• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

For Those That Believe Assad Should Regain Power...

Business as usual for Middle Eastern/Muslim countries. It is sad but what's more important is having someone that will keep the region stable and not attack western countries.

We ally ourselves with backwards ass countries like Saudi and Pakistan, why should we care about Assad?

I`m all for sanctions, lines of dialogue...offering medical aid or assistance. I`m NOT ok with going in with a military and bombing the fuck out of everything, hoping I get the bad guys.

Though I'd be the first to admit that Syria seems to be giving to double-bird to all economic sanctions. Doesn't exactly flinch at the disapproval of the UN security council, either.

It baffles me that you still think Isolationism works.

Not for aggressive, expansionist countries like Germany or Japan in WWII. But for tyrants who keep a lid on their own countries, it works just fine.
Just when did Syria invade another country? I could argue that Assad keeping a lid on those murderous be-headers is actually helping us.

Assad killing people IS NOT OUR PROBLEM.

Just as the shit happening in Africa...not our problem.

Or North Korea

Or Yemen

Or Ukraine

Or Brazil

Or Argentina

Our problem is the shit that happens inside our borders. That's our problem. There is a thread where 5 thugs raped an 18 year old while the father was helpless had to run and get police.

Shit like that is our problem.

You can't police the world and enforce our ideals unto others. If people are oppressed, they can leave or fight back against the oppressors. All you are going to do by getting involved is make generations of enemies ON BOTH SIDES.

It baffles me that you haven't learned this lesson yet.
Regarding the ME, they've been at each others throats for a long long time. Fuck them and fuck their constant blood feud. Let them sort it and let the chips fall where they may. There are no "good guys" there, just mutual blood hate between different factions of the same death cult, It's unfortunate that innocents get caught in the crossfire, but that's the way it is. There really isn't much the West can do about it.

Nobody said your catchy, convenient buzz-words "police the world" which obviously, is a terrible idea, which is why I didn't suggest it. International sanctions, opening lines of communication, efforts at transparency and accountability to intl. human rights councils and human rights organizations (you know, the ones who pass global laws like the Geneva Convention, basic rules of combat, global bans on chemical warfare, bans on any governments' violent targeting of civilians due to political orientation, caste, religion, etc.) isn't particularly aggressive, or invasive to maintain -- and news flash: we already have these systems in place, working hard at maintaining a global dialogue and basic human rights standards while you blog away about how you personally believe people being murdered by their government won't turn into anything larger, start any wars, expand into other countries and regions, etc.

Isolationism is an outdated model. You live in a global, culturally-diffused political system. You're still trying to sound like China's early dynastic period. You sound like Japan, before any interaction with rest of the world.

History has proved repeatedly, that a government's human rights violations don't stay contained within their own borders or affect neighboring territories. It becomes a problem for all of us, and it can be dealt with in ways that don't put boots on the ground, or missiles in the sky.

You act as if there aren't fifteen different, massive refugee crises going on, as we speak. Sudan and the janjaweed? That didn't stay contained. In fact, it's the exact opposite of contained, spilling millions of refugees into neighboring countries, effectively making the violence everyone's problem. Those situations? The ones flooding neighboring countries with survivors of government abuses, who aren't given anything to do, or any jobs to work to sustain themselves and their families?

All started with government violations within borders, that escalated outward.
Go to space, baby carrots.

I want to add, we have been interfering with the rest of the world for a very long time already. And it was not because we were trying to "police" it. We did it for our own selfish reasons.

Regarding the ME, they've been at each others throats for a long long time. Fuck them and fuck their constant blood feud. Let them sort it and let the chips fall where they may. There are no "good guys" there, just mutual blood hate between different factions of the same death cult, It's unfortunate that innocents get caught in the crossfire, but that's the way it is. There really isn't much the West can do about it.

Except we have been interfering with the ME for a long time for selfish reasons.

Except we have been interfering with the ME for a long time for selfish reasons.
Yes. But that has nothing to do with their constant feuding. Like I said in my initial post, a top priority of the US should be divorcing ourselves from the entire region.

Yes. But that has nothing to do with their constant feuding. Like I said in my initial post, a top priority of the US should be divorcing ourselves from the entire region.

Can we do that at the same time buy their oil, and sell them our stuff? It seems like we have no choice but to protect the House of Saud, Kuwait, and all the small kingdoms along the Persian Gulf. Right now there is beef stew brewing between Iran and our allies. And lets not forget Israel

It's either him or ISIS. Pick your poison.

Can we do that at the same time buy their oil, and sell them our stuff? It seems like we have no choice but to protect the House of Saud, Kuwait, and all the small kingdoms along the Persian Gulf. Right now there is beef stew brewing between Iran and our allies. And lets not forget Israel
All the more reason we need to get on it. With all the technological and scientific marvels achieved over the last 50 years alone, I find it hard to believe that it's not possible. Obviously, since everything is based on fossil fuels, it will b a gradual switch, but it has to happen.

It's either him or ISIS. Pick your poison.
Other way round
We cant kill isis completely without him going...until then we have the masses of various rebel groups,isis and a dead regieme now utterly reliant on foriegn manpower as nd airstrikes

Nobody said your catchy, convenient buzz-words "police the world" which obviously, is a terrible idea, which is why I didn't suggest it. International sanctions, opening lines of communication, efforts at transparency and accountability to intl. human rights councils and human rights organizations (you know, the ones who pass global laws like the Geneva Convention, basic rules of combat, global bans on chemical warfare, bans on any governments' violent targeting of civilians due to political orientation, caste, religion, etc.) isn't particularly aggressive, or invasive to maintain -- and news flash: we already have these systems in place, working hard at maintaining a global dialogue and basic human rights standards while you blog away about how you personally believe people being murdered by their government won't turn into anything larger, start any wars, expand into other countries and regions, etc.

Isolationism is an outdated model. You live in a global, culturally-diffused political system. You're still trying to sound like China's early dynastic period. You sound like Japan, before any interaction with rest of the world.

History has proved repeatedly, that a government's human rights violations don't stay contained within their own borders or affect neighboring territories. It becomes a problem for all of us, and it can be dealt with in ways that don't put boots on the ground, or missiles in the sky.

You act as if there aren't fifteen different, massive refugee crises going on, as we speak. Sudan and the janjaweed? That didn't stay contained. In fact, it's the exact opposite of contained, spilling millions of refugees into neighboring countries, effectively making the violence everyone's problem. Those situations? The ones flooding neighboring countries with survivors of government abuses, who aren't given anything to do, or any jobs to work to sustain themselves and their families?

All started with government violations within borders, that escalated outward.
Go to space, baby carrots.

tldr1.gif

No one cares, man. Sorry, to be more accurate, no one who matters cares. You can cry all you like about what's happening to these people, but it won't change a damn thing. You talk about History: the rich and powerful will always fuck over the poor and the weak. It's just the way things were, are and always will be.

Back