NiOh (another Souls series inspired game) *update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you're endgame now. Nice. How did you like getting through the gauntlet at the beginning?

I just defeated the 8 headed snake boss and went through the credits. About to hit the prologue stuff tonight.

Oh you're endgame now. Nice. How did you like getting through the gauntlet at the beginning?

I did enjoy fighting the bosses again and overall didn't find it too bad. The level design was really cool.

I did enjoy fighting the bosses again and overall didn't find it too bad. The level design was really cool.
Getting to the second shrine sucks ass, especially if you die to gravity and have to do it all over again.

I agree, the boss rush is fun.

Getting to the second shrine sucks ass, especially if you die to gravity and have to do it all over again.

I agree, the boss rush is fun.

Yeah I fell off once but just used catwalk and suppa scrolls to rush back.

I'm looking forward to trying the two kings tonight.

What level did you finish at? I think I hit 107

Yeah I fell off once but just used catwalk and suppa scrolls to rush back.

I'm looking forward to trying the two kings tonight.

What level did you finish at? I think I hit 107
I was at 109 for Two Kings.

You must have done all the sub missions as well.

Yeah I did them all. Did a fair amount of co-op the past week as well. I didn't do too many Twilight Missions though. The lack of enemy or locale variety kind of killed any desire to do so.

Yeah I did them all. Did a fair amount of co-op the past week as well. I didn't do too many Twilight Missions though. The lack of enemy or locale variety kind of killed any desire to do so.
Funny, I did all the twilight missions but no coop and we still ended up at the same level. Recycled enemies did get old after a while though so I don't blame you. I just did it for the platinum.

Finally beat ice queen this morning it must have taken me seriously 2-3hours of trying lol

Finally beat ice queen this morning it must have taken me seriously 2-3hours of trying lol

She is in my opinion the 2nd hardest boss in the game behind Tachibana. I found her dash move really hard to judge.

She is in my opinion the 2nd hardest boss in the game behind Tachibana. I found her dash move really hard to judge.
I just backed out and waited for it once she got to phase two. That thing is almost undodgeable.

I just backed out and waited for it once she got to phase two. That thing is almost undodgeable.

Yeah that's the key with some of those fast rushers.

Overall the game has a very odd difficulty curve. I definitely think it's easier than SoulsBorne.

In Souls I had equal parts thrill and dread getting to a boss. In Nioh I got most of them on the 2nd try and many on the first.

I guess in Nioh I just found it really easy to avoid being harmed.

NiOh is easier because it has better mechanics. My God i don't even know if I'm going to get the Ringed City at this point

Yeah that's the key with some of those fast rushers.

Overall the game has a very odd difficulty curve. I definitely think it's easier than SoulsBorne.

In Souls I had equal parts thrill and dread getting to a boss. In Nioh I got most of them on the 2nd try and many on the first.

I guess in Nioh I just found it really easy to avoid being harmed.

Yeah i agree with this, aside from the boss fights i barely get hit in this game. I like i mentioned before i juste avoid their moves, go to their backs, or stun lock them with a combo

maybe the game feels easier because the mechanics are great and responsive...

Yeah i agree with this, aside from the boss fights i barely get hit in this game. I like i mentioned before i juste avoid their moves, go to their backs, or stun lock them with a combo

maybe the game feels easier because the mechanics are great and responsive...

The mechanics are stellar. I do think that plays a role as the bosses actually do more damage.

Plus let's face it Anjin would while the fucking floor with any of your Souls/Bloodborne characters. He'd fucking run circles around them. Plus Sloth talisman

Jesus christ you guys are good. I just beat Umi Bozo last night after about 20 tries. So im pretty sure i have a long way to go. Granted I don't get much time to play but still I fucking suck at this game which is why I really like it. I've never really played games considered hard.

Jesus christ you guys are good. I just beat Umi Bozo last night after about 20 tries. So im pretty sure i have a long way to go. Granted I don't get much time to play but still I fucking suck at this game which is why I really like it. I've never really played games considered hard.
That boss took me more than 20 tries the first time. I've also heard others say the same thing. Don't beat yourself up over that thing.

Umi Bozu is maligned as the worst boss in the game, but because of that , I feel he's almost definitive. A rite of passage.

the level umi bozu is in is one of my favorites so far, initially it seems like a small level but there are tons of little passages hidden all over it

the level umi bozu is in is one of my favorites so far, initially it seems like a small level but there are tons of little passages hidden all over it

Fuck that level, I must be the only person who didn't struggle with umi bozu but fucking hates that level. I died accidentally dashing into the water far more than I did against him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back