Duterte Harry, Part 1: The rise of Duterte & the shifting sociopolitical climate in the Philippines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact: The average IQ of Filipinos is extremely low...by far the lowest in the region. The average IQ in the Philippines is on par with Latin countries while the surrounding countries is much higher.

I thought you have to give people trials 'n shit.

Oh wait, you mean if you KNOW someone is guilty you can just whack them without going through all that red tape only to watch them skate by on a technicality.

Interesting concept. lol

Not nessary in the Philippines. can just do it

Fact: The average IQ of Filipinos is extremely low...by far the lowest in the region. The average IQ in the Philippines is on par with Latin countries while the surrounding countries is much higher.

Do you think its genetics? or Culture?

Do you think its genetics? or Culture?

It's gotta be culture. I assume the rural areas bring the score down for the more developed areas.

Growing up in CA and attending high school and college with many Filipinos, I would have never guessed they have a lower IQ than other Asians or white people.

It's gotta be culture. I assume the rural areas bring the score down for the more developed areas.

Growing up in CA and attending high school and college with many Filipinos, I would have never guessed they have a lower IQ than other Asians or white people.

With what I am reading in the local forums regarding Politics in the Philippines it is really disturbing I don't consider my self as the exceptional Filipino I am no smart guy I know other Filipinos more intelligent than me but I have really notice the difference in the level of intellect between Filipinos and westerners.

Even in Message boards the Sherdog War Room has more logic and nuance discussion than the average Filipino Political online forum.

Message boards here are filled with non sense adhominems and strawman arguments.

The Duterte Suporters are very guilty of that.

Here are a few example of what the people say

*Who needs foreign investment if the criminals will just running in the streets murdering you?
*I am okay with Duterte cutting ties with the UN and USA and the EU as long as he kills all the criminals
*Only the big companies benefit from foreign investments anyway.
*What right do you have to criticize Duterte? What have you done for our country
*Why don't you run for the pressidency since you sound so smart
*The foreign businesses wont pull out from the Philippines since they need the money
*The Philippines is very rich with Natural resources we don't need foreign Aid.

With what I am reading in the local forums regarding Politics in the Philippines it is really disturbing I don't consider my self as the exceptional Filipino I am no smart guy I know other Filipinos more intelligent than me but I have really notice the difference in the level of intellect between Filipinos and westerners.

Even in Message boards the Sherdog War Room has more logic and nuance discussion than the average Filipino Political online forum.

Message boards here are filled with non sense adhominems and strawman arguments.

The Duterte Suporters are very guilty of that.

Here are a few example of what the people say

*Who needs foreign investment if the criminals will just running in the streets murdering you?
*I am okay with Duterte cutting ties with the UN and USA and the EU as long as he kills all the criminals
*Only the big companies benefit from foreign investments anyway.
*What right do you have to criticize Duterte? What have you done for our country
*Why don't you run for the pressidency since you sound so smart
*The foreign businesses wont pull out from the Philippines since they need the money
*The Philippines is very rich with Natural resources we don't need foreign Aid.

I don't know if you can use political opinion as a way to determine IQ (too much emotion involved). If that was the case, the overwhelming majority of Americans who supported going into Iraq would make us idiots. Following 9/11, I heard the dumbest things ever from otherwise smart people. Lots of "we should just turn the middle east into a parking lot" and things of that sort.

I'll stick by "not genetic". I would be curious to see how Filipinos in America score on an IQ test. That would remove the culture element.

I don't know if you can use political opinion as a way to determine IQ (too much emotion involved). If that was the case, the overwhelming majority of Americans who supported going into Iraq would make us idiots. Following 9/11, I heard the dumbest things ever from otherwise smart people. Lots of "we should just turn the middle east into a parking lot" and things of that sort.

I'll stick by "not genetic". I would be curious to see how Filipinos in America score on an IQ test. That would remove the culture element.

Speaking on canada. They have trouble assimilating and dropping out of highschool from what i have seen. Now mind you these are Filipinos who migrate here and hang out with other Filipinos only. They may not be ambitious but they are collectivist and will put in lots of work on low paying entry jobs, pool the money and get something going for their kids. This is also not uncommon for 1st generation to this as well. Those that diversify their friendship with other cultures they tend to be like everyone else, this can go inline with education though with issues like language barrier. I see an inverse with filipinos in where the second third generation do very well in school, are quite responsible and ambitious. Whereas other ethnic migrants do very well in school get good jobs but their kids are just as decadent as the next american or canadian kid.

Speaking on canada. They have trouble assimilating and dropping out of highschool from what i have seen. Now mind you these are Filipinos who migrate here and hang out with other Filipinos only. They may not be ambitious but they are collectivist and will put in lots of work on low paying entry jobs, pool the money and get something going for their kids. This is also not uncommon for 1st generation to this as well. Those that diversify their friendship with other cultures they tend to be like everyone else, this can go inline with education though with issues like language barrier. I see an inverse with filipinos in where the second third generation do very well in school, are quite responsible and ambitious. Whereas other ethnic migrants do very well in school get good jobs but their kids are just as decadent as the next american or canadian kid.

Interesting. I think Filinos assimilate very well in the states. They are probably the biggest English speaking Asian country. They are already exposed to a lot of American culture because of the US presence there.

Interesting. I think Filinos assimilate very well in the states. They are probably the biggest English speaking Asian country. They are already exposed to a lot of American culture because of the US presence there.

