Pokemon GO

Status
Not open for further replies.
i havent had that much trouble catching pokemon after the update but im also still a fairly low level. i have noticed on a few occasions a pokemon will escape like 3 catches and then flee. im going to guess they coded something such that some small percentage of pokemon you roll up on will just be either completely uncatchable or very difficult to catch

I visit Pokestops very very often, I'm level 24 and have like 30 of them, which is not so much, considering the fact that they are not 100% and you still can miss the throw.
I looked on a pokestop map and found out 2 miles the opposite direction I go has a stretch of about 15 pokestops on the road with a bunch of red lights in between. Plus the speed limit is only 25. And there is a brewery I like right by them that looks like it has one maybe 2 pokestops in range. Time to become an alcoholic.

i havent had that much trouble catching pokemon after the update but im also still a fairly low level. i have noticed on a few occasions a pokemon will escape like 3 catches and then flee. im going to guess they coded something such that some small percentage of pokemon you roll up on will just be either completely uncatchable or very difficult to catch
Yeah. The higher level you get the higher level the Pokemon can be and the more likely they are to escape. It's annoying how little control I feel over whether it escapes or not. Yesterday I found a Pikachu and thru it a berry, hit it with a ultra ball, got a nice on the throw, and the fucker pops out of the ball and runs away. I felt like I was Dan Hardy with GSP on top of me. Totally helpless.

Lost my Pokemon Go data today because of that stupid update.
Tried several sites that explained how you get it back but it's not working.
I kinda forgot my gmail account or something, I never use that crap...

Been trying for 2 hours to get my stuff back, but atlas I am back at level 1 now.
I was level 12 and had 36 caught in pokedex, been playing since 24-07 so almost 10 days of gaming for nothing...

After visting the biggest towns (and their pubs ;) ) around
I am back now at level 9!!!

One thing I found is that you NEED to go to a town, smaller villages have usually 3 pokestops that's not gonna do it.
I am just back from Brugge (BRUGES for English speaking people), there is hot spot there Brugge Burg, I and a friend sat there and eat a sandwich while playing Pokemon non-stop... lol
The entire trip found this (2hours playing :D )

Dratini
Scyther
Drowzee
Caterpie
Fearrow
Gastly
Jigglypuff
Polliwag
Goldeen
Tentacool
Magmemite
Venomat
Pidgeotto
Spearrow x 5
Rattata x 17
Psyduck x 2
Magikarp x 5
Pidgey x 17
Weedle x 7

I feel so bad for people who arent close to a major city/town. Been walking my guy around Central Park in New York and there are so many pokemon, pokestops, gyms and lures that it makes my game crash.

There is a spot in Philly that stays lured almost 24/7 where you can catch enough Magikarp in about an hour to make a Gyrados or whatever. The way this game populates pokemon, communicates with their userbase, takes functions away, makes stuff harder to catch and runaway, I see them shooting themselves in the foot big time.

Game was a huge phenomenon, still pretty popular, but they are losing their playerbase slowly but surely, all by themselves.....

I'm done until they put some sort of tracking system.
I downloaded ingress,it's the platform that niantic labs used to buil Pokemon, it is identical and has star dust clusters that signify poke spawn areas,run both apps in tandem and better your odds.

Also the niantic poke go radar helps for xp grinding.

I feel so bad for people who arent close to a major city/town. Been walking my guy around Central Park in New York and there are so many pokemon, pokestops, gyms and lures that it makes my game crash.

There is a spot in Philly that stays lured almost 24/7 where you can catch enough Magikarp in about an hour to make a Gyrados or whatever. The way this game populates pokemon, communicates with their userbase, takes functions away, makes stuff harder to catch and runaway, I see them shooting themselves in the foot big time.
You need to go to a town where there is something. I life in West Flanders
Bruges-Ypres-Roeselare-Kortrijk are the main cities in my region of 40 km, with Roeselare the closest.
In Roeselare you have 3 streets if you walk through them you pass around 14 pokestops!!!
At one point there always kids gathered and lures. So if I pass there 14 times 3 pokeballs average and then go back you get at least 50-60 pokeballs and a few rats & pidgeys.
In the small villages you just don't have that.
In Bruges the amount of pokemon and pokestops is rediculous, it's catching one after another non-stop while clicking on pokestops if you pass by. LOL.
Bruges Burg is the hot-spot though 5 lures constantly, It was even in the newspaper that the place was crowded with pokemon hunters LOL. This is hotspot btw =>
media_xll_8878990.jpg

Bruges-Ypres-Roeselare-Kortrijk are the main cities in my region of 40 km, with Roeselare the closest.
In Roeselare you have 3 streets if you walk through them you pass around 14 pokestops!!!
At one point there always kids gathered and lures. So if I pass there 14 times 3 pokeballs average and then go back you get at least 50-60 pokeballs and a few rats & pidgeys.
In Bruges the amount of pokemon and pokestops is rediculous, it's catching one after another non-stop while clicking on pokestops if you pass by. LOL.
Bruges Burg is the hot-spot though 5 lures constantly, It was even in the newspaper that the place was crowded with pokemon hunters LOL. This is hotspot btw =>
media_xll_8878990.jpg

Very nice. I know where I need to go, but I live 25-30 miles from the closest city, and between my house and the city there is absolutely nothing.

