FALLOUT 4 Official Discussion: Super Stimpak Edition

Last day for 23% off Fallout 4 on PC

Made up my mind on this one. Will wait at least until the holidays. No way it lives up to the hype.

I'm predicting a lot of 9s and 10s from the "media" but a bunch of 6s from users.

Damn, Animations for using Stim packs is going to slow things down a touch. Where before, when you're in the heat of battle you can quickly pause the screen and instantly regen health.

Combat Stimpack use is going to change boys.

Made up my mind on this one. Will wait at least until the holidays. No way it lives up to the hype.

I'm predicting a lot of 9s and 10s from the "media" but a bunch of 6s from users.

I'm guessing it'll fall somewhere between 88% - 91% on gamerankings / metacritic and probably have a similar user score after a few months.

Anything done in real time is better imo. This game is going to be amazing.

oh, was worried the third map was fo4 for a sec, but if the yellow is fo4 that's fine

Yeah that got me as well. FO4 looks significantly larger than FO3 so that's fine by me.

Can't expect every game to have a Just Cause 2 / GTA 5 level of scope.

Is it still going to be level scaling?

EDIT: Nvm, rubberbanding, like in Vegas.

Last edited:

I'm waiting as well, but mostly so the Bethesda bugs can be sorted out. I've got plenty of other games to play until then.

conversation with 2 other people at the same time

n5090274e6637f.jpg

They should make as much of the menu stuff be real time as possible. Like looking at your pip boy doesn't pause the game.

Launch Trailer

[YT]X5aJfebzkrM[/YT]

Holy fucking shit. Yes. Goosebumps. Oh my God the scope!

....I had to turn it off.

....But again....Holy fucking shit. This is the best footage I have ever seen from the game thus far.

What do you guys think has the better licensed soundtrack? FO3 or New Vegas? They're both fantastic, they're both unique and fit the mood of each game. I honestly cant decide. I want to lean towards FO3 just because I like the game more.

Last edited:
Hopefully the main story line is good unlike the last few games they have made.

What do you guys think has the better licensed soundtrack? FO3 or New Vegas? They're both fantastic, they're both unique and fit the mood of each game. I honestly can decide. I want to lean towards FO3 just because I like the game more.

i really enjoyed both soundtracks, but for me nothing beats I dont want to set the world on fire. The Erie feeling of loneliness and despair listening to that song while traveling through the capital wasteland was amazing. That was probably the most appropriate song ive ever heard in a game. It fit fallout 3 perfectly, one of the many reason i love that game

LN4GR4D.gif

i know the fangirls are gonna attack me(since bethesda does no wrong and only makes top 100% flawless gold games), but damn it's way smaller then what i was thinking and expecting

The fuck I care. You want to sightsee, visit the Alps.

I hate huge samey maps.

I like smaller which I can actually complete because I have a life.

I wonder how many minutes it took them to decide on the art style.

latest

16673.jpg

Fallout_3_cover_art.PNG

How about the Whole game?? I'm a huge Fallout fan but what the hell.. It looks exactly like the last two. Same Map, Same towns, Same look, Same Monsters, Same everything..

I'd like the same game Mechanics, but give me a Different world to explore, Different Monsters to kill, different Gear, fucking something..

This is hard to say but ATM: PASS

The fuck I care. You want to sightsee, visit the Alps.

I hate huge samey maps.

I like smaller which I can actually complete because I have a life.

leaving-now.gif

Wasn't this the same asshole bragging about reporting people in the other thread?

They showed new enemies and armor enhancements in the trailer. Same map, same towns, same look? Did you even watch any of the videos?

I loved the FO3 soundtrack. I loathed the NV soundtrack.

What do you guys think has the better licensed soundtrack? FO3 or New Vegas? They're both fantastic, they're both unique and fit the mood of each game. I honestly cant decide. I want to lean towards FO3 just because I like the game more.

F3 had the better licensed soundtrack, but I loved how New Vegas brought back some ambient sounds and music from 1 & 2. Like the ambience in Nipton (originally from Necropolis in Fallout 1)..

How about the Whole game?? I'm a huge Fallout fan but what the hell.. It looks exactly like the last two. Same Map, Same towns, Same look, Same Monsters, Same everything..

I'd like the same game Mechanics, but give me a Different world to explore, Different Monsters to kill, different Gear, fucking something..

This is hard to say but ATM: PASS

What the hell are you talking about? It would be a different game! They already messed with the lore too much in Fallout 3, imo. And they already have had the Northern California, Southern Califonia, Washington DC & Las Vegas as maps :D..

The only "same map" in the whole franchise is the the Shady Sands / NCR / Vault 13 & 15 area in Fallout 1 & 2.

Damn, Animations for using Stim packs is going to slow things down a touch. Where before, when you're in the heat of battle you can quickly pause the screen and instantly regen health.

Combat Stimpack use is going to change boys.

It's not that difficult. If you played Hardcore mode in New Vegas, you would understand. Your health comes back a lot slower in HC mode it's not instant. So you have to have a lot of food at the ready too to help supplement your health regen from Stimpaks.

Not sure if I'm feeling the bright and sunny wasteland...I love the dark feelin you got in fallout 3.

Wow, you're really breaking down. Even when I insult Bethesda games in detail and praise aspects of other games you have little melt downs. I guess if you can't handle a conversation I'll leave you alone to complain about how it's not big enough or pretty enough. Great critisism BTW, really thought out

I'm breaking down? i didnt write an SA on how much you suck bethesda's peen.

Not sure if I'm feeling the bright and sunny wasteland...I love the dark feelin you got in fallout 3.

i like it mainly because 3 and NV were so dull in terms of environment (fallout 3 especially), of course i liked 3's atmosphere because it felt fallouty, however i like the change to a more bright, vibrant world, to each his own though.

Todd Howard said that there are areas near atomic bombs that have detonated that will still have that murky cloudy atmosphere to it. The fringes of these area's are where you will see blue sky and sun. You have to also understand that the bombs fell like 200 years prior so any kind of dust clouds would have settled long ago.

He also said cause it's on Boston that there will be snowy area's too and rain effects. I personally like it. Adds to the ambiance.

pip-boy-app.gif

Bethesda launched the official Fallout 4 companion app today, and it’s pretty slick! Unfortunately, there’s not much you can actually DO with the app yet...unless of course you happen to mess with the game’s files.

The app, which lets you connect to Fallout 4, can only be run in demo mode right now. Demo mode gives you access to a few things, like a fake character’s stats, inventory, and map data. You can also play games with the app—but the only one available right now is “Atomic Command,” Fallout 4’s take on Missile Command where you must stop atomic bombs from destroying key American cities.
pipboy1105-610a.jpg

It's out on Android and iOS...Windows Phones not yet(?) according to the links I've read...people are already hacking the app to find all the available games...

I agree about GTA5, feels dead outside of the downtown areas.

It's a physics sandbox, not a roleplaying sandbox.

GTA5's world becomes interesting when you add in vehicles, friends, competitions and events.

As for events though they had a new one for Halloween called Slasher that I've been playing with some close friends. Holy shit. It's some of the most laugh out loud, screaming in your face fun I've had in years. Literally made me lose my voice one night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardscarf
Back