No Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ones that say there's a bonus are impossible to finish, lol. I swear some stuff is just not there. And f those birds on most planets.. can't ever analyze them

you have to shoot them out the sky it's a fucking pain in the ass, you can analyze their corpses. if its a planet with water there will be fish as well.

I've only fully scanned one planet, it's more hassle than its worth but i want to platinum the game so i think you have to do ten or something.

you have to shoot them out the sky it's a fucking pain in the ass, you can analyze their corpses. if its a planet with water there will be fish as well.

I've only fully scanned one planet, it's more hassle than its worth but i want to platinum the game so i think you have to do ten or something.

yea, i've fully scanned like 10, i think.. but some that i have like 5+ pages of scans still say like "70%" -- i'm like "f this" -- we're talking hours on it

i genuinely don't know what i'm supposed to do now, lol. i have the 3 warp drives, did the 10 atlas stones.. gone thru several black holes.. maybe i need to start finding/exploring super harsh planets and i'll find something that'll progress me? cause i genuinely don't know what to do at this point to progress. like eazy and i were talking about, it's gonna be like 100+ warps to get to the center if that's even possible.

i found a planet that will let me farm 600k every 5-6 mins.

It has sac vemom everywhere and I found a termial and marked it by saving .So I just go out fill my suit up with a Sacs that are worth 26k each and then go back to termial and sell them. made 3mil quick before I got off. gonna farm it some more later and then going looking for one of them mother ships.

It has sac vemom everywhere and I found a termial and marked it by saving .So I just go out fill my suit up with a Sacs that are worth 26k each and then go back to termial and sell them. made 3mil quick before I got off. gonna farm it some more later and then going looking for one of them mother ships.

I found a planet like this except it was caves filled with orbs that sold for 30k. Because they were all in caves the sentinels couldnt get in, it was awesome. I only did around 3 runs, netted around 2.5 mil. I want to do more farming on the planet but i didn't rename it or the planet so can't remember where it is.

Been to probably 10 planets now, maybe more. And not a single one of them has a high threat level or huge predators. Just these tiny little fuckers who supposedly weigh 200 pounds, yet can't push me around. Suppose it's the randomness. Wonder if it's because I haven't crafted a Boltcaster yet, that the game recognizes this and there's a difficulty parameter added based on your weapons.

I'm vicariously seeing all what you guys are experiencing. I want this game but I'm just scared of losing running out interest in playing too fast. If people get to the center within one week, and everyone is already unlocking and getting more money than they need and so on, I'm scared I won't have a goal that could keep me busy long enough

Damn, I'm trying not to read anything in this thread that may spoil some surprises. I've only had a chance to play this game for a few hours now. But I love it. It really is a ton of fun. Especially using the pulse engines and the experience of flying into the atmosphere of a new planet. I think this game is awesome.

i hope they add in mods. id love to put the thunder force 4 music in this game lmao.

Been playing this game all weekend, and finally got my 1st warp cell and used it to fly to a nearby star. I've discovered 6 planets now and I find myself wanting to discover more. The only real downside to this game is how hard it is to continually travel between stars. I was hoping it would be more like Star Trek, where you have a bad ass (fully self maintaining) exploring ship and your main purpose is to visit as many of the 18 quintillion planets as you can. Lastly, I was hoping to find random civilizations where you actually discover a group of aliens. Every planet I find is empty though, but super beautiful.

Overall a good game if you like pure exploration and discovery.
7/10 for me.

Damn, I'm reading the Steam reviews for this, and it looks like Ippy is keeping his goddamn money.

Shame, I was excited for this.
Seems alot like Minecraft imo

I'm vicariously seeing all what you guys are experiencing. I want this game but I'm just scared of losing running out interest in playing too fast. If people get to the center within one week, and everyone is already unlocking and getting more money than they need and so on, I'm scared I won't have a goal that could keep me busy long enough

The game is 60 bucks. If you play for 6 hours you'll get your money's worth.

I went to a dine in last week to watch suicide squad. Shit movie, a burger, and 3 beers cost me 60 bucks. Nintendo games cost 50 bucks in the 80s. 60 bucks for a game today is a great price.

Buy the game. It's worth it. If you hate it then you can always sell it on ebay for $40-50.

Absolutely not.

I disagree. It definitely has a minecraft feel to it. They're both survival games, but have mining and crafting, both have generated worlds/planets. Both are heavily based on exploration.

If you like minecraft you will like this game and vice versa. They're different, yes, but I would put them in the same genre.

I found a planet like this except it was caves filled with orbs that sold for 30k. Because they were all in caves the sentinels couldnt get in, it was awesome. I only did around 3 runs, netted around 2.5 mil. I want to do more farming on the planet but i didn't rename it or the planet so can't remember where it is.

Sometime the Sentinels bug out .. invisible.. then alarms... then you get the at-ats coming out... Not a good time

I disagree. It definitely has a minecraft feel to it. They're both survival games, but have mining and crafting, both have generated worlds/planets. Both are heavily based on exploration.

If you like minecraft you will like this game and vice versa. They're different, yes, but I would put them in the same genre.
God no. I love Minecraft and left No Man's Sky just kinda confused.

The crafting is completely different. Minecraft is basically "do whatever you want". No Man's Sky is basically crafting invisible upgrades for ships.

The biggest difference is storage, in Minecraft you have a ridiculous amount of storage as well as the ability to easily and quickly create additional storage (chests).

In No Man's Sky you have a tiny amount of storage that you have to constantly use it (sell, repair or upgrade) or lose it (discard it or walk away and never find it again). Every 5-10 minutes that stupid message telling me I have no room in inventory shows up. Upgrades taking up storage doesn't help.

If No Man's Sky was like Minecraft I could build a small base in a empty area, explore and gather with quick jogs to your base to store the ridiculous amount of shit you find. Instead every 10 minutes I gotta leave said area, find an outpost, fly to the other side of the planet to get to said outpost, fight some asshole pirates, sell shit and then go somewhere else because I'll never find that spacecraft I was trying to repair again.

God no. I love Minecraft and left No Man's Sky just kinda confused.

The crafting is completely different. Minecraft is basically "do whatever you want". No Man's Sky is basically crafting invisible upgrades for ships.

The biggest difference is storage, in Minecraft you have a ridiculous amount of storage as well as the ability to easily and quickly create additional storage (chests).

In No Man's Sky you have a tiny amount of storage that you have to constantly use it (sell, repair or upgrade) or lose it (discard it or walk away and never find it again). Every 5-10 minutes that stupid message telling me I have no room in inventory shows up. Upgrades taking up storage doesn't help.

If No Man's Sky was like Minecraft I could build a small base in a empty area, explore and gather with quick jogs to your base to store the ridiculous amount of shit you find. Instead every 10 minutes I gotta leave said area, find an outpost, fly to the other side of the planet to get to said outpost, fight some asshole pirates, sell shit and then go somewhere else because I'll never find that spacecraft I was trying to repair again.

Yeah, minecraft has a way better and far less frustrating system which makes exploration way more fun. They are still similar games though. I think the developers of NMS will make some much needed changes soon which will make the game more fun.

i genuinely don't know what i'm supposed to do now, lol. i have the 3 warp drives, did the 10 atlas stones.. gone thru several black holes.. maybe i need to start finding/exploring super harsh planets and i'll find something that'll progress me? cause i genuinely don't know what to do at this point to progress. like eazy and i were talking about, it's gonna be like 100+ warps to get to the center if that's even possible.

Did you give up the stones when asked?

I seriously think you're going to have to suck it up and do the 100+ warps. I plan on doing a couple dozen tonight. Ugh.

Sometime the Sentinels bug out .. invisible.. then alarms... then you get the at-ats coming out... Not a good time

Oh this morning I had sentinels chase me off the planet into fucking space. Instead of staying close to the planet I pulse jumped until it wouldn't let me and made me fight 3 sentinel ships. Beat two of them and the third was bugged. There was an icon indicating it was there but it really wasn't.

So since when you're in space combat you're not allowed to pulse jump, I had to ghetto boost with circle for ten minutes back to the nearest planet to reset the space combat.

I will say the game is buggy AF, but I'm sure they'll fix a lot of it.

My brother had one of those, but it was vortex cubes. He stuck with it until he hit 10 million, sent me a screenshot and finally quit.

My brother had one of those, but it was vortex cubes. He stuck with it until he hit 10 million, sent me a screenshot and finally quit.

I finally let the planet after I hit 12mil but now I cant find a ship I want to buy.SMh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back