• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LMAO @ anyone that thinks Conor has anything for the big boys @ LW.

He'd have virtually no reach advantage, height advantage, power advantage, striking skill advantage, he has shotty defense, and the grapplers would maul rape him.

Connor is 5'9 with a 74 inch reach. Lets do some comparisons...

Lightweight:
-RDA: 5'9, 70 inch reach
-Pettis: 5'10, 73 inch reach
-Cowboy: 6'1, 73 inch reach
-Khabib: 5'10, 70 inch reach
-Eddie Alvarez: 5'9, 69 inch reach

Welterweight:
-Robbie Lawler: 5'11, 74 inch reach
-Johnny Hendricks: 5'9, 69 inch reach
-Rory Mac: 6'0, 76 inch reach
-T-wood: 5'9, 74 inch reach
-Carlos Condit: 6'2, 76 inch reach

so out of the top 5 light weights, 3 of the 5 are taller, Cowboy being the only one with a "significant" height advantage. Connor has a reach advantage on all of the top 5, 3 of them being possibly considered "significant". Of the top 5 WW's, 3 of the 5 are taller once again, with Condit being the only one I'd consider "significant". only 2 of the 5 have a reach advantage, and they are both by a small 2 inches.

You may want to just stop watching MMA, because its obvious you really don't like McGregor, and you'll be devastated when he becomes a two division champ, and maybe if the stars align correctly the first three division champ.

I never said I didn't like Aldo. I'm simply realistic, unlike nuthuggers like you. He's beaten a former LW champ who everyone said was too small for LW. At least Edgar had the balls to fight at LW without worrying about size. That's more than Aldo or McGregor can say. Why else hasn't Aldo moved up then, genius? Why would he keep putting himself through the hell of making weight at FW if he can easily beat all the LW's as well?

Could it possibly be because he's looking for a size advantage and that's why he continues to cut so much weight? Noooooo. It's only why all fighters cut to lower weight classes in the first place. To gain an advantage.

He'll move up after he sets the UFC record, he's said he wants to break the record. Aldo cares about legacy. I'm not infatuated by fighters like most of you sherdoggers are. Aldo happens to be a fighter I respect the shit out of though, and also recognize his greatness.

Aldo can move up and do just fine at LW. If you can't see this then you don't know how to analyze the fight game, simple as that.

How quickly haters like you forget Aldo Vs Pettis was supposed to be UFC 163. Again, piss off.

Last edited:
Oh, Barbosa would beat Conor IMO, tear him up with kicks. I like Conor vs pretty much any FW, aside Aldo and Edgar. But LW is a different ball game, I really dont see him doing all that well vs the top 10. Only guys i would favor him over would be Jury and Green

Agreed.

He'll move up after he sets the UFC record, he's said he wants to break the record. Aldo cares about legacy. I'm not infatuated by fighters like most of you sherdoggers are. Aldo happens to be a fighter I respect the shit out of though, and also recognize his greatness.

How quickly haters like you forget Aldo Vs Pettis was supposed to be UFC 163, again piss off.
Aldo can move up and do just fine at LW. If you can't see this then you don't know how to analyze the fight game, simple as that.

So you're saying he puts himself through hell on earth because he wants to set a record? ROFL Surrrrrrrrre, man. He's been doing it for years. Couldn't he have set similar records at LW?

You just continue to ignore the whole idea of cutting weight. Fighters do it to gain an advantage. I'm not saying he and McGregor wouldn't do ok at LW but trying to gain a size advantage is exactly why both are cutting so much now. It's not hate. It's a simple fact. If they didn't think it was an advantage, they (and other big cutters) wouldn't be half-killing themselves doing it.

So you're saying he puts himself through hell on earth because he wants to set a record? ROFL Surrrrrrrrre, man. He's been doing it for years. Couldn't he have set similar records at LW?

You just continue to ignore the whole idea of cutting weight. Fighters do it to gain an advantage. I'm not saying he and McGregor wouldn't do ok at LW but trying to gain a size advantage is exactly why both are cutting so much now. It's not hate. It's a simple fact. If they didn't think it was an advantage, they (and other big cutters) wouldn't be half-killing themselves doing it.

