Merge: The Trump War Train/Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the article is not new. The Donald Trump Foundation has been attacked a billion times before, and this article adds nothing.
Secondly, I've read the article.
Thirdly, you aren't doing anything to argue against me. Just more fallacies.
  • First, the article adds extensive new research into the history of claims Trump has made about giving to charity with scrutiny into his finances.
  • Second, you made up your mind about the information before you had fully explored it, and before you comprehended it. That was made clear above.
  • Third, your argument holds no water. It's pure speculation and apologism without any evidence to support it.
Where is your proof that Trump paid out these sums? "Burden of proof" is on you guys. Thanks for that meatball, btw, TSO.

• First, the article adds extensive new research into the history of claims Trump has made about giving to charity with scrutiny into his finances.
  • Second, you made up your mind about the information before you had fully explored it, and before you comprehended it. That was made clear above.
  • Third, your argument holds no water. It's pure speculation and apologism without any evidence to support it.
Where is your proof that Trump paid out these sums? "Burden of proof" is on you guys. Thanks for that meatball, btw, TSO.

First, I don't see any new research at all. I can lay that article side by side with ones written in 2012, and they read identically.
Second, what in heaven's name are you on about? I read the article, asked a clarification question, and then said what I thought about it.
Third, this whole thing is speculation. Thats the point. I demand some standard evidence before I go biting into the latest Washington Post hit piece.

I don't have any proof Trump paid out the sums. But I know that I don't see the charities themselves complaining. All I see is people on the sidelines without inside financial access to either Trump or the Charities make baseless accusations.

How about when he said he knew more about army life than most soldiers because he went to military school?
Let's see the quote, never heard that one. And once again, if someone says they went to military school and actually did, I don't fault them for that. It's lying about military experience to get credit one didn't earn that's the problem. You may want to look up some examples.

What you've done is post a confirming story backing up the reporting in the other.
You got tricked into that G
They cite the same sources. Nothing is confirmed. It only shows two tabloids printed the same trash.

That article didn't cover the 2009-2016 (pre-May) period at all for him personally, and it only went through 2012 with regard to his foundation as a whole, but it is an excellent supplement to the Post article with additional details about dealings with the WWE (and various other sports organizations) from 2006-2009. Indeed, thank you. It also didn't elaborate on the period from 1987-1990 at all, either, where the Post detailed the fact that he was giving more to his daughter's ballet school than AIDS charities while boasting about his magnanimity towards the latter.
They cite the same sources. Nothing is confirmed. It only shows two tabloids printed the same trash.
The Smoking Gun is not a "tabloid", and "tabloid" doesn't describe negative or irresponsible journalism-- merely a physical format.

Oh, also, lest we lose sight of the central contention: you haven't proven that any of this is slander. You've only strengthened the virtue of the counter-claims.

Last edited:
That article didn't cover the 2009-2016 (pre-May) period at all for him personally, and it only went through 2012 with regard to his foundation as a whole, but it is an excellent supplement to the Post article with additional details about dealings with the WWE (and various other sports organizations) from 2006-2009. Indeed, thank you. It also didn't elaborate on the period from 1987-1990 at all, either, where the Post detailed the fact that he was giving more to his daughter's ballet school than AIDS charities while boasting about his magnanimity towards the latter.

The Smoking Gun is not a "tabloid", and "tabloid" doesn't describe negative or irresponsible journalism-- merely a physical format.

Oh, also, lest we lose sight of the central contention: you haven't proven that any of this is slander. You've only strengthened the virtue of the counter-claims.

That because unlike you, I don't have a bias here. I'm only interested in whats true, and that means laying everything we know out in the open.

I'm not saying this is slander. I'm not saying it is wrong. I'm not saying Trump is charitible.

I'm saying that I find the evidence presented to be lacking. They've presented only a miniscule portion of Trump's financial portfolio, and used it say Trump lies about many donations, and goes back on promises. However, without complete access to all of his tax information, there is very little for the claim to stand on. The next best thing would be to find organizations who were promised money from him, and have them verify that they never received the money. However, to the best of my knowledge, none of them have publicly said that Trump did not in fact pay them. I'm sorry mick, I thought it over, and the evidence just isn't there. If more evidence comes up, I'll come back and reconsider.

You kinda have to hand it to republican media. they have painted Hillary as the devil, so no matter what donald does. He isnt worse than the devil

He definitely seem to have reneged over the past few years...but then again, i bet if we added up all the donations of everyone who will post in this thread - it would not come anywhere close to 3 million dollars.

...and even if he fabricated promises, charities over the past 20 years did get 3 million they wouldnt have without him.

That because unlike you, I don't have a bias here.
Yet you made up your mind before you'd fully read or understood the article.
I'm only interested in whats true, and that means laying everything we know out in the open.

I'm not saying this is slander. I'm not saying it is wrong. I'm not saying Trump is charitible.

I'm saying that I find the evidence presented to be lacking. They've presented only a miniscule portion of Trump's financial portfolio, and used it say Trump lies about many donations, and goes back on promises. However, without complete access to all of his tax information, there is very little for the claim to stand on. The next best thing would be to find organizations who were promised money from him, and have them verify that they never received the money. However, to the best of my knowledge, none of them have publicly said that Trump did not in fact pay them. I'm sorry mick, I thought it over, and the evidence just isn't there. If more evidence comes up, I'll come back and reconsider.
You say that you are "only interested in what's true", but then you immediately pivot to presuming that it's true that he paid these charities what he publicly declared when you have NO EVIDENCE to substantiate that presumption, and AMPLE EVIDENCE contradicting it.

You maintain this despite the precedent we already got with the recent Veteran's fiasco where he boycotted the debate and promised to raise all this money with that simultaneous fundraiser, but as the Wall Street Journal documented, he hadn't fulfilled his donation installment obligations and all of his donations had slowed to a trickle (or stopped altogether) before investigative pieces by our most esteemed newspapers like the WSJ, NYT, and Washington Post demonstrated that he clearly wasn't:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/veterans-charities-await-funds-raised-by-donald-trump-1460069309

Numerous charities confirmed that they had stopped receiving money or were getting tiny increments that were a fraction of what is promised. Charities make a habit of not openly complaining because it's a surefire way to turn off people from donating to you. They are thankful for every dime. That doesn't excuse Trump from being a piece of shit liar falsely posturing as a philanthropist.

You're the only one who has demonstrated a bias to this information.

You kinda have to hand it to republican media. they have painted Hillary as the devil, so no matter what donald does. He isnt worse than the devil

I'm not sure where you get this impression. Fox news is pretty merciless when attacking Trump and they are the most watched conservative media source. The only shows that could be perceived as pro-Trump are Oreilly and Hannity maybe Greta. Every other show is pretty much wall to wall "Trump's fucked up." The Sunday show with Wallace consistently has panelists that hate Trump like George Will and Wapo Woodward and Bret Baier's show has Krauthammer and Hayes who also hate Trump. Throughout the day it is basically a revolving door of National Review contributers commenting on how bad Trump is.

I'm not saying that there aren't people that like Trump I'm just saying that Republican media is a very small footrprint compared to liberal media and aside from Brietbart there are very few that are regular defenders. As for Hillary she is a wolf in sheeps clothing that despite her rhetoric is a hateful angry bitch and when she is elected will be a one term president.

Full disclosure I don't like Trump as he stands for torture, surveillance, "shutting down the internet."(whatever the fuck that means) and a whole host of contradictions. I still think he is just a ny york liberal who ends up saying dumb shit so he can get an applause at a rally. I was a Ron Paul supporter so to believe in what Paul stood for and then to support Trump makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back