Shoop Dat Bug-Eyed Beast

full

Aren't you still on cell phone? If you are how did you do that dust/splatter brush over his face?
I got a little function that says "draw" and I selected an airbrush, played with the settings so it was wide with 90% transparency and then blended it with the smoke that was already in the picture... And I played with the saturation and contrast to make his skin darker. I couldn't get his as dark as Mac without losing his eye colour so I covered up the join with more smoke... Kinda worked. Fiddly though.

latest

full

I'm slowly teaching myself how to do it and there are some sweet functions on this app that do some fun stuff... There is a gif making function but I'm still a long way away from that one.

Last edited:
I got a little function that says "draw" and I selected an airbrush, played with the settings so it was wide with 90% transparency and then blended it with the smoke that was already in the picture... And I played with the saturation and contrast to make his skin darker. I couldn't get his as dark as Mac without losing his eye colour so I covered up the join with more smoke... Kinda worked. Fiddly though.

latest

full

I'm slowly teaching myself how to do it and there are some sweet functions on this app that do some fun stuff... There is a gif making function but I'm still a long way away from that one.

ahh good work around.

ahh good work around.
Does it look good? That's the real problem with phone shoops - the size is all the same on small screens until you see it on a proper sized one. I spent so long doing the one of Beast grabbing Travis by the neck that when it went small I lowered expectations!

Does it look good? That's the real problem with phone shoops - the size is all the same on small screens until you see it on a proper sized one. I spent so long doing the one of Beast grabbing Travis by the neck that when it went small I lowered expectations!

It looks great brah. I mean if I get down to pixel peeping I could find errors, but I thought you did that on a computer. I am actually impressed that it's a cell phone shoop. What cell phone do you use and why the heck don't you get/use a computer? I could imagine the frustrations of working with something with a small screen like that. What resolution is it?

I have to work with a larger monitor and would die, literally dead, if I had to use a cell phone. I don't need to have the best things in the world in my life, but when it comes to a computer and monitor I need really really good stuff.

I tend to do my shoops on public transport... Believe it or not I even do them sometimes whilst walking. I also do them when the missus is nagging...
I have a Galaxy Note, which is a 5 inch screen, and that's it. I'm pretty minimalist - I don't have a TV, and I only use the laptop I have for work stuff. Stops me getting too sucked in, but I do like the creative expression you get from being able to do the simple ones that I do... Blending is the hardest part with your finger!

Nice. Must be relaxing and makes time fly as you are traveling. Perhaps it makes you almost enjoy the ride or even look forward to it. Careful doing it while walking. Seen too many youtube videos of ppl walking while not paying attention. They never end well. Too bad you have the original Note because it doesn't have the sylus. That would make life easier. It's 5.3" BTW. I have a Note, but a Note 4. Step dad gave it to me. I sometimes think of shooping on it due to your request that I learn cell phone shooping, but then I look at that tiny screen.... Maybe one day when I get time.

Nice. Must be relaxing and makes time fly as you are traveling. Perhaps it makes you almost enjoy the ride or even look forward to it. Careful doing it while walking. Seen too many youtube videos of ppl walking while not paying attention. They never end well. Too bad you have the original Note because it doesn't have the sylus. That would make life easier. It's 5.3" BTW. I have a Note, but a Note 4. Step dad gave it to me. I sometimes think of shooping on it due to your request that I learn cell phone shooping, but then I look at that tiny screen.... Maybe one day when I get time.

I'm actually on the 7 edge... My mistake. Got a free upgrade but I'm not so technical!

I was on the S Note 3 a while ago with the pen - that was kick ass... This one just feels like it's gonna break at any moment.

I think that myself when I'm walking along sometimes too!

Last edited:
I'm actually on the 7 edge... My mistake.

I was on the S Note 3 a while ago with the pen - that was kick ass... This one just feels like it's gonna break at any moment.

I think that kyself when I'm walking along sometimes too!

Yea those curved screens are nice I guess due to the side menu, but they make the phone so vulnerable to breaking if it's dropped. Even with a case on. S7 Edge is 5.5". haha. I imagine a stylus would still work on your phone but there is no storage for it. I lost my Note 4 stylus (later found it in the car). Bought an original one from Ebay, used for $3.95 (3.19 pounds). they are like $30 new. Maybe you can try that one. Or even an el cheapo one as you don't need the Samsung fancy schmacny one with the button on it.

Yea those curved screens are nice I guess due to the side menu, but they make the phone so vulnerable to breaking if it's dropped. Even with a case on. S7 Edge is 5.5". haha. I imagine a stylus would still work on your phone but there is no storage for it. I lost my Note 4 stylus (later found it in the car). Bought an original one from Ebay, used for $3.95 (3.19 pounds). they are like $30 new. Maybe you can try that one. Or even an el cheapo one as you don't need the Samsung fancy schmacny one with the button on it.

Hey man....Half an inch goes a long way!

The curved screen is a bastard waste of time. It's impossible to even send a text without pressing something from the side with your hand.

I might try and get a cheap stylus... Just for fun, like...

Hey man....Half an inch goes a long way!

The curved screen is a bastard waste of time. It's impossible to even send a text without pressing something from the side with your hand.

I might try and get a cheap stylus... Just for fun, like...

With your extra half inch, and magic fingers you sound good to go!!

Back