Lol this guy is laughing at the notion of trying to set all-time records, which is why he will always be a desk job nothing and Aldo will go down as a legend of the sport.

Lol this guy is laughing at the notion of trying to set all-time records, which is why he will always be a desk job nothing and Aldo will go down as a legend of the sport.

The fact you think Aldo is going through hell to cut weight every time he fights to set records is what's laughable. Aldo's been a great fighter no doubt. There's also no doubt he's cutting a huge amount of weight to gain an advantage at FW. It's why all fighters cut weight. You're a total moron if you think otherwise.

Chromosome47 says "every other fighter cuts weight for an advantage, EXCEPT Aldo. He does it to set records" ROFL!!

The fact you think Aldo is going through hell to cut weight every time he fights to set records is what's laughable. Aldo's been a great fighter no doubt. There's also no doubt he's cutting a huge amount of weight to gain an advantage at FW. It's why all fighters cut weight. You're a total moron if you think otherwise.

Chromosome47 says "every other fighter cuts weight for an advantage, EXCEPT Aldo. He does it to set records" ROFL!!

Dude he cuts weight like everybody else for an advantage, the same advantage everyone else at the top of his weight class has. He is continuing this title run at 145 to set an all-time record, an accolade that means something to him.

What you are arguing is that he is only doing this because he knows he can't hang with the 155ers. You are wrong, refer to my other post about UFC 163. You are the definition of a keyboard warrior and its pathetic.

Mcgregor couldn't do anything against Duffy. He was dismantled in 1 minute and people here imagine that he would do well at LW?

What makes people think conor is all of a sudden going to be a bum when he moves up to a division where he already won a belt in another organization? If anything moving up would make him stronger and overall better due to not having to drain himself so bad from the weight cut.

He'd still hold the striking advantage against everyone in that division yes even RDA, pettis and cerrone. Conor has better striking IQ than those 3. I think his toughest fight at LW will be khabib or RDA. He beats everyone.

Dude he cuts weight like everybody else for an advantage, the same advantage everyone else at the top of his weight class has. He is continuing this title run at 145 to set an all-time record, an accolade that means something to him.

What you are arguing is that he is only doing this because he knows he can't hang with the 155ers. You are wrong, refer to my other post about UFC 163. You are the definition of a keyboard warrior and its pathetic.

I never said he couldnt hang with 155ers. I didn't say Conor can't hang either. There's a difference between being competitive and running roughshod over the division though. The latter is why both cut so much weight to fight at FW. You just saw a simple fact and chose to read what you wanted to read and get your panties in a bunch over it.

To clarify, I think both would be competitive at LW though It's going to be a lot harder for either to win the title there. I also think competition at LW has improved a lot since Edgar held the title.

Here's what I originally posted in the thread that you apparently got so upset over while claiming you don't follow individual fighters:

Actually, the same can be said of Aldo, in my opinion. It used to be fashionable around here to think Aldo could go up and win the LW title any time he pleased but for some odd reason he never did. Instead he and Conor will go through hell on earth to make FW. Gee, I wonder why that is?

His chances of beating RDA or Khabib are slim to none.

You know a fighter has arrived when their detractors start fantasizing about them moving up to fight heavier opponents. See also Rousey, Ronda and Jones, Jon.

Jeez, MMA fans discussing fantasy matches on an MMA discussion board? Who would have figured?

Connor has mentioned moving up to LW soon several times, so fans discussing how he would fair there is natural and has little to do with hate.

It seems like to many, stating that you don't think he would be top5 is considered a hater opinion, when really it isn't.

I never said he couldnt hang with 155ers. I didn't say Conor can't hang either. There's a difference between being competitive and running roughshod over the division though. The latter is why both cut so much weight to fight at FW. You just saw a simple fact and chose to read what you wanted to read and get your panties in a bunch over it.

To clarify, I think both would be competitive at LW though It's going to be a lot harder for either to win the title there. I also think competition at LW has improved a lot since Edgar held the title.

Here's what I originally posted in the thread that you apparently got so upset over while claiming you don't follow individual fighters:

Either way he did try to but Pettis pulled out. Now he'll stay until he breaks the record like he has been saying in his latest interviews. I'd imagine hell want to move up either way so that Renan can fight at 45.

notorious_by_herakles107-daoco5w.jpg

Back