• N64

• dreamcast

• Saturn

• 3DO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait no sega Mega Drive in the pool?

This is why boxers and MMA fighters are dumb asses.

90s console is my wheelhouse had snes, n64 and playstation.tough choice but went playstation due to the variety of game library: resident evil, metal gear solid, tekken, soul edge, final fantasy, tomb raider, gex, etc. The variety is far greater than what Nintendo provided.

Snes had donkey kong country series, mario kart, mario land, mario rpg, etc.

N64 got goldeneye, banjo kazzoie, mario 64/kart, ocarina, no mercy/wm 00, diddy kong racing, etc.

damn. The desperation in the last 10 minutes of omega/okada 3 was intense.

That was probably my favorite Omega/Okada match.

Who do you guys personally want to win tomorrow? for me it's naito

Naito wins. Let Omega run with the US Championship for a while. I'd love to see Omega/Ibushi at WK11.

"it's time to drink some Sapporo and go balls deep in some Japanese ladies" - Juice Robinson

90s console is my wheelhouse had snes, n64 and playstation.tough choice but went playstation due to the variety of game library: resident evil, metal gear solid, tekken, soul edge, final fantasy, tomb raider, gex, etc. The variety is far greater than what Nintendo provided.

Snes had donkey kong country series, mario kart, mario land, mario rpg, etc.

N64 got goldeneye, banjo kazzoie, mario 64/kart, ocarina, no mercy/wm 00, diddy kong racing, etc.
I will always go with send on this. I got snes then 64 then ps1. 4 controllers put 64 ahead of ps1 easily. Playing four player Mario kart, goldeneye , wrestling games is an experience that couldn't be made with ps one.

But ultimately the feeling of beating donkey king country or Mario dog dog dog rpg wAs orgamsic. Mortal kombat 2 and street fighter 2 with friends.

I actually got the ps one almost a year before it was realized released in the United States. My dad travelled to Japan for business and brought one back for me. I didn't even know what it was / heard of it at the time. My dad brings home this system and I'm thinking okay it's some cheap Chinese shit (my dad would always bring me back strange electronics from china and jApan and most were weird and wouldn't hold my attention). I think the only two games he brought with it was battle arena to shorten and ridge racer. And these are the jap versiAns but I think they had both languages displayed. The first time I play it my mind was BLOWN. I hadn't even heard of this thing and now I'm playing a system more posdtdful then I could ever imagine. I tell my friends and they don't believe me until they come over and play it. It made my house the home base betweeen my friends that year (probably like 6 or 8 months) until it came out in the states and they got it

Playstation had its share