Locked VENOM Movie (First Critics Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol at Amy backpedalling. Either she was trying to fool everyone with her earlier statements or she's just ignorant.

3048558.gif

3.15716490106606143880.505532326838747.gif

Poor decision by Sony.

Making movies about Spider-man's supporting characters, without the promise of Spider-man ever making an appearance in the developing films or possible sequels, will not bode well for the profitability of Sony's film division.

Hopefully, Marvel will either be more lenient in the negotiations, or offer an outright buy-back of those character rights to be available for future Spider-man films.

I'm curious, what would've been FF and X-Men involvement in the Civil War if they were
part of the MCU.

The more I think about it, Sony not including Peter Parker in their cinematic universe and developing other characters is a good idea.

This news makes me even more apprehensive that this will be anything other than a failure. Venom and Carnage but not part of the MCU... UGH.

Update: June 25, 2017

Sony's Amy Pascal Clarifies That Venom, Silver Sable, Black Cat NOT Part of MCU

1RCLfrs.jpg

Poor decision by Sony.

Making movies about Spider-man's supporting characters, without the promise of Spider-man ever making an appearance in the developing films or possible sequels, will not bode well for the profitability of Sony's film division.

Hopefully, Marvel will either be more lenient in the negotiations, or offer an outright buy-back of those character rights to be available for future Spider-man films.

Wait, are they gonna mention Spiderman at all in Venom movie? Cause i don't believe i've understood it that way... Spiderman appearing in MCU is what it is, but he has to be at least mentioned in those movies. Similar to Marvel netflix series. Avengers are not showing up, but their existence is implied and mentioned several times,as are surrounding events...

Update: June 28, 2017

Amy Pascal Says Sony's Marvel Universe Exist in the Same Reality as the MCU

Spider-Man-Battles-Venom-062817-Dragonlord.jpeg

This whole thing began last week when Sony's Amy Pascal seemed to confirm that Venom and the other upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming spinoffs such as Silver and Black are, in fact, a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige clearly had a word with her about this, as she clarified her comments soon after by stating that although Homecoming is obviously set in the MCU, the spinoffs would not be... even though they will remain connected to Spidey's new solo flick.

Confused yet?

While interviewing both Pascal and Feige, Fandom once again asked the pair about the connection - or lack thereof - between the franchises. Here is Pascal's response:

"First, there is Spider-Man happily in the place where he’s supposed to be which is in the Marvel Universe. I think everything comes from that. This is the signpost, the tentpole, the signature and… the other movies that Sony’s going to make, in their relationship to this [MCU] Spider-Man, take place in this [separate Sony] world. Although you’re not going to see them in the Marvel Universe, it’s in the same reality.”

Feige then backed Pascal up by adding that her response is “the perfect answer”.

So basically, though Venom and friends do technically exist in the same reality as The MCU, we shouldn't expect to see any official Marvel Studios crossovers.

VENOM And Sony's Other SPIDER-MAN Spinoffs Do Exist In The "Same Reality" As The Marvel Cinematic Universe

giphy.webp

Didn't tag anyone bec. this back-and-forth by Amy is getting tiresome. "World," "Marvel Universe," "Reality," Amy is just a bit clueless on the technical terms to use and that's why it's confusing a lot of the fans.

What Amy should say is that Venom, Black Cat, Silver Sable and the rest of the Sony spinoff movies exist in the same Marvel Cinematic Universe but they will not interact or be referenced with the rest of the MCU and vice versa, including Tom Holland's Spider-Man (for now).

Sony should just sell the rights back to Marvel and stop embarrassing themselves. A cinematic universe focusing solely on Spider-man isn't going to happen. At least, not the way Sony wants it to.

Venom mixed with Zombieland?! What the hell does that mean? Are they about to go Suicide Squad with this?!

Fuck Tom Holland and just bring Andrew Garfield back for this Venom movie.

Problem solved.

Used to watch the Spider-Man animated series in the 90's when I was a kid. I thought Venom was super cool, brahs.

That's as much as I know about Spider-Man/Venom.

Seriously why would they think this is a good idea? First Han Solo stand alone being modeled after Ace Ventura, now this? The only way this makes sense is if these studios are just trolling for the sake of....trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back