I am not dragging my kid and pregnant wife out to walk around a city thats 30-45 minutes away when its 90 some degrees out, unfortunately :(

Thats just my scenario. I know alot more people are alot worse off. Like I have said before, amazing game if you live in a populated city. Shit game if you live in the sticks.

I still play though, and I still enjoy it, but I do it my way.

@SheetsMMAfan :
There is definitaly a big difference between players in the very big cities and people who life in smaller villages.
But there is also quite an adventure to just go out and find those pokemon, if they would just be on your doorstep it would be boring very quickly.
In anyway I think the moment you have them all the game will probably lose it charm imo.

Very nice. I know where I need to go, but I live 25-30 miles from the closest city, and between my house and the city there is absolutely nothing.

I am not dragging my kid and pregnant wife out to walk around a city thats 30-45 minutes away when its 90 some degrees out, unfortunately :(

Thats just my scenario. I know alot more people are alot worse off. Like I have said before, amazing game if you live in a populated city. Shit game if you live in the sticks.

I still play though, and I still enjoy it, but I do it my way.
Of course, it's still a game in the end and should be fun, nothing more.

Meh, I get by just fine not playing in major cities or towns.

Game was a huge phenomenon, still pretty popular, but they are losing their playerbase slowly but surely, all by themselves.....
That's how most of these shitty mobile games (or "fad games," as I call them) seem to work. They almost always rely on a huge wave of popularity that lasts for ~1-3 months, then peter out as soon as people realize just how shallow and downright bad they are compared to real games.

media_xll_8878990.jpg

Love the buildings, place looks amazing.

Hatched my 2nd 10km egg today and got an Aerodactyl (sp?), good with that.

Game has been running a lot smoother lately. Pokemon are a lot more likely to burn out, but I haven't had anywhere near the issue I used to with throwing boomerangs all over the place.

I love that there is a pokestop in my room hehe. By the way is there a way to earn gold without forkng over real money?

I love that there is a pokestop in my room hehe. By the way is there a way to earn gold without forkng over real money?

I believe if you have a pokemon at a gym and defend it for a day you get coins. Good luck lol.

Caught a 955 charazard w/ 15-13-14 was sooo hype!!

The damage:

23 ultra balls
32 reg balls
4 smart balls
18 raspberry

Took 24 minutes..had a flash mob going when I yelled it out, of 50 or so people there only 5-6 of us caught it,a lot of people bummed out but I had a crowd surrounding me watching cuz it was a pretty intense battle..crowd went nuts when I finally caught him lol..pretty fun experience !!

I also learne something very valuable in case no one has mentioned thi:

Do ten consecutive pokestops within 30min. And on tenth stop you get a shitload of goodies aswell as a 10k egg..the 10k egg was the variable as it came to me 50 percent of the time(I did it four times and got two 10k eggs.

You can redo this method after 10 minutes in between and it really pays off.

I believe if you have a pokemon at a gym and defend it for a day you get coins. Good luck lol.

Thats what I thought at first too. You dont need to defend it. One second in the gym is enough. Just need to get your coins before your pokemon is kicked out of the arena again. Then you have to wait 21 hours until you can do it again.

Thats what I thought at first too. You dont need to defend it. One second in the gym is enough. Just need to get your coins before your pokemon is kicked out of the arena again. Then you have to wait 21 hours until you can do it again.

Wow I put a pokemon in a gym but didnt know that you can get coins immediately. Where do you go to get them for future reference?

Do ten consecutive pokestops within 30min. And on tenth stop you get a shitload of goodies aswell as a 10k egg..the 10k egg was the variable as it came to me 50 percent of the time(I did it four times and got two 10k eggs.

You can redo this method after 10 minutes in between and it really pays off.

First time i heard of this and i googled it. the sites that i saw talking about this didnt mention that it had to be within 30 minutes. they did say it had to be 10 different stops in a row though. And they didnt mention specifically the 10k egg, just that you get ~6 items. I wonder if both methods work

Wow I put a pokemon in a gym but didnt know that you can get coins immediately. Where do you go to get them for future reference?
you press the button to go to the store and there is a button on the top right. the more pokemon you have in gyms, the more you collect, but unless your pokemon is actually strong enough to defend, youll probably want to collect immediately. you can do it once ever 21 hours i think it is.

First time i heard of this and i googled it. the sites that i saw talking about this didnt mention that it had to be within 30 minutes. they did say it had to be 10 different stops in a row though. And they didnt mention specifically the 10k egg, just that you get ~6 items. I wonder if both methods work

you press the button to go to the store and there is a button on the top right. the more pokemon you have in gyms, the more you collect, but unless your pokemon is actually strong enough to defend, youll probably want to collect immediately. you can do it once ever 21 hours i think it is.
Yeah,I tried 4 times and got 2 10k eggs..I'm going to go back this week and try again so I'll update with some statistics...also worth noting that egg inventory needs to be open,if all 9 eggs are full then when one pops up at 10th spot then it's automatically trashed :( so it's best to incubate as fast as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back