NiOh (another Souls series inspired game) *update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I barely fought any revenants up until now but this is definitely the way to go. It's way more fun than fighting yokai all the time and the gear is the best you can get anywhere.

I feel almost crazy selling some of these weapons but I have so many good ones already and they keep dropping.

I dislike the red demon set but I'm all body and skill so it's all I can wear. Armor level makes a YUUUUGE difference.

I dislike the red demon set but I'm all body and skill so it's all I can wear. Armor level makes a YUUUUGE difference.
Apparently you can refashion it to look like anything you want. I assume you still need the minimum stats for the underlying set though.

Kingo is another set you see all the time.

That bridge mission is amazing. Perfect spot to practice anything. Reminds me of learning to parry by fighting silver knights in Anor Londo in DS1.

I've come to realize the Sword Ki is one of the most useful skills you can have for the katana. It's fast, interrupts attacks and deals damage as well. I started using it at the end of a combo to prevent a counter and buy time for my ki to regenerate.

THat :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: on the bridge can heal too. THis is DS2 levels of antiplayer artificial difficulty

THat :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: on the bridge can heal too. THis is DS2 levels of antiplayer artificial difficulty
I've had a few revenants heal there, even some casting sloth. Pretty ingenious that the AI can imitate different human playstyles.

I've had a few revenants heal there, even some casting sloth. Pretty ingenious that the AI can imitate different human playstyles.
I like that anything you can do to the enemies, they can do to you. I've even been put in discord before.

why do all these games need to have spider levels, or spider bosses, i fucking hate spiders lol

Revenants throw sloth at me all the time if I let them.

I've gotten so bad at this game because I've been abusing ground fire trap.

-Spawn Revenant
-Back roll
-Set Ground fire trap
-Final blow for 4k insta-kill

I don't even bother trying to parry anymore. I just try to get behind every enemy and wail on them. I'm pretty sure Nobunaga is going to push my shit in for about 30 attempts. I haven't gotten to him yet but I just have a feeling.

I did the side mission last night where you have to fight Otani (mothman) and a fiend in a tiny ass room. God that sucked.

i never parry in the game, i just avoid their moves and then 1shot them with a combo

normally i dont parry in soulborne games...only in bloodborne i've used the gun to parry but in other games i just avoid roll then combo

i never parry in the game, i just avoid their moves and then 1shot them with a combo

normally i dont parry in soulborne games...only in bloodborne i've used the gun to parry but in other games i just avoid roll then combo

Parrying is very powerful in Nioh. In fact, my build is basically build around the finishing blow so parry+haze is usually crucial for me. At this point I have yet to encounter a boss that can survive two finishing blows from me, the trick is getting them down first, which is where the parry/haze comes in.

I'm just getting lazy and relying on my backstab damage buffs to get the job done instead. I use the low stance sword technique that helps you get behind an opponent on combo which helps rack up the "backstab" attacks.

This game always finds a way to frustrate me despite how much I love it. I finally get the blacksmith text I want, but now have to figure out how to get enough damn spider legs to craft it. How am I supposed to farm an item that, as far as I know, only drops from one particular enemy that happens to be a boss?

Revenants throw sloth at me all the time if I let them.

I've gotten so bad at this game because I've been abusing ground fire trap.

-Spawn Revenant
-Back roll
-Set Ground fire trap
-Final blow for 4k insta-kill

I don't even bother trying to parry anymore. I just try to get behind every enemy and wail on them. I'm pretty sure Nobunaga is going to push my shit in for about 30 attempts. I haven't gotten to him yet but I just have a feeling.

I did the side mission last night where you have to fight Otani (mothman) and a fiend in a tiny ass room. God that sucked.
You want a new toy to get lazy with? Try the dual sword skills "The Shrike" and "Random Slice". The second one is like a freight train. Absolutely hilarious. I've been just wrecking revenants with them on the bridge.

is there an interupt mechanic in this game that i dont know about?
You mean like a guard break? Most weapons have a kick or little thrust move but they are skills that have to be unlocked before you can use them.

That second guy in the Ohashi Bridge in NG+ is a tank. I must have hit him over 100 times to kill him.

For the fuck of it I tried fist talismans for the 2v1 and either they have more health or my build is not optimized because they took no damage. Fists are the speed run strat for the ice bitch.

You want a new toy to get lazy with? Try the dual sword skills "The Shrike" and "Random Slice". The second one is like a freight train. Absolutely hilarious. I've been just wrecking revenants with them on the bridge.

Water sword is fucking bananas with the dual swords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back