• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

For Those That Believe Assad Should Regain Power...

Maybe you should since you care so much about over population.

Well with a bit of luck the world's population will soon drop by 40,000 or so, and I won't have to care quite so much.;)

Well with a bit of luck the world's population will soon drop by 40,000 or so, and I'll have slightly less to worry about.;)
Yeah you won't have those sleepless nights worrying about those 40,000 people in Syria coming to get you. Must be hard being so afraid. Should just jump imo cause they're just too many of them still alive.

Yeah you won't have those sleepless nights worrying about those 40,000 people in Syria coming to get you. Must be hard being so afraid. Should just jump imo cause they're just too many of them still alive.

I'm not afraid of Syrians. I simply regard them as being not worthy of trying to save. Like billions of other people, they are utterly expendable. You may disagree, but I'm afraid your opinion matters about as much as what Syrians think of Assad. As long as the Russian's want him in power, Assad is going nowhere. No matter how many Syrian kids starve to death. Or for that matter drown because their father wanted to claim benefits in a European country.:rolleyes:

You'll have to excuse me; I'm going to bed now. And I assure I won't lose a moment's sleep worrying about the poor Syrians.

I'm not afraid of Syrians. I simply regard them as being not worthy of trying to save. Like billions of other people, they are utterly expendable. You may disagree, but I'm afraid your opinion matters about as much as what Syrians think of Assad. As long as the Russian's want him in power, Assad is going no where.
Meh

Horrific brutality is needed to win wars and keep peace in the ME. And this war needs to be brought to an end, by any means necessary. After watching us handicap and defeat ourselves over the last decade-plus I'm certainly not going to sit here and cry about Assad's tactics. War is ugly, why does everyone expect it to be so civilized?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-forced-to-make-soup-from-grass-a6800811.html

40,000 starving Syrians trapped by Assad regime forced to make soup from grass because they’ve 'eaten every stray cat and dog in the city'

The pictures and video in this article are very telling.

I know there are a few in this forum that believe Assad Should be allowed to regain power once ISIL is ousted. I believe this would be disastrous as he has committed numerous atrocities and alienated himself from his own people (thus why the civil war started in the first place).

Now, his forces have besieged a town, withholding food and supplies from entering. People are literally starving to death.

Still better than getting beheaded, crucified or sold into slavery by "moderates"

Well, didnt we help those "rebels" get to this point? It would have been over sooner if not for us right? So no starving kids. I may have my events screwed up though.

I just remember someone posted a vid of some blogger caught up in the civil war right from the first protest to the first barrel bombs. He stated the protest were not about Assad, but about some police officer abusing some kid. Then Assad jumped the gun.

But what kind of stuff did he do before this civil war occurred? If he was not too bad, then I dont see why not put him back into power.

I just hope they slaughtered all the animals humanely.

Well, didnt we help those "rebels" get to this point? It would have been over sooner if not for us right? So no starving kids. I may have my events screwed up though.

I just remember someone posted a vid of some blogger caught up in the civil war right from the first protest to the first barrel bombs. He stated the protest were not about Assad, but about some police officer abusing some kid. Then Assad jumped the gun.

But what kind of stuff did he do before this civil war occurred? If he was not too bad, then I dont see why not put him back into power.

I asked the same thing. I just want to know if there was crazy famine beforehand.

Yep, the proper disposing of animals seems more important to many in the ME, than the actual well-being of its peoples.

And Western Interventionism always leads to Blow Back. If you still think, after the cluster-fucks that Iraq and Libya turned into, that it's a good idea for the West to get involved in Syria, your IQ is probably lower than the average root vegetable.:rolleyes:
Do you think Syria is currently better off than the other two?

This is what war is ..........ugly. An unfortunate reality of this situation.

This isn't all on Assad, Assad's forces won't let anyone in but Islamist rebels aren't allowing anyone to leave(despite public protests).

I may as well expand on this since we're talking about atrocities committed by the fighting forces in Syria.
The SDF, which controls most of North Western Syria and almost only fights ISIS has killed the least amount of civilians, has a decent amount of respect for human rights, and poses no international terror threat.
The Syrian government, which controls the largest number of urban population centers has killed the largest number of civilians, has little respect for human rights unless you're one of their allies, and poses little international threat to anyone other than Israel.
The opposition or rebel fighters, that control Idlib province, parts of Daraa, and contest a few population centers have killed a decent number of civilians, have a mixed to negative human rights record, and pose a moderate to high international terror threat do to their Islamist ideology and reliance on using Al Qaeda linked groups as storm trooper for their offensives.
ISIS, which controls mainly more rural territory with a few medium sized cities has killed the second largest number of civilians, has the lowest possible amount of respect for human rights, and poses the highest possible international terror threat.

Unfortunately for you, the only person your opinion matters less to than myself is Assad.;)
Unfortunately for me? Why would your opinion be fortunate to me even if it was in my favor. Here's a free like tho (;

Back