Guitar Players

I have a acoustic guitar but I'm novice even though I've had it for ages. Play a lot in a month or two and then zero playing until a year after. I've been meaning to get into it next autumn (my guitar is at home, but not where I currently live).

How'd you get a hold of those Holy Grail Strats?

54 is incomplete, I inherited it from an uncle who passed away. It'll take probably 5-10k to get period accurate parts for it. 66 I bought awhile back with a twisted neck and the body broken into 3 pieces and repaired it to playable condition. They're mostly just backups and display pieces. My primary guitar is a 71 that I put a dimarzio super distortion in so it would both look and sound like the one played by the guitarist from naked raygun

Anyone had any experience with Fender Bass VI 's ?
A little. We had a really old one in a music store I worked at. It was pretty much a long scale jaguar if I remember correctly.

Reminds me. When I was working at that music store in high school, it was right at the peak of hair metal and no one wanted guitars that didn't have Floyd roses and 24 frets on them. We had some vintage Les Pauls and SGs in there for next to nothing and no one would even look at them. We had some non master volume marshalls- 0 interest. I wish I could go back in time and tell my past self to buy that shit.

I bought an 8 string bass there made by Veillette/Citron which was an early boutique shop (veillette still makes guitars) that is now owned by the bass player from Heart, or was for a while anyway. Can't say if he still has it or not I suppose.

Not a fan of the look of hollow/semi hollow bodies... other than that I'm down for any lefty guitar I can find (Especially love PRS). I own a fender strat, an esp-LTD EC-256 AHB (upgraded with some EMG's), an ibanez bass, and a fender acoustic.

Not a fan of the look of hollow/semi hollow bodies... other than that I'm down for any lefty guitar I can find (Especially love PRS)..
xzv41ukwhmpuzl2brafs.jpg

acoustic all the way!!

played electric... like... once..............................

21257_818695948167861_7401867378524025912_n.jpg 12494827_937168749653913_4925502959706743092_n.jpg

I got a dinky about a year ago, my first guitar in years. I Ike it a lot, the only issue is that the machine head's are crappy, I'll change them at some point.

2910127585_gtr_frt_001_rr.png

I would love a hollow body as well. Being a rush fan I would love a white es-355.

This thread is for all the guitar players here! Let's share our guitars, advice, favorites, gear, and so on. I have two guitars I play on right now. First off I have a Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR that I just love.

I've always been a Schecter guy. And secondly I have Jackson Dinky. Both tuned in Drop D but I've been meaning to tune the Jackson into Drop C. I play on a Blackstar amp. Anyway, here is a couple pictures. I'd like to get a PRS next. Share away.

JOErmsY.jpg

in17pAm.jpg

Have any of you played a Reverend? I have not, but god damn they have some cool looking models.

PL-SLS-Pum.jpg

They're like what Jaguars are to Strats, to Teles. Appearance-wise, anyways.

What about vintage shit? Harmony, Kay, Teisco? I like the sounds from the 60s way more than modern, perfect sounding shit.

Have any of you played a Reverend? I have not, but god damn they have some cool looking models.

PL-SLS-Pum.jpg

They're like what Jaguars are to Strats, to Teles. Appearance-wise, anyways.

What about vintage shit? Harmony, Kay, Teisco? I like the sounds from the 60s way more than modern, perfect sounding shit.

I remember years back, the Reverends got great reviews. I don't know about these days as the guitars aren't USA made anymore.

I want to buy a new guitar this summer.

This thread makes me want to break out my guitar and play a bit. The only problem is that I was barely average to begin with and since I rarely play now I really suck when I do.

Fender Telecaster (I believe it's a '59 reissue, this pic isn't my guitar but pretty close)
x9cy3ahiyzxrspsod3sz.jpg

Art & Lutherie Dreadnought Acoustic
gtrcedblackQI.jpg

For amps I have a 90w Fender amp that was always far too loud for my bedroom at my parent's house or my apartment so eventually I got a MicroCube. I've only ever had the Fender turned up past 2 a few times, it was a bad purchase. I bought it on the advice of my Dad's friend who said I would want a good, loud amp once I'm in a band. That kinda jumped the gun though and all I've ever done is jam with a couple friends who play guitar and bass. Oh well. Maybe one day my kids will need a sweet, loud, antique amp.

Anyone here who plays classical? Recuerdos del Alhambra?

Can you give tips to tremolo playing I fucking suck at it.

Anyone here who plays classical? Recuerdos del Alhambra?

Can you give tips to tremolo playing I fucking suck at it.
I took a few classical lessons and to be honest, it seemed like work to me. It just wasn't fun. I'd love to be able to play like Segovia but at this stage in my life, I'm not putting in that work. It felt like I had to unlearn everything.

What do you mean by tremolo playing? Vibrato or fast picking?

Back