Game of Thrones discussion v26: Season 5 Finale edition (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking about HBO Brienne.

Ok, is she the smartest character in the series? Oh hell no.

But she's been cunning, has a great killer instinct in battle, and true to her word and oaths.

Calling her 'dumb' wouldn't be accurate.

You're right, show Brienne isn't dumb. I've been reading the books again and it colored my thinking on the matter.

I find it really odd that people want to know so much. I always imagined that the people who were looking for information were the people who read the books and just were curious about how it would be adapted.

Except it's everywhere, which is why movie trailers tend to tell the whole story these days, and show the coolest scenes.

After watching the trailers I still stand by my point (respectfully) that could be anyone or mean anything. Maybe some of Drogos boys will put up opposition but I think by episode 2 she will have them under her thumb

I really hope the first 2 episodes have flash backs involving John snow while showing the red bytch and Dennis
Pennis working on him. Then at the end of the episode show them saying "it worked it worked"

Last scene - close up of eyes opening, camera pans out to reveal - the one true king stanis Baratheon.

It's the greatest troll series ever. They killed newborn baby's and pets in the first few episodes, yet still, 5 seasons in when they did the Sansa going to winter fell reveal I'm yelling at the screen "you sick fucks" lol

The only thing I hate is having to watch it, it's not like other shows/movies/games. I would rather wait till a season is done and binge watch but you'd hear a fucking commentator of some random low level boxing cards giving away spoilers. Two newspapers where I live got shit because they had a big bit after the red wedding, as in a big two page spread conisisting of large stills.

Well you did say they will follow her from the start!!!! Which I don't think will happen, but I do agree she will win them over eventually, one way or another.

I think the voice speaking Dothraki is 99% going to be that of the new Khal.

Major kudos on the Dennis Pennis reference.

just in case

jon is going to warg into ghost. the night's watch bros will know about ghost and jon, so ghostjon will have to run away. he's going to head down to winterfell to see what is up, find stanis badly hurt, but not dead, then he is going to warg into stannis and create the savior mel has been talking about, stanjon. for the rest of the series, the people of westeros will see only stannis, while the viewer will see him as jon, who is really in control of stanis' body.

0tlqT2F.gif

That might just be crazy enough to be true!

StanJon doesn't really make sense.

Why wouldn't Melisandre just reanimate Jon Snow like Thoros of Myr does to Beric Dondarrion?

Don't think it's as easy as that......not sure she is even capable of that. Nothing says she has done it before, right?

Still, it is quite a likely scenario, I guess.

P.S. Was Jon actually dead at the end? Or just on the verge of dying? I forget?

I wonder if the first scene of S6 will continue directly on from S5, with Jon lying in his blood.

yeah it's the likely outcome, but it would be easy to make up a reason why she couldn't. like priestesses make pussy monsters while priests resurrect people. also the fifth book makes it almost a lock that he will warg into ghost at some point. obviously the show can just ignore all of that, but for Stannis just to die such a stupid death for no good reason doesn't add up to me.

yeah it's the likely outcome, but it would be easy to make up a reason why she couldn't. like priestesses make pussy monsters while priests resurrect people. also the fifth book makes it almost a lock that he will warg into ghost at some point. obviously the show can just ignore all of that, but for Stannis just to die such a stupid death for no good reason doesn't add up to me.

Thing about Stannis is, I can't really see where he can go from here. Mel has realised he is not the chosen one, and whilst he may still have a claim to the throne, he has no army to fight for it- he's already lost his 2 big battles, do we really need to see him preparing for a 3rd. Unless he becomes a secondary character, there is not much for him to do going forward.

it seems like they were in a great rush to end his arc of fighting for the throne...it was all so silly and sloppy that it makes me think they are trying to move things along to set something else up. maybe he's just dead, but the lack of on screen death makes me think that is not the case.

I have no idea. Really, no idea, which is one of the reasons I like you think he's dead.

All I'm saying is they left the door open, and if he's dead, we should have seen it happen.

It's leaving me with that hollow feeling I had at the end of No Country For Old Men.

I get what you're saying, man. But my feeling regarding the offscreen death of Stannis- we didn't see Syrio or The Hound die but I'd pretty much bank on us never seeing either of them again, which essentially confirms their demise.

I definitely feel sure of Stannis getting murked. His storyline seems cut and dry over...followed a zealot who inspired him to kill his family members and facilitated the end of the Baratheons.

brienne could possibly use him as a bargaining chip to get ole girl away from ramsey

Brienne was so hell-bent on putting Stannis down that she left her post after weeks of just chilling /waiting and doing two-a-day training sessions with Pod. In that moment I don't think she'd even entertain the notion of what Stannis as a hostage could do for her. She was just out for blood.

it seems like they were in a great rush to end his arc of fighting for the throne...it was all so silly and sloppy that it makes me think they are trying to move things along to set something else up. maybe he's just dead, but the lack of on screen death makes me think that is not the case.

I didn't like him but I liked so much that happened within his arc, although I'll admit most of what I liked was the Onion Knight.

[/spoilers]

Brienne was so hell-bent on putting Stannis down that she left her post after weeks of just chilling /waiting and doing two-a-day training sessions with Pod. In that moment I don't think she'd even entertain the notion of what Stannis as a hostage could do for her. She was just out for blood.
in all likelihood, she took his head clean off

would be fun if she kept him alive tho

Melisandre is awesome so i liked his arc as well. i think Stannis is a dbag, so him going out like a chump is fine with me, but damn the way he went out was almost nonsense.

Thing about Stannis is, I can't really see where he can go from here. Mel has realised he is not the chosen one, and whilst he may still have a claim to the throne, he has no army to fight for it- he's already lost his 2 big battles, do we really need to see him preparing for a 3rd. Unless he becomes a secondary character, there is not much for him to do going forward.

Yeah his arc seems over to me for sure. Only thing you could potentially do is having him and Jon link up again and lead the charge in fighting the WW but why would you? Stannis had his shot and he fucked up. He sent his most loyal follower away and he essentially sent him away for good, as he must have known that killing Shireen would effectively end his relationship with Davos, forcing him to either kill or imprison an infuriated Davos once he returned, he watched his innocent daughter burn, was abandoned by the vast majority of his forces, his wife committed suicide, and then he witnessed his biggest promoter get the hell out of dodge when she saw the writing was on the wall for him.

By the time Brienne came upon him it was pretty clear Stannis didn't have any objection to dying.

If Jon and not Stannis is actually the prophesied one then likely we will see him take up the mantle and do the stuff that Stannis wanted to but failed to do- ie 1- get the Wildlings to fight for him 2- take Winterfell 3- lead the living against the dead.

Melisandre is awesome so i liked his arc as well. i think Stannis is a dbag, so him going out like a chump is fine with me, but damn the way he went out was almost nonsense.

It became verge parody given how much bad shit happened to him all in a row but definitely seemed like D&D were just rushing to wrap up his storyline before season's end.

just in case

jon is going to warg into ghost. the night's watch bros will know about ghost and jon, so ghostjon will have to run away. he's going to head down to winterfell to see what is up, find stanis badly hurt, but not dead, then he is going to warg into stannis and create the savior mel has been talking about, stanjon. for the rest of the series, the people of westeros will see only stannis, while the viewer will see him as jon, who is really in control of stanis' body.

intriguing. Though that would suck for Harrington lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back