acknowledging how that's not apocalypse.

My substance is comics. I have plenty. Where's yours?

Bryan Singer's Jared like tendencies bother me a lot

Way to skirt the conversation while not acknowledging how that's not apocalypse.

My substance is comics. I have plenty. Where's yours?

Well clearly you don't seeing as you're not saying anything. I've actually been talking about comics and stuff from them throughout this thread, you'd just been talking shit.

I can't acknowledge that it's not Apocalypse. It factually IS Apocalypse. That right there sunshine, is Apocalypse, as seen in the upcoming movie X-Men: Apocalypse, whether you like his design or not, now go cry somewhere else.

I didn't like any X-Men movie and won't be satisfied until the movie costumes are exactly the same as the comics and until they quit putting Magneto, Mystique in every single movie.

You would think they would have easy time making comic book costumes when you see comic con fans dressing up like the X Men with those costumes

Last edited:
Well clearly you don't seeing as you're not saying anything. I've actually been talking about comics and stuff from them throughout this thread, you'd just been talking shit.

I can't acknowledge that it's not Apocalypse. It factually IS Apocalypse. That right there sunshine, is Apocalypse, as seen in the upcoming movie X-Men: Apocalypse, whether you like his design or not, now go cry somewhere else.

Do you think they'll keep him looking the same the whole movie or do you think his appearance will alter and they'll add some CGI in?

Oh now you want to back track on what you were saying how it looked like Apocalypse lol.

Now it's not right lol ok man

Oh now you want to back track on what you were saying how it looked like Apocalypse lol.

Now it's not right lol ok man

How is it back tracking you asshat? It looks like him. Why do I always find my way to the threads with the trolls that can't read.

Do you think they'll keep him looking the same the whole movie or do you think his appearance will alter and they'll add some CGI in?

Probably keep that look for him, I'd imagine we'd have seen the CGI'd version in promo material if there was one.

Singer is the most overrated director working. If Robert Rodriguez never existed SingeRwould be the MODOAT. He, with Fox's help, have pretty much ruined the franchise. In spite of some cool moments, he pretty much shit on the franchise while making it close to impossible to reboot. Could Nolan have rebooted Batman if the Joker had been in every single movie up to that point?

If they go to Marvel it really won't be any better, unless you wondered what the X-men would be with if it were filmed in front of a live studio audience.

Back