Woman calls police to report disturbance, ends up killed by police

I don't even think full body cameras are necessary. Why not a gun camera? It'll always be pointed in the right direction and could easily be activated with a grip sensor.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the cop was a racist. If the last few years have taught me anything it's that cops only shoot people because they're racist.

You'd think cops would WANT to have their cameras on. It's the best piece of evidence to exonerate a cop from accusations (unless those accusations turn out to be true).

I don't even think full body cameras are necessary. Why not a gun camera? It'll always be pointed in the right direction and could easily be activated with a grip sensor.

Because then you wouldn't see anything leading up to that point and the footage would be shaky as hell.

Also, who wants to carry a weapon with a clunky ass camera anyway? Not very efficient.

Sounds like she thought she was approaching cops in Australia and not trigger happy American psychos. She was probably worked up from whatever happened that caused her to call and approached the car aggressively and the cop blasted her dead. She probably had a phone in her hand and the cop will say he thought it was a gun.

Yeah, unless she was from Victoria, it's unlikely that the idea of getting shot by the police ever entered her head.

Sounds like she thought she was approaching cops in Australia and not trigger happy American psychos. She was probably worked up from whatever happened that caused her to call and approached the car aggressively and the cop blasted her dead. She probably had a phone in her hand and the cop will say he thought it was a gun.
Wow, this sounds like it could have happened for real.

The best part is that we will just have to accept it if this is how it went down

But if they were sitting in the car, it makes sense that they wouldn't have the camera on.

You'd think cops would WANT to have their cameras on. It's the best piece of evidence to exonerate a cop from accusations (unless those accusations turn out to be true).

From my experience with cops i dont have faith in any of them to do anything, not even wipe their own ass. Not having the cams on does not surprise me in the slightest.
Diaz gif.

I remember many departments fighting against the cams.

That really says a lot.

The article has 0 information about what happened, not much to said. I can only assume some kind of incident happened and they shot her by mistake.

Bodycam conveniently turned off.......

Cops not giving information on what occured....

I am guessing the cops fucked up bably.

Here is hiping that they won't be aquitted

Cops should not have the ability to shut off their body cams. And we need to stop putting badges on stupid people.

Saw that. They released exactly 0 details, so kind of tough to comment on something without any information. I really doubt police showed up intending to blast some 40 year old housewife, but it's odd as fuck that they coincidentally had their body cams turned off while responding to something they took seriously enough to have their guns drawn. Why the hell are cops responsible for turning on their own bodycams? Seems like that should be done remotely during response to anything.

This is potentially a serious blunder, and I'm really not looking forward to the incoming shit storm when someone gets convicted and then BLM goes bananas claiming they were only convicted because she was white.
Yeah but she literally dindu nuffin

I could see this being justified if she approached the vehicle. Given recent events, the shooting of the officer in NY, people calling in fake calls to lure and attack police, they could make an argument that they feared for their lives.

Because then you wouldn't see anything leading up to that point and the footage would be shaky as hell.

Also, who wants to carry a weapon with a clunky ass camera anyway? Not very efficient.

It's better than no footage at all, and it'll be directly pointed at the suspect in the crucial moments. Besides, they make cameras for pistols now that are no larger than the regular under barrel flashlight attachments. In fact, they make some that are actually flashlights too.

Police giving nothing yet. Mayor says he wants answers.

I could see this being justified if she approached the vehicle. Given recent events, the shooting of the officer in NY, people calling in fake calls to lure and attack police, they could make an argument that they feared for their lives.

Seriously? You think police are in such danger that walking up to them constitutes a deadly threat now?

Back