Overwatch Official Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely see what you're saying but the game is purposely built around face paced frantic gameplay and so the heroes reflect that.

Which i have zero complaints about. An those who are playing it i hope they enjoy it for years to come.

I dunno why you're trying so hard to criticize a game.

Im not criticizing the game. Pointing out the core game mechanics dont support competitive play to those who are acting ignorant on the matter.

Im not criticizing the game. Pointing out the core game mechanics dont support competitive play to those who are acting ignorant on the matter.

But your criticism makes no sense, which is probably why you avoided everything I said besides a single sentence.

Last edited:
But you're criticism makes no sense, which is probably why you avoided everything I said besides a single sentence.

For i didnt want to be rude. Since your comparison to RTS based zoom in/out features shows a lack of understanding.

For i didnt want to be rude. Since your comparison to RTS based zoom in/out features shows a lack of understanding.

Now you're up to two sentences. A couple more posts and you might actually reply to my point.

Last edited:
I played for 12 straight hours today......I think I need an intervention.

Starting to not suck so bad. I was wrecking shit with Reaper for a good portion of it. Pharrah is a amazingly fun but god damn I suck at shooting shit with her rocket launcher.

if you guys already knew, awesome, if not a helpful tip

Winston is a big counter to Reinhardt. Weapon goes through his shield

Also if they have a symmetra, take winston, easy kills on her sentries

Agreed. Winston is a great counter for the sentries. I don't find much use for him beyond that unless I have a dedicated Mercy to keep Winston up.

Last edited:
I play this game...and I find it anti climatic. So I go back to tf2.

With tf2, theirs dominations, revenges...crits, ubers. Matches last longer and not everything is glowing neon.

I think over watch was a well made game. Plus it's shiny and new. I just don't find it paticularly rewarding. Even when I went on a 15 player kill streak using pharrah...just doesn't feel the same. And nobody talked except me.

I had great come back win tonight. We got steamrolled pretty hard from the beginning on but we held out on capture b for 6+ minutes. Had my highest healing yet as Mercy with 9800. It's nice my mmr being decent pairs me with fairly competent people most of the time. I would also like to add the end of games when it's close is so frantic and I don't think I've had this much fun playing a game in a long while.

Their input lag is retarded. Doing 120 fps, med qual on my stationary. No lag.
Lowest everything, fucking 1200x whatever, and the input lag destroys it for my gaminglaptop. And no its not the laptop display, the programmers of overwatch are actually just retarded

Seems like we have sent invites back and forth over a few games for awhile, glad we basically steamrolled once we got into the same lobby.
That time where were playing against pros or some shit, getting our asses kicked for a couple games, prepared us for all that steamrolling we were doing.

Like I said, getting your ass kicked builds character.

Was in a game and the Winston on my team popped his ultimate and rage bitchslapped at least 4 members of the opposing team out of bounds.

It was amazing. PotG too, so everybody saw it.

That time where were playing against pros or some shit, getting our asses kicked for a couple games, prepared us for all that steamrolling we were doing.

Like I said, getting your ass kicked builds character.
Our teammates got salty so fast. I liked the super try hard opponents like that.
You and I were the only ones ok with that beating.

Which i have zero complaints about. An those who are playing it i hope they enjoy it for years to come.

If you're using your abilities on CD then you're not playing the game right, every ult in the game can be a game changer if used correctly. The game isn't entirely balanced around 1 class counters another who counters another. Different characters are better at certain maps/objectives, and some perform better at specific of a map/objective. The better players will play 2-4 different characters through the span of a game because sitting on a single character throughout can and will (at some point) cost you a match.

Was in a game and the Winston on my team popped his ultimate and rage bitchslapped at least 4 members of the opposing team out of bounds.

It was amazing. PotG too, so everybody saw it.

His ultimate is amazing. In general he's just a really great character and pretty simple to use. I've used my ult to stall Overtime and survive/create enough chaos for my teammates to approach the objective. Also have used it to bitch slap people off the objective and to contest it for long enough for teammates to come. I don't get too many kills with it but it's awesome for clearing the enemy out and stalling

Just steamrolled a match where I had an under two minute match on volkstag (sp?) Industries.

Still as fun as retaking a point from zero to 100 after the enemy held it to 99.

Now you're up to two sentences. A couple more posts and you might actually reply to my point.

Youre presenting skill of class abilities usage. When im bring up over saturation of it from low CD game mechanics design with casual play in mind, not competitive play. When every notable game that has high viewers/active player base with character specific abilities trigger a CD on usage with a resource drain. For the skill usage triggering a CD in itself doesnt present adequate negatives.

Couple this with infinite ammo and Ultimate percentage or full gain carrying over upon death. The skill ceiling just wasnt lowered, it barely exists.

ppl ITT talking about esports where were u fucks in the league thread?

Overwatch is the future of gaming deal with it

Youre presenting skill of class abilities usage. When im bring up over saturation of it from low CD game mechanics design with casual play in mind, not competitive play. When every notable game that has high viewers/active player base with character specific abilities trigger a CD on usage with a resource drain. For the skill usage triggering a CD in itself doesnt present adequate negatives.

Couple this with infinite ammo and Ultimate percentage or full gain carrying over upon death. The skill ceiling just wasnt lowered, it barely exists.
I'm not buying the oversaturation argument. LOL has characters with spammable low CD abilities.

You are getting your terms mixed up. It's not the skill ceiling that was lowered, it's the skill floor. The barrier of entry. The porch steps leading to the bare minimum skill level needed to be adequate at the game is almost gone.

And that's a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back