Game of Thrones discussion v26: Season 5 Finale edition (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it seems like they were in a great rush to end his arc of fighting for the throne...it was all so silly and sloppy that it makes me think they are trying to move things along to set something else up. maybe he's just dead, but the lack of on screen death makes me think that is not the case.

Like what?

He literally lost everything......he has nowhere to go.

Say he is still alive, where can his character go from where we left him? I can't see any realistic direction left for the character.

Like what?

Say he is still alive, where can his character go from where we left him? I can't see any realistic direction left for the character.

like getting soul raped by jon and becoming Jesus.

Like what?

If the story wasn't already so busy there are a million places they could bring his character, but it's groaning under the weight of a thousand plots.

Like what?

He's the rightful heir to the Iron Throne.

If Cersei loses her mind and actually tells everyone that Tommen is Jaime's son, Stannis could instantly get most of Westeros to back him. She doesn't even have to do it herself, she's about to go on trial for that very thing and if somehow she loses, it's done. Stannis is the only leader in Westeros to help defend the wall, and he tried to take Winterfell back from the Boltons, who betrayed the Starks and are reviled in the North. Consider that if the truth about Cersei comes out, the Starks will no longer be seen as traitors, they will be seen as martyrs.

That's just one option. Stannis is resilient and has no lack of resolve despite the savage beatings he's taken over this saga. If Brienne doesn't kill him they could tuck him into another story line. The most likely I think would be Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, where your past is forgotten, and if anyone had a past that needed to be forgotten, it's Stannis. I could see him being the best Lord Commander we've seen in the series. Lord knows they need a proper leader now.

If Cersei loses her mind and actually tells everyone that Tommen is Jaime's son, Stannis could instantly get most of Westeros to back him. She doesn't even have to do it herself, she's about to go on trial for that very thing and if somehow she loses, it's done. Stannis is the only leader in Westeros to help defend the wall, and he tried to take Winterfell back from the Boltons, who betrayed the Starks and are reviled in the North. Consider that if the truth about Cersei comes out, the Starks will no longer be seen as traitors, they will be seen as martyrs.

That's just one option. Stannis is resilient and has no lack of resolve despite the savage beatings he's taken over this saga. If Brienne doesn't kill him they could tuck him into another story line. The most likely I think would be Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, where your past is forgotten, and if anyone had a past that needed to be forgotten, it's Stannis. I could see him being the best Lord Commander we've seen in the series. Lord knows they need a proper leader now.

Stannis as Lord Commander would have been great, but doesn't really make sense for the character. He would choose death over giving up his claim, imo.

Don't think even if Tommen's parentage was confirmed, it would make much difference to Stannis at this point.......a lot of people already suspect it, and Stannis has never been popular with the other Houses. Really makes no sense narratively speaking, to have his army go out like a whimper, only for him to regroup and do it all again......for a third time.

He was a broken man....has lost everything. It definitely makes some sense to kill him off now. He was obviously never one of the main characters in the saga. To tease both his death and Jon's, only to bring them both back would be really odd.

Still, it is strange they left it slightly open.

Like what?

Exactly- you can't even have him wind up back at the Wall cause Melisandre wants nothing to do with his non-chosen self and D

I could definitely see him being well suited to the Night's Watch. Seems right up his alley what with the opportunity for austerity/reflection but also having to be able to fight and lead men.

I still can't abide what he did to Shireen though. That shit left such a bad taste that I'm perfectly happy with the notion that Brienne put him down in Renly's name.

I just really get the sense that Stannis' story is done and now it is Davos and Melisandre whom we will follow up with. Could see both of them by Jon's side to be honest though Davos' hate of the Red Woman is probably going to be some next level shit this season.

Exactly- you can't even have him wind up back at the Wall cause Melisandre wants nothing to do with his non-chosen self and D

I could definitely see him being well suited to the Night's Watch. Seems right up his alley what with the opportunity for austerity/reflection but also having to be able to fight and lead men.

I still can't abide what he did to Shireen though. That shit left such a bad taste that I'm perfectly happy with the notion that Brienne put him down in Renly's name.

I just really get the sense that Stannis' story is done and now it is Davos and Melisandre whom we will follow up with. Could see both of them by Jon's side to be honest though Davos' hate of the Red Woman is probably going to be some next level shit this season.

What they do with Davos will be really interesting. His character seems somewhat lost in the shuffle to at the moment. Joining Jon is an obvious possibility, but a bit random as well.

They might do a Bronn, and give him something to do and elevate him to a more important character than initially intended.

I just really get the sense that Stannis' story is done and now it is Davos and Melisandre whom we will follow up with. Could see both of them by Jon's side to be honest though Davos' hate of the Red Woman is probably going to be some next level shit next season.

Having fallen so far makes him perfect for the Watch, and they really, really need him. I'm not sure how he'd get from where he is to the wall, though. If Brienne hasn't chopped him in half (and I think she has), that means he's her prisoner because she needs him for something. Or, and this is a stretch, she can't kill him because her house is sworn to his, but that wouldn't only just be occurring to her.

I agree that he's probably done. I'm just saying if I was writing this show, I see options that would work.

And I really hate him for Shireen. More than anyone on the show. More than Ramsay. More than the Boltons or the Freys. More than Joffrey, but that was easy because Joffrey was just a cartoon with a black curly mustache and a top hat. He killed his own daughter, he killed Shireen. There is no forgiveness.

Really can't see Stannis ever wanting to join the Watch....but itwould be interesting.

Have him survive only for Davos to wreck him......would be fun.

Have we seen Davos kill anyone yet?

Having fallen so far makes him perfect for the Watch, and they really, really need him. I'm not sure how he'd get from where he is to the wall, though. If Brienne hasn't chopped him in half (and I think she has), that means he's her prisoner because she needs him for something. Or, and this is a stretch, she can't kill him because her house is sworn to his, but that wouldn't only just be occurring to her.

I agree that he's probably done. I'm just saying if I was writing this show, I see options that would work.

And I really hate him for Shireen. More than anyone on the show. More than Ramsay. More than the Boltons or the Freys. More than Joffrey, but that was easy because Joffrey was just a cartoon with a black curly mustache and a top hat. He killed his own daughter, he killed Shireen. There is no forgiveness.

Yeah I was pro-Stannis at the beginning of the season but I was completely put off by that. Horrible, horrible shit.

Talisa's getting stabbed in the womb and Shireen getting sacrificed are definitely the two things that most fucked with me as far as this show goes.

I don't think so.

Fingers crossed that changes this season and we see him take Mel out. Unfortunately I think she will probably have continued importance but she deserves to get smashed.

Yeah I was pro-Stannis at the beginning of the season but I was completely put off by that. Horrible, horrible shit.

Talisa's getting stabbed in the womb and Shireen getting sacrificed are definitely the two things that most fucked with me as far as this show goes.

The Red Wedding was hard, but to me it was nothing compared to the death of Shireen. I never liked Stannis at all, but after that episode I was numb. All I could think was "fuck this guy."

This is where the writers got me:

"You do not belong across the world with the bloody Stone Men. You are the Princess Shireen, of House Baratheon... and you are my daughter."

2dqko7.jpg

They made Stannis care for the first time, they showed how much he loved her, and how much she loved him.

Fuck this guy.

Fingers crossed that changes this season and we see him take Mel out. Unfortunately I think she will probably have continued importance but she deserves to get smashed.

Fingers crossed on the right hand, I assume?

I hate the turn Stannis's storyline took at the very end.

I don't hate Melisandre, I'm not sure why. She's responsible for horrific things but I never saw her as human, and she's provided some great contrasts. The scene where she tries and fails to get to Jon was amazing.

Like what?

He can try to be a father to Dany to make up for killing his own daughter

In the end he's going to Hell

I hate that bitch melisandre

She's a false prophet does not represent the god of light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back