• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

You think X Men movies need a reboot without Bryan Singer?

If I had to make a big complaint about the X-Men movies it's the lack of use of Colossus. He is an awesome character and they barely used him. Like in X3, how are you gonna have Colossus and The Juggernaut in the same movie and not have them cross paths? Seriously?

The only people who don't like Singer's X-Men movies are homophobes and comics neckbeards. Fox isn't going to walk away from the ATM while it's still spitting out Benjis.

You saw what happened when they handed off the reins with X3.

In truth, I'm a pretty big comic nerd (my job is literally writing about them on the internet) but the X-Men films are just about the only comic book films I do like right now. Fox shouldn't walk away from it, because it's really legitimately good, so much better in my opinion than what Marvel are putting out at the moment.

I can see a reboot after Hugh is done with "Old Man Logan." Patrick and Ian are too old at this point. In fact I would say 95% of the cast is. Halle, Famke they are all like in their 50's or high 40's. Kelsey is in his 60's too.

The First Class roster is from a different era during the 80's. To move them to current times they'd have to age them up with CGI.

Need to get a new cast in their 30's and some dude's in their 50's to play Magneto and Prof. Xavier.

Apocalypse might even be the last time we see the First Class team. I know Jennifer Lawrence doesn't want to do it anymore and Fassbender is has become an A Lister too since starring in First Class. They probably don't want to be typecast.

In truth, I'm a pretty big comic nerd (my job is literally writing about them on the internet) but the X-Men films are just about the only comic book films I do like right now. Fox shouldn't walk away from it, because it's really legitimately good, so much better in my opinion than what Marvel are putting out at the moment.

I'm curious, what is your opinion on the look they chose for Apocalypse?

It is according to its Wikipedia page & critics on Rotten Tomatoes.

In any event, prequal, reboot... call it whatever you want. Either way they are all basically attempts to make money from rehashing old stuff.

Can't speak on the Star Trek movies as I haven't watched them, but if you think "rehashing old stuff" applies to First Class and Days of Future Past, you haven't watched either of them. The stories of those two movies, cast, etc, are completely different than the original trilogy.

First Class was a clear as day prequel and Days of Future Past made that obvious because the original timeline of the first three movies was still intact (plus Wolverine's solo films). In order for the two of them to be reboots, the continuity of the original trilogy would have had to have been completely thrown out and disregarded. If you watched Days of Future Past at all you'd know that's clearly not the case as Days of Future Past used a good portion of the original cast (and by good portion I mean most of them, if not in full roles then in cameos like Beast, Cyclops, and Jean Grey) and specifically pointed back to the original trilogy at times (mostly with Wolverine, his connections to Stryker and Xavier).

In fact, I'd go so far as to say part of Days of Future Past's purpose was to wipe X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine from existence without rebooting the series entirely. The rest of the history can stay in place (although, to be fair, we don't know a lot about the future timeline after Wolverine woke up apart from who's alive that wasn't after X3) but the two movies that screwed up certain parts of the universe can be thrown out to make way for future stuff, which I'd give at least partial credit to for why we now have a solo Deadpool film coming out since the guy with his mouth sewn shut never existed. Thank god.

On the topic itself, I wouldn't want a reboot just yet. Not with how things are going at the moment. I loved Days of Future Past and Apocalypse looks great as well (and it brings back my favorite character for more than just a mini cameo). After that we'll see where they take it. I worry about how many stories they can make without mixing the X-Men with another set of villains and given how they've handled pretty much everybody under the Fantastic Four umbrella, I can't say I'd be excited for an X-Men/Fantastic Four crossover in any capacity.

Intrigued.

I used to write for a website called GeekSnack, not the best in terms of pay and we decided ultimately to part ways because I needed something that would support me/my life goals and the comic based articles weren't drawing as many views as they originally hoped.

At the moment I'm an editor for a gaming website. I'm hoping to getting back to writing opinion pieces and stuff in the future!

I'm curious, what is your opinion on the look they chose for Apocalypse?

I like it to be honest, I know some people were freaking out over the colour but that was just dodgy lighting in the picture that they took. I feel like the nose is a bit too big, but he still looks like Apocalypse, and I try not to get too hung up over the designs of characters anyway, otherwise it'd drive me crazy. Could have been better, but I'm satisfied for now.

I like it to be honest, I know some people were freaking out over the colour but that was just dodgy lighting in the picture that they took. I feel like the nose is a bit too big, but he still looks like Apocalypse, and I try not to get too hung up over the designs of characters anyway, otherwise it'd drive me crazy. Could have been better, but I'm satisfied for now.

I agree. There are some things i dont like about the design, but overall i think its ok. Im not going to judge the film based off of a couple screen shots. I just think the over all look is a little "busy" but the color didnt bother me at all. I could tell he was blue, and the coloring and lighting of those shots, made him look a little purple.

I agree. There are some things i dont like about the design, but overall i think its ok. Im not going to judge the film based off of a couple screen shots. I just think the over all look is a little "busy" but the color didnt bother me at all.

Yeah exactly that, so long as the stories are good and keep to the creativity of the comics I'm fine. Incidentally that's why I've not been fond of the Marvel films but I dug the hell out of the new Daredevil show, the costume in that I thought was pretty good too despite some people moaning that it looked odd.

Singer has done fine. I think most comic fans would like things to be closer, but his movies haven't been horrible. X2 was very good and have seen his xmen movies start to finish more than once. Not something I can say for the non singer x-men movies.

Yea I think the movies have been pretty good. 1 was just ok, 2 was great, 3 was good but it just changed things in the story line so much. The two Wolverine movies were good and first glass was great.

We got that already. It was called "First Class".

Singer just came back because he knows the material as good as anyone, and Matthew Vaughn hates directing sequels for whatever reason.

But no, we don't need another reboot to appease some nitpicky nerds. The franchise is just fine.

Seriously, plus one. The movies seem to go along fine with the comics to the general population. It is only the basement mouth-breathers that get all uppity about the films, outside of the Deadpool in the Wolverine? movie.

Which one? Black or red(dish)?

The red one, that was the one I heard people moaning about, I thought it was great although I did prefer the black costume, it was a great throwback to Frank Miller's run on the comic. Fans get too nitpicky sometimes.

Does he have the lenses in the red one?

I don't think he did, I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure they were black, they are in the posters but I don't really remember getting a good look in the actual show, they saved it for the end.

I used to write for a website called GeekSnack, not the best in terms of pay and we decided ultimately to part ways because I needed something that would support me/my life goals and the comic based articles weren't drawing as many views as they originally hoped.

At the moment I'm an editor for a gaming website. I'm hoping to getting back to writing opinion pieces and stuff in the future!

You have never read an apocalypse comic to say that looks like him. Please stop

Avoid the reboot because it will most likely get Tranked.

If there is one thing the (superhero)movie business doesn't need

It's reboots.

You have never read an apocalypse comic to say that looks like him. Please stop

lol, I'm not even going to argue with that. He's a big blue fucker in sci-fi gear. It looks enough like him that I can tell who he is, I'm not going to complain that they didn't try to give him a flat helmet like face with big rubber lips that in all honesty would have just caused a race controversy.

bryan-singer-officially-directing-x-men-apocalypse

ew-cover-1373-xmen_612x380.jpg

If you're saying that these two look nothing alike then you're deluding yourself.

So... you should probably stop.

Back