Guitar Players

I think he means the flamenco picking.

I took a few classical lessons and to be honest, it seemed like work to me. It just wasn't fun. I'd love to be able to play like Segovia but at this stage in my life, I'm not putting in that work. It felt like I had to unlearn everything.

What do you mean by tremolo playing? Vibrato or fast picking?

Its really difficult you must either do it for a living with good pay or just really love classical music to even want to be decent at it.

I mean tremolo like this.

That's more accurately called vibrato.
Trem playing often means specifically using the whammy bar.

I have a few acoustics -- cheap Epiphone, a cheap Martin, and a Seagull S6. I'm a pretty average player but hide it with my singing I guess.

Anyone here who plays classical? Recuerdos del Alhambra?

Can you give tips to tremolo playing I fucking suck at it.

Hello, a few tips.

Practice it slow and up to speed (even if it's not great yet)

Proper technique, you can start this away from the instrument. Start with ima retracted (as if you just played a chord). As your thumb plays your three fingers extend into playing position. From there you can either use ami, or ima to perform the tremelo.

Lastly remember the tremelo note is the melody. Try to play that as the loudest part (make sure the thumb doesn't strike too hard so as to overpower the melody).

fwiw, I have a degree in classical guitar performance.

Have fun!!!

Last edited:
Hello, a few tips.

Practice it slow and up to speed (even if it's not great yet)

Proper technique, you can start this away from the instrument. Start with ima retracted (as if you just played a chord). As your thumb plays your three fingers extend into playing position. From there you can either use ami, or ima to perform the tremelo.

Lastly remember the tremelo note is the melody. Try to play that as the loudest part (make sure the thumb doesn't strike too hard so as to overpower the melody).

fwiw, I have a degree in classical guitar performance.

Have fun!!!
Thanks for the reply.

As for the chord arpegios in Recuerdos do they rest stroke the thumb stroke or free stroke?

check out some youtube videos. Get a cheap guitar on craigslist or monoprice. RAWK out!

Thanks for the reply.

As for the chord arpegios in Recuerdos do they rest stroke the thumb stroke or free stroke?

I would use a free stroke. Especially since your melody is likely to be quiet as you're working up the technique.

I love mine.
nTraRmz.jpg

nice but can you bend it like bender ?

nice but can you bend it like bender ?
I usually play with the whammy bar in, but try not to overuse it.
Still, the tuning is really stable: I can bend as much as I want and not have to adjust much.
Thanks for asking, meatbag!

I picked up a used 5150 a few weeks back. Been playing around with D tuning lately, and I'm having a tough time getting used to the looseness of the strings. I currently use .11's, but I think I'm going to give these a shot and see if they help.:

585437000000000-00-500x500.jpg

I have a B.C. Rich "Virgin" but mine's covered in stickers
BC%20VIRGIN%20VG%201.jpg

I wouldn't recommend one. I've had a lot or problems with it. Prior to buying it I had a beginners Epiphone which was half the price, and honestly it was better built, and sounded just as good if not better.

I have a B.C. Rich "Virgin" but mine's covered in stickers
BC%20VIRGIN%20VG%201.jpg

I wouldn't recommend one. I've had a lot or problems with it. Prior to buying it I had a beginners Epiphone which was half the price, and honestly it was better built, and sounded just as good if not better.
What prob? Cool looking ax. And love your name.

What prob? Cool looking ax. And love your name.

The nut wasn't glued down properly and keeps shifting upwards so the top string is almost off the neck of the guitar. I've re-glued it myself and clamped it in place but it keeps slowly shifting upwards.

The screws that hold that pick-ups in place came loose and fell out also.

Thanks, that's what I was going to call my one-man band.

I want to be a guitar player so bad, I even bought a cheap guitar ... but I suck and can never learn the thing, or I'm not dedicated enough or have no rythim ... I just wish I could be one of those guys who just picks up random guitars and entertains people. I have no musical skill at all. I can't even fucking whistle.

Back