But despite this a 16 Million of the 50 Million registered Filipino voters chose Duterte and anti American and still defend their Idol.. All of a sudden these people became Anti American because of Duterte now they are saying they will boycott American products and accusing America in meddling in other countries business as if China is not doing that.

But make no mistake about there are still a significant number of Filipinos who don't like Duterte and it is really shocking what they are saying to them Duterte is Pol Pot in the making or worst.

I say this people are living a dangerous life specially I see people in some Forums who blatantly talks about how wish the CIA or Mossad Kills Duterte or some people actively calling for his resignation and some retired Military officers who is proposing a coup de etat.

Some retired US Navy personal from Filipino heritage are now getting more angry with Duterte's Anti American propaganda.

Despite the Anti American sentiment of most Filipinos there is a segment of the Filipino population that are very loyal to the USA specially the elderly even if they have never visited the USA, their appreciation of the American colonial rule and American support during WW2 earned their respect for the Americans. To them they see an Attack on the USA as also an attack against the Filipinos.

This Atheist communist President thinks he can trigger the Church Bells as well.

Duterte Threatens Americans

The way I see it he is really trying to incite hatred against the "whites" he is now playing the Race game against the Americans this will not end well for the Filipinos.

Please can somebody save us Filipinos from our own stupidity?

I think the position regarding US vs China is more about who will actually control the region than any sort of ideological conflict.
China has already backed it's claims with possession and construction, and if the US (sensibly) isn't going to go to war with China over the South China sea, then it makes sense that the Phillipines territorial (and hence military) interests might realign with China.

This. I saw youths with Nazi type swastika shirts walking around at a mall in Metro Manila in 2005.

Hitler and the Nazis have the image of being the most indescribable type of evil mostly in the West. Which is understandable.

Everywhere else they're just seen as regular bad guys in history, maybe on par with colonizers and despots. I know in Latin America this is the case.

But despite this a 16 Million of the 50 Million registered Filipino voters chose Duterte and anti American and still defend their Idol.. All of a sudden these people became Anti American because of Duterte now they are saying they will boycott American products and accusing America in meddling in other countries business as if China is not doing that.

But make no mistake about there are still a significant number of Filipinos who don't like Duterte and it is really shocking what they are saying to them Duterte is Pol Pot in the making or worst.

I say this people are living a dangerous life specially I see people in some Forums who blatantly talks about how wish the CIA or Mossad Kills Duterte or some people actively calling for his resignation and some retired Military officers who is proposing a coup de etat.

Some retired US Navy personal from Filipino heritage are now getting more angry with Duterte's Anti American propaganda.

Despite the Anti American sentiment of most Filipinos there is a segment of the Filipino population that are very loyal to the USA specially the elderly even if they have never visited the USA, their appreciation of the American colonial rule and American support during WW2 earned their respect for the Americans. To them they see an Attack on the USA as also an attack against the Filipinos.

It really is mind baffling how quickly Philippines / American relations has changed. Duterte has only been in office a few months. It's scary to think about where things will be in a year.

It really is mind baffling how quickly Philippines / American relations has changed. Duterte has only been in office a few months. It's scary to think about where things will be in a year.

I wonder if the change is reflected democratically.
In 2014 the Philippines was the most pro-American country with 92% having a favourable view of America. Do 92% of Americans have a favourable view of America?
I wonder how much that's actually shifted.

Some of the Duterte fanatics online are totally clueless, I saw an FB group that posted the Apache attack helicopter shooting 30mm at the Taleban, and one the main OP says "This is the Apache attack Helicopter this will worked very well against the Abu Sayaff are you in favor of Duterte buying weapons like this?"

Those people are totally clueless, Duterte just slammed the USA and said wants no part of a US military alliance and this people think Duterte can buy Apache Attack Helicopters.

And a lot of the People thinks that isolating the Philippines from the international community just so Duterte can get rid of all the Drugs and criminals is worth it.

They want the Philippines to leave the UN and cut of ties with the whole western world.

I just saw one of this in one of the FB groups supporting Duterte.
14205956_1242829539100594_3101097717836308841_o.jpg

They are going to practically distabilize the whole country and possibly the region just to get rid of Drugs what are they going to do to the people that will lose their Jobs.

Jesus Fucking Christ this is really Madness

Duterte better watch out or we might come and liberate his country.

What do you think will happen in America when we elect our own Duterte equivalent with a crappy hairpiece?

I wonder if the change is reflected democratically.
In 2014 the Philippines was the most pro-American country with 92% having a favourable view of America. Do 92% of Americans have a favourable view of America?
I wonder how much that's actually shifted.

Everything here is being blamed on America fuck I even get bad stares from some people at the Mall thinking I am half American because I have a lighter skin tone than most Filipinos and I used to work at an American based company.

These people just don't have the slightest clue about the economic ramifications of pissing off America and her allies they firmly believed China and Russia alone can support the Philippine economy.

Majority of the Filipinos today thinks America has abandoned them because they said the USA did not gave them Money and weapons.

Its like the Filipinos just gave up building a nation they just want hand outs but no accountability.

Oh another thing a lot of the people in the rural areas support communism.

The Philippines anti US Slant actually started in 1987 since then the Media have increased attacking the US/Western Culture.

What do you think will happen in America when we elect our own Duterte equivalent with a crappy hairpiece?

I am no fan of Trump but he is no Duterte unless he kills people and feeds them to alligators.

These are Duterte's friends.
331.png

I am no fan of Trump but he is no Duterte unless he kills people and feeds them to alligators.

These are Duterte's friends.
331.png

I'm sure that's one of his policies. Just assuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back