For Those That Believe Assad Should Regain Power...

I think it's much better for us if we don't get involved. And that's all that matters.
Well if that's all that matters, how does Libya reinforce your point? How are we worse off for having intervened in Libya?

This is so sad. Those kids don't even probably know why they are being starved. This is what happens when people muck around in other people's country.

Was there widespread famine like this before the war? Was Assad doing this prior to all the carnage?

I'm sure they'll be told it's all because of the evil Americans, even after said evil Americans swoop in to rescue them by sending tons of food aid.

I'm sure they'll be told it's all because of the evil Americans, even after said evil Americans swoop in to rescue them by sending tons of food aid.

Unfortunately, this is very true. I just feel for kids who don't understand, and who have shithead adults around them, just filling their heads full of garbage.

Well if that's all that matters, how does Libya reinforce your point? How are we worse off for having intervened in Libya?

Gaddefi or Isis, I know who my choice is.

Gaddefi or Isis, I know who my choice is.

Don't know why you think one excludes the other. In Syria, the dictator has not been toppled, and Daesh is stronger than they are in Libya.

Pales in comparison to what it would be like if Sunnis gain control.

View attachment 56817

No one cares, man. Sorry, to be more accurate, no one who matters cares. You can cry all you like about what's happening to these people, but it won't change a damn thing. You talk about History: the rich and powerful will always fuck over the poor and the weak. It's just the way things were, are and always will be.

So resign yourself to giving up on internationally defined human rights, pussy.

You're not worried about being randomly kidnapped, thrown in white vans and shuttled off to private detention centers to be tortured. We get it. Doesn't stop laws from existing on the books that were created in efforts to prevent that shiite.

The international community deals with those violations whether or not you "approve" lol. You don't have any influence in these areas.

They exist without you.

You want to brag about not reading something in the War Room? Sounds like you should get the fuck out of the thread, baby carrot. You don't get to have conversations at the geopolitical level if your attention span is childishly short.

Go watch spongebob, maybe you'll find it more interesting than someone pointing out (pretty basically) that things like the Geneva convention exist, and that countries are held accountable to it. Or feel free to talk shit about basic human rights if that makes you feel powerful, baby carrot.

Knights Templar should expel your ignorant ass, for making them look bad. Knights Templar actually give a fuck about abuses in the world, in case you forgot their reasons for forming.

2000px-Flag_of_Scotland_(navy_blue).svg.png

...also most of their members can read.

Last edited:
Don't know why you think one excludes the other. In Syria, the dictator has not been toppled, and Daesh is stronger than they are in Libya.

The dictator has not been toppled but the USA certainly helped weaken him and made space for for extremists. The point is that US policy in Libya arguably made things worse for the USA. I mean was the embassy getting attacked embassy attacked before (actually did they even have an embassy)

You talk as if the US didnt intervened in Syria.

The only thin Libya tells us is that if you are going to intervene, you better go all the way.

All I found is this:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/172728#.VpLXnX0rLnA

But that is Israeli news, and is 2 years ago.

Then I saw this:

http://syria.liveuamap.com/en/2016/4-january-hezbollah-syria-regime-troops-kill-civilians-fleeing

But I dont think that proves anything.
All I found is this:

Then I saw this:

http://syria.liveuamap.com/en/2016/4-january-hezbollah-syria-regime-troops-kill-civilians-fleeing

All I found is this:

Then I saw this:

Sigh no propeer net till weekend but iy shouldnt be too hatd for u to find hezbollah siege stufd

The only issue I have with the OP, is calling Assad for what he has actually done and that is committed / committing war crimes. He needs to be charged and tried for the slaughter of thousands of innocent civilians. If people that wanted him gone would merely mention the fact he is committing war crimes how could there be any consideration for leaving him in power? Then again the more I read and learn about this quagmire, the more frustrating it becomes.
I suppose you will be charging George Bush and Tony Blair with war crimes as well...?

I imagine that a lot of the people decrying this as barbaric are simultaneously in favour of the economic sanctions placed on Russia in an attempt to starve her people into convincing their leader to change his ways.
Amusing.

Until we can come up with a better option, Assad stays. He's better than al-Julani or al-Baghdadi.

Put the naive, compassionate bullshit aside for once and realize that taking down these "tyrants" will only allow more violent and unreasonable ones to rise.

These countries will never operate on Western democracy. They don't have the infrastructure in place to support a weak, compromising system, eventually someone will always seize power and assume leadership.

Last edited:
So resign yourself to giving up on internationally defined human rights, pussy.

You're not worried about being randomly kidnapped, thrown in white vans and shuttled off to private detention centers to be tortured. We get it. Doesn't stop laws from existing on the books that were created in efforts to prevent that shiite.

The international community deals with those violations whether or not you "approve" lol. You don't have any influence in these areas.

They exist without you.

You want to brag about not reading something in the War Room? Sounds like you should get the fuck out of the thread, baby carrot. You don't get to have conversations at the geopolitical level if your attention span is childishly short.

Go watch spongebob, maybe you'll find it more interesting than someone pointing out (pretty basically) that things like the Geneva convention exist, and that countries are held accountable to it. Or feel free to talk shit about basic human rights if that makes you feel powerful, baby carrot.

Knights Templar should expel your ignorant ass, for making them look bad. Knights Templar actually give a fuck about abuses in the world, in case you forgot their reasons for forming.

2000px-Flag_of_Scotland_(navy_blue).svg.png

...also most of their members can read.

8759132035_ac16a4c70f.jpg

The OG Knights Templar did things to Muslims that would make the average ISIS terrorist wince and mutter, "By Allah...that's going too far!" The Crusades were not exactly the most gentle and enlightened period of history, and the most barbaric war crimes imaginable were carried out by both sides.

The Geneva Convention is circumvented or completely ignored even by those who signed up to it. Like Human Rights, it matters only as much as the ability of individual states to enforce it. The top tier - America, Russia, China etc - will only spend blood and treasure when they feel there is something in it for themselves. Saving a bunch of Syrian civilians who'll probably still hate us anyway simply isn't worth the time, effort and, most important of all, the money.

View attachment 56891

The OG Knights Templar did things to Muslims that would make the average ISIS terrorist wince and mutter, "By Allah...that's going too far!" The Crusades were not exactly the most gentle and enlightened period of history, and the most barbaric war crimes imaginable were carried out by both sides.

The Geneva Convention is circumvented or completely ignored even by those who signed up to it. Like Human Rights, it matters only as much as the ability of individual states to enforce it. The top tier - America, Russia, China etc - will only spend blood and treasure when they feel there is something in it for themselves. Saving a bunch of Syrian civilians who'll probably still hate us anyway simply isn't worth the time, effort and, most important of all, the money.

The KT in scotland didn't have shit to do with the Crusades, and was formed to combat monarchs and royal classes that oppressed the poor and prevented basic governing processes from going forward. You're a bad scottish carrot. Glasgow's politically indifferent youngsters would suit your location better.

Also if you find yourself arguing on an internet forum that intl. human rights standards are useless and don't actually help people, have you ever wondered if you're just a bad person?

Listen to yourself.

Those standards have done plenty to shape conflict zones and put pressure on governments to account for their actions, especially when they approach the global table in efforts to strike economic deals, and obtain resources for their country. Wars and skirmishes would be using gas right now, if it wasn't officially removed from the options. Geneva con. is far more effective in real-world historical contexts than your tiny blogging on an mma website. You're still being a carrot.

Last edited:
Assad didn't create this conflict it was created because of extremists supported by Arab and Western governments. There's a lie here spouted by the West that Assad murdered peaceful protesters when they were violent armed protesters much like those violent thugs in the Ukraine coup.

America has lots of blood on its hands.

Back