Channel 4 Poll: Half of UK Muslims Want Homosexuality Banned.

Where are the folks from this thread (http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/mississippi-passed-anti-gay-legislation.3216311/) to show their outrage against legitimate far more serious hate I wonder. One thread where some businesses in one state in the US if they so choose don't have to provide a service to homosexuals (and stupidly harm their own business in doing so imo), based on their religious beliefs - Christian, Muslim, whatever...

This thread on the other hand, shows a specific religion of an entire country has such an objection towards homosexuality that they want it illegal and people are in here downplaying it. The hypocrisy of this place is something to behold.

A good piece here from Douglas Murray in response to this.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/0...vering-the-pitfalls-of-the-term-islamophobia/

I've said many times that I would not ban homosexuality. You can't legislate what people do in the bedroom.
What I have said is this:
I've been against the govt creating gay marriage because it's an endorsement and it promotes a lifestyle that is sinful and unhealthy mentally and physically.

The issue is that there is no such thing as a sin. And people are free to have unhealthy mentally and physically marriages as much as they like. I really cant see any reasonable argument against gay marriage that cant also apply to straight marriages. It always comes down to religious preference and that should be separated from the state.

It's not a panic, but when you have a religion as insane and dangerous as Islam currently is then you need to pay attention to these things and condemn them. Something which liberals won't do.

Islam is like the borg from star trek. Assimilate or be destroyed.

I've said many times that I would not ban homosexuality. You can't legislate what people do in the bedroom.
What I have said is this:
I've been against the govt creating gay marriage because it's an endorsement and it promotes a lifestyle that is sinful and unhealthy mentally and physically.

In all fairness to you Rip, you have. I guess all that you can do is reaffirm your position again and again. I am convinced that some folks in here will always just see what they want to see and try to lump an entire group of people under some bs label of homophobe/bigot/racist/sexist/whatever. It is unfortunate, because it truly stifles discussion of very serious topics like the one in this thread.

Disgusting, but not surprising.

But, I'm sure folks like colby, rip and others would agree.
Islam and Muslim society are very rightwing and have a lot in common with the social conservatives and tribal/supremacist minded folks but liberals support Muslims and Islam...

Where are the folks from this thread (http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/mississippi-passed-anti-gay-legislation.3216311/) to show their outrage against legitimate far more serious hate I wonder. One thread where some businesses in one state in the US if they so choose don't have to provide a service to homosexuals (and stupidly harm their own business in doing so imo), based on their religious beliefs - Christian, Muslim, whatever...

This thread on the other hand, shows a specific religion of an entire country has such an objection towards homosexuality that they want it illegal and people are in here downplaying it. The hypocrisy of this place is something to behold.

A good piece here from Douglas Murray in response to this.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/0...vering-the-pitfalls-of-the-term-islamophobia/
You've been on fire lately. Keep up the good work.

Probably a very low percentage actually.

I see straight people on social media constantly sharing things about gay people being mistreated etc, yet when this kind of thing comes up those very same people are completely silent.
I just shared this link on my Facebook page and said pretty much that, calling people hypocrites and saying "you know who you are".
I guarantee they will remain silent!
Lumping Islam in with minorities who have actually been oppressed defies logic. No wonder people can't think their way out of this conundrum.

"Who do I stick up for? The oppressed, or the oppressor?" This must really get some SJWs confused.

My stance is that I wouldn't leet more Muslim immigrants cross the border. I could probably get a fair number of gay people in the UK to agree with me.
Well, Rip, I don't believe all Muslums are created equal, but I understand your point.

And sorry, but I just got this mental image of " ripskater, pro gay rights crusader" in my head from your last sentence. I know you don't mean gay folks any harm, but found it humorous nonetheless. Lesser of two evils kind of thing I huess.

I'm also baffled how anyone can compare Christianity to Islam. Simple minded thinking imo.

Oh and this poll is part of a Channel 4 documentary on Wednesday night called "What British Muslims Really Think".

Oh and this poll is part of a Channel 4 documentary on Wednesday night called "What British Muslims Really Think".
Any way to stream or DL that you know of? Sounds interesting.

How long before it's pulled off the air for being racist?

lol...How dare someone hold christianity to a standard? Like systematically molesting children. They can't even NOT do that yet so many people still follow like sheep. It is for the weak minded,

Catholics and Christians aren't the same, you think you would be smart enough to know that

Homosexuality was illegal in England up until 1967. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_Offences_Act_1967

Alan Turing who helped crack the German enigma code and saved millions of lives was charged with the crime of being a homosexual. He was given the option of going to prison or taking estrogen injections (chemical castration). He chose the estrogen injections and eventually committed suicide because of it.

MTE5NDg0MDU1MTUzMTE2Njg3.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm actually not surprised or shocked that half of muslims believe homosexuality should be a criminal offence. Many muslims have a heritage that come from Islamic countries where Apostasy is met with death. Forget homosexuality being a crime, you can be put to death for leaving the muslims faith. I'm actually a little surprised that so many (50%) believe it shouldn't be a crime. Hopefully the number of muslims who believe homosexuality shouldn't be banned will grow.

How many Christians believe that homosexuality is a sin? How many believe gays will burn in hell for eternity? How many think homosexuality should be banned?

In a poll of Americans 33% believe homosexuality shouldn't be accepted. In Russia the number was 77%.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/poll...xuality-a-sin-but-60-are-okay-with-it-anyway/

The point i'm making is while it's wrong that 50% of muslims think homosexuality should be banned, the difference between how they think and a lot of other people, such as religious people in America and Russia is marginally different.

Last edited:
How long before it's pulled off the air for being racist?

Well Channel 4 are known for airing quite controversial programmes.
They aired the Brass Eye paedophile spoof documentary many years ago.

Just over half of Muslims in Britain think homosexuality should be illegal, a survey has revealed.

A poll carried out by ICM found that 52% of those quizzed disagreed that homosexuality should be legal in Britain, and 47% said it was unacceptable for a gay or lesbian person to teach in school.

It found only 34% would tell the police if they thought someone they knew was getting involved with supporters of terrorism in Syria and 4% said they sympathise with people who take part in suicide bombing to fight injustice.

http://news.sky.com/story/1676189/poll-half-of-muslims-want-homosexuality-banned

Can you imagine the social media reaction if Donald Trump said he thought homosexuality should be made illegal?
Or the reaction if this poll was carried out with the same results on Scientologists or Christians?

Complete silence from the liberals.
Truly bizarre and incredibly hypocritical.
What kind of horrible comparison is this?? A bunch of random Muslim people in the UK vs. a U.S. presidential candidate. WTF?

Back