Who won the wrestling match between Cruz and Tj Dillashaw ?

Just took this from another thread i posted in 5 minutes ago about condit:

I scored the diaz fight for diaz

I scored the robbie fight for condit

and for similar reasons.....

Also the same reason i scored tj/dc for tj.....

same reason i score bisping/silva for Bisping.....

If you dont want to fight, dont enter the cage.....but dont get in there and run away most of the time.....

wow a related soul :)

That is precisely how I score. More focus on offensive output, will to engage and finish the fight.

It's easier to take someone down when they're moving forward and trying to finish the fight. Dom fans actually think he won this exchange by getting kicked in the head and then punched twice on the way up because he got a "takedown."

I hate to say it guys but I wanted to be right so I dug up the judging criteria. These rules are set by the council so argue with them. These are the only rules that apply to this argument, notice that a reversal is equal to a clean takedown not an escape. Where it gets blurry is Cruz could not hold him down and control him

I. Effective Grappling
1. The Judge shall recognize the value of both the clean takedown and active guard position.
2. The Judge shall recognize that a fighter who is able to cleanly takedown his opponent, is effectively
grappling.

7. A clean reversal is equal to a clean takedown in effective grappling

J. Octagon Control
1. The fighter who is dictating the pace, place and position of the fight.
2. A striker who fends off a grappler's takedown attempt to remain standing and effectively strike is
octagon control.
3. A grappler who can takedown an effective standing striker to ground fight is octagon control.

I think most important was who was winning the fight but that is just my opinion

are you sure? i'm not sure if i agree with that
Tell that to Fedor.

hqdefault.jpg

but really it depends on the fighter, so I won't contest your opinion. My point was simply that TJ scrambling back to his feet within seconds is just as impressive as Cruz taking him down. Even more so imo.

Last edited:
If you go by the fight stats the fight was a draw without the take downs

Just bump this thread in another year when everyone goes back to hating Cruz. I'll probably be defending him then like I used to.

Yes.

Is there a point to this? Do you agree or disagree with what I said? What is your opinion about this topic? Gimme something to work with.
no, no you don't.

no one with any martial arts training - be it striking or grappling, will ever talk the way you do with regards to the ability that someone like Cruz possesses. The way Cruz moves, the angles that he attacks from, the timing of his counters, his ability to seamlessly mix striking and grappling into a single combo.

Cruz is a surgeon inside the cage. Everything is precise to the inch. You dont make a world champion miss like an amateur, but Cruz does it to his opponents time and time again.

You dude, not only do you lack training and the tacit knowledge that comes with it, but you're soundly bitter. You keep saying "point fighter" like it is something embarrassing? You think Conor catching Aldo with a flash ko is more impressive that Cruz making TJ miss for 5 rounds? each to his own I guess.

But one thing is for sure, you do not train. And not only that, you dont appreciate the 'art' part of mixed martial arts.

BitterWetGreatdane.gif

To someone like you, that's not highlight worthy. To someone like me- Holy fucking shit, he dodges the left and as he dodges the right he's already return-firing mid-step. TJ is really fast, he's truly elite. Cruz however, is an actual "once ever".

no, no you don't.

no one with any martial arts training - be it striking or grappling, will ever talk the way you do with regards to the ability that someone like Cruz possesses. The way Cruz moves, the angles that he attacks from, the timing of his counters, his ability to seamlessly mix striking and grappling into a single combo.

Cruz is a surgeon inside the cage. Everything is precise to the inch. You dont make a world champion miss like an amateur, but Cruz does it to his opponents time and time again.

You dude, not only do you lack training and the tacit knowledge that comes with it, but you're soundly bitter. You keep saying "point fighter" like it is something embarrassing? You think Conor catching Aldo with a flash ko is more impressive that Cruz making TJ miss for 5 rounds? each to his own I guess.

But one thing is for sure, you do not train. And not only that, you dont appreciate the 'art' part of mixed martial arts.

BitterWetGreatdane.gif

To someone like you, that's not highlight worthy. To someone like me- Holy fucking shit, he dodges the left and as he dodges the right he's already return-firing mid-step. TJ is really fast, he's truly elite. Cruz however, is an actual "once ever".
b0eXj.gif

I love these two:

tumblr_o15oreAtNc1u2ragso2_250.gif

tumblr_o15oreAtNc1u2ragso4_250.gif

Among others.

no, no you don't.

BitterWetGreatdane.gif

This might be relevant to someone who isn't a Mighty Mouse fan.

Oh and I was a Cruz fan long before you joined this forum. Even had him as my av at one point.

Nice try.

5cf7nnsg.jpg

Last edited:
I love these two:

tumblr_o15oreAtNc1u2ragso2_250.gif

This particular counter is one of the most beautiful things I've seen in MMA. TJ can't even react to it. He gets hit and THEN throws up his guard like "wtf just happened". Here's a world champion who trains daily with other elites, but there's just no preparing for Dominick Cruz is there.

Really hope these 2 do it once more. What a great fight it was.

This particular counter is one of the most beautiful things I've seen in MMA. TJ can't even react to it. He gets hit and THEN throws up his guard like "wtf just happened". Here's a world champion who trains daily with other elites, but there's just no preparing for Dominick Cruz is there.

Really hope these 2 do it once more. What a great fight it was.
Totally agree. I think they probably will. I don't think it will be for awhile though depending on how other fights go.

No reason to be bitter...

0-33125

If you are Cruz, there is always reason to be bitter. Dude acts like the world owes him something just because he keeps fucking up his knee and his gold-digger of a girlfriends left him

If you are Cruz, there is always reason to be bitter. Dude acts like the world owes him something just because he keeps fucking up his knee and his gold-digger of a girlfriends left him
divergent-bad-movie-reviews-4.gif

Umm you sound like the bitter one pal lol.

Umm you sound like the bitter one pal lol.

I'm not bitter, I couldnt give two shits about TJ or Cruz to be honest.. or that entire division in general. But Cruz does act like a brat sometimes. Bragging about how much better he is even though he won a close split decision by 1 point.

I'm not bitter, I couldnt give two shits about TJ or Cruz to be honest.. or that entire division in general. But Cruz does act like a brat sometimes. Bragging about how much better he is even though he won a close split decision by 1 point.
For a guy you don't give a shit about you sure seem to know alot about his personal life lol.

If it was a pure wrestling match, NCAA rules, and one guy got 4 takedowns to the other guy's 1 takedown and 1:19 riding time, who wins?

Then consider that this WASN'T a pure wrestling match.

Dom wins. How is this even an argument?

Back