Duterte Harry, Part 1: The rise of Duterte & the shifting sociopolitical climate in the Philippines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. I saw youths with Nazi type swastika shirts walking around at a mall in Metro Manila in 2005.

When I was in High School my friend don't know who the Jews were he thought Jews are a tribe of sorts.

I can't help but noticed that in the latest speech, mesiah Digong of Davao claims he's bringing "salvation" to the Philippines and "saving the next generation from perdition".

If Singapore has their Ah Gong we have Digong.

But I prefer calling him Dutae or Duterturd.

Jesus, I can't believe this guy has this much support. A few months back I did some work with a petty officer in the PCG. He hated Duterte. What he said about what went on in the Philippine's military was pretty fucked up as well.

I still can't wrap my head around the idea that an electorate would willingly vote for guy who flat out said he was gonna slaughter thousands instead of, you know, actually help people.

Masses of FIlipinos support Duterte because they demand immediate change, and they believe that killing their way to prosperity is a legitimate option at this point. The Philippines had been a basket case since the 70s when Marcos began turning the country into a dictatorial despot, and after 40 years of economic regression, the people think that meaningful change can be achieved within a presidential term (six years). The preceding president, Noynoy Aquino, actually did a commendable job of steering the country in the right direction after four decades of backwardness, achieving the country's first-ever investment grade credit rating and turning business outsourcing as a major industry. But despite the data suggesting the country was finally improving, Filipinos everywhere still believed the president was a failure, and so they voted in a radical autocrat who now risks reversing all the country's recent economic gains. 40 years of poverty and corruption cannot be erased within six years, but don't tell that to Filipinos.

When you have millions of uneducated people who are as clannish, machismo, impatient and idealistic as Filipinos, the group consensus can be a horrible sight to behold.

i have exterminated ants before but Jews? We would lose all of the good hollywood movies and stuff. If Jews did not exist we would have never had Seinfeld. The best tv show ever.

If the people of his country are behind him than great. Keep it up.

There has to be innocent casualties of course but ending the life of every dangerous criminal would be benificial no matter where you live.

Sounds morbid but is the truth. @NSX-R

Masses of FIlipinos support Duterte because they demand immediate change, and they believe that killing their way to prosperity is a legitimate option at this point. The Philippines had been a basket case since the 70s when Marcos began turning the country into a dictatorial despot, and after 40 years of economic regression, the people think that meaningful change can be achieved within a presidential term (six years). The preceding president, Noynoy Aquino, actually did a commendable job of steering the country in the right direction after four decades of backwardness, achieving the country's first-ever investment grade credit rating and turning business outsourcing as a major industry. But despite the data suggesting the country was finally improving, Filipinos everywhere still believed the president was a failure, and so they voted in a radical autocrat who now risks reversing all the country's recent economic gains. 40 years of poverty and corruption cannot be erased within six years, but don't tell that to Filipinos.

When you have millions of uneducated people who are as clannish, machismo, impatient and idealistic as Filipinos, the group consensus can be a horrible sight to behold.

They can stand to get rid of the meth problem though.

Agreed 100% The Filipino masses have lost their minds for electing this communist buffoon.

This is a giant step backwards no matter what the intentions of the voters.

If the people of his country are behind him than great. Keep it up.

There has to be innocent casualties of course but ending the life of every dangerous criminal would be benificial no matter where you live.

Sounds morbid but is the truth. @NSX-R
That doesn't sound morbid,it sounds stupid,very stupid.
I could go on a paragraph about due process,checks and balances,fascism,political retribution and how suspending habius corpus is a convenient way to not only appease short sighted mouth breathers or knock of your political rivals,but I think all that logic would blow your head up.

He's very popular, definitely a different culture and situation. If everything is corrupt and desperate, extreme measures like straight up killing drug dealers might be the only ones that do something. In the west we have a strong, mostly clean government structure so we can expect the system to work as intended without resorting to anything like this.

Apparently South Asia tends not to take Hitler too seriously, even viewing him as a rock star. Saying that he's going to be Philippines' Hitler probably doesn't have the same connotation than here.

He doesn't plan to kill drug dealers only. He will also kill the addicts to save them from themselves.

This. I saw youths with Nazi type swastika shirts walking around at a mall in Metro Manila in 2005.

Another one is seen here where a dark, Indian looking guy is wearing one openly on the street.

What a strange comparison, since Christ isn't exactly known for mowing down suspected-sinners with a machine gun.

They're not adding more chapters to the New Testament to include the mesiah Digong of Davao, are they?

This is what has become of my country people are being executed in the streets and the people applauds it.

Now this man could be a total scumbag but how sure are we he just be a Balut vendor a Jeepney repair man or just a homeless guy.

GwucViApyDDKgJu-800x450-noPad.jpg

Senator Manny Pacqiaou said that the mass killings in the Philippines is God's will as if it is ordained by God.

Source.

14542355_1258907100817880_6977318519305574604_o.jpg

Like a little Pussy, Duterte apologized for his remarks.

Philippines, US hold war games after Duterte threatens to ejects American forces from the Philippines
AFP•October 3, 2016

bd4973a8bad9f0212ef701f9bfe331eca173b88c.jpg.cf.webp

The Philippines and the United States launch war games on Tuesday against the unusual threat of American forces being ejected from the Southeast Asian nation as its firebrand leader pivots to China.

President Rodrigo Duterte has launched a sustained verbal assault on the United States, the Philippines' former colonial ruler and mutual defence partner, since he took office on June 30 in response to criticism of his deadly war on crime.

Duterte has in recent days warned the war games will be the last of his six-year term, and threatened to scrap a defence pact implemented by his predecessor that was meant to see more US troops in the Philippines to counter Chinese expansion in the South China Sea.

"Better think twice now because I will be asking you to leave the Philippines altogether," Duterte said on Sunday as he launched a tirade against the Americans full of typical invective.

"The Americans, I don't like them... they are reprimanding me in public. So I say: 'Screw you, fuck you'," he said, while signalling again that he wanted to forge closer alliances with China and Russia.

Last week Duterte, 71, also claimed the CIA was plotting to assassinate him.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/philippines-us-hold-war-games-duterte-tirades-214446003.html

Last edited:
This Atheist communist President thinks he can trigger the Church Bells as well.

Duterte Threatens Americans

@Arkain2K
‘Cuss words didn't trigger bell tolling'
BY CARLA GOMEZ

The San Sebastian Cathedral bells did not toll in protest against the cuss words being uttered by President Rodrigo Duterte at the Bacolod Public Plaza Sunday, it was to announce the start of the 5:30 p.m. mass, cathedral rector Fr. Felix Pasquin said yesterday.

Duterte, who was delivering a speech at the opening of 37 th MassKara Festival, was lambasting the Americans for criticizing his war on drugs and had just said “p…ina itong gagong puti (son of bitch these stupid whites)” when the church bells began to toll.

“It will toll the bells to sound your kneel of grief. Iyan ang mensahe ko sa Amerikano. Hindi kami magugutom (that is my message to the Americans. We will not go hungry,” he said, in reference to his threat for them to leave the country.

Duterte asked if the bells were ringing because it was time to pray, since it was only 5:25 p.m.

“Mangadi ba ta? (Are we going to pray) Is it six o'clock? Five twenty eight pa man. Akala ko galit yung pari sa akin.Iyong mga bishop man lang wala namang pari (I thought the priest was mad at me. It is just the bishops, there are no priests),” the president said as the bells continued to toll.

“So I'm going to China to make friends with them and also with Russia,” he said.

He reminded the Americans that the Philippines-US Enhanced Defense Cooperation Agreement is only signed by former Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin, not by former President Benigno Aquino.

“Better think twice now because I would be asking you to leave the Philippines altogether,” he said

The way I see it he is really trying to incite hatred against the "whites" he is now playing the Race game against the Americans this will not end well for the Filipinos.

Please can somebody save us Filipinos from our own stupidity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mapichtli
Back