No Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a little dull.

I've also found a few high paying planets, with aggro drones. Probably the most fun.. running around stealing cubes.. fighting back the sentinels. But it wasn't long before I'm asking myself... why?

What do I need money for other than to buy a ship with more cargo holds... more holds to hold more stuff to sell for more money. I'm zipping through just fine with this 1.2 mil credit ship.. (22 cargo or so). My suit gets a new cargo spot on every space station.. I think it's maxed out now at 34?

But really... more space for more shit.. grind out more shit... sell the shit... Rinse and repeat.

I've finished the Atlas quest, anti climatic to say the least.

I don't mean to slam the game, I just don't get it now... maybe the center of the galaxy things spice up? I can warp until I'm blue in the face with very little effort, just time. Stop every no and then if I need stuff to craft warp goo.. A slow long grind.

I'm now trying to pick fights with pirates, but more than 3 or 4 and I'm in trouble.

First world problems

Or 18,000,000,000,000,000th world problems lol

yeah. Someone said there was a 30mil dollar ship and i was gonna grind but got bored and just warped out at 12mil.

Can you attack the Fleet ship that are always floating in packs of 3 or so

yeah. Someone said there was a 30mil dollar ship and i was gonna grind but got bored and just warped out at 12mil.

You can attack their cargo holds for loot, I've read.

there should be a game like this but smaller in scale and shitload of players killing eachother exploring and taking over shit, dunno like some mix between destiny and eve online or so, :D

there should be a game like this but smaller in scale and shitload of players killing eachother exploring and taking over shit, dunno like some mix between destiny and eve online or so, :D

I would pass. I hate the AI space pirates and could only imagine what assholes people would be in the game. It be worst than the Dark Zone in that dam Ubisoft game I gave up already.

I

Looked in my inventory and when I roll over what clearly says toxin suppressor theta, the bigger window says its tau. Yet I also have tau and the recipes are different. Kinda glaring oversight there.
File Aug 15, 5 10 01 PM.jpg

Last edited:
So after 10 hours I think my basic opinion on the game is this: It's neat.

I don't think it will ever be a game that gives you those giant WOW moments, or a difficult game that you feel like you conquered, but it does manage to scratch a itch. Stacking up a ton of mildly interesting moments with decent basic gameplay.
I cannot guess how many hours I will put into this, but my guess is less than other similar titles, but I still think it is a solid full price buy.

I'd give it a B-

I saw a 25 mil one in a space station, it looked like just a monster cargo ship

I started in a solar system with a handful of planets and decided to just fly away. I've been flying at warp speed for about 50 minutes now. When I slow down I see that there is nothing near me except for the planets which I flew away from. Do I have to turn around and fly back for 50 fucking minutes??

I started in a solar system with a handful of planets and decided to just fly away. I've been flying at warp speed for about 50 minutes now. When I slow down I see that there is nothing near me except for the planets which I flew away from. Do I have to turn around and fly back for 50 fucking minutes??

lol yes

Finally found a Motherload moon. Landed on a desert moon with tons of cactus and Venom Sacs fucking everywhere. One Venom Sac sells for like 23,000 credits and they're in clusters of like 4~5 all over the place.

Was getting ready to turn off the game when I finally found a vendor terminal. Made some room in my inventory and cleared 10 spots. Did 2 runs at 10 each and made close 450,000 credits in a few min. Only thing that was annoying were the sentinals constatnly attacking from clearing the local flora. Need to find a cave system to harvest in peace.

Going to take some time farming this moon and head back to the space station and upgrade my ship a few times. I'm only sitting at a 20 slot ship, so wouldn't mind getting around 30+.

That's just you're pulse drive. Not recommended to try and fly to a different sector until you get the warp drive. Then you just select a new system and launch there.

That's just you're pulse drive. Not recommended to try and fly to a different sector until you get the warp drive. Then you just select a new system and launch there.

Fuck. Do I just reload my last save? Can I somehow fast travel to a planet I've visited before?

You should have 2 saves. Game saves everytime you exit your ship or when you manually use a save spot when on a planet/moon. It should have your last save and the one previous. Not sure what you've since you last entered your ship, but 50 min in one direction is a long ass time and worth loading your last save.

You should have 2 saves. Game saves everytime you exit your ship or when you manually use a save spot when on a planet/moon. It should have your last save and the one previous. Not sure what you've since you last entered your ship, but 50 min in one direction is a long ass time and worth loading your last save.

Yup. I reloaded and now I'm back in business. Trying to build a hyperdrive now.

I'm curious is its possible to fly to another solar system without the hyperdrive. If I just kept flying for days would I eventually get there? I doubt it. The game was probably programmed to only keep you in one solar system at a time. Can you fly into a sun?

omg, lol.. maybe you're closer to another solar system by now!? lmao, i wish there was something i could say, maybe load the prior save if you can? cause it doesn't save unless you hit a save point on the planet and/or exit your stip on a space/atlas/anomoly station

*edit* i see you sorted it out lol

Ok this is one big fucker and his face will give me nightmares lol

File Aug 15, 8 18 57 PM.jpg

24,000 light years to go to the center! Should be a day or two before I make it.

Getting a little dull.

I've also found a few high paying planets, with aggro drones. Probably the most fun.. running around stealing cubes.. fighting back the sentinels. But it wasn't long before I'm asking myself... why?

What do I need money for other than to buy a ship with more cargo holds... more holds to hold more stuff to sell for more money. I'm zipping through just fine with this 1.2 mil credit ship.. (22 cargo or so). My suit gets a new cargo spot on every space station.. I think it's maxed out now at 34?

But really... more space for more shit.. grind out more shit... sell the shit... Rinse and repeat.

I've finished the Atlas quest, anti climatic to say the least.

I don't mean to slam the game, I just don't get it now... maybe the center of the galaxy things spice up? I can warp until I'm blue in the face with very little effort, just time. Stop every no and then if I need stuff to craft warp goo.. A slow long grind.

I'm now trying to pick fights with pirates, but more than 3 or 4 and I'm in trouble.

you are in the exact same game point and headspace as i am right now

i said as much this morning ITT -- i don't even know what i'm supposed to be DOING now? great, atlas is done.. and nothing happened except for inventory space became opened!? now what? every black hole and every warp i do barley budges me towards the center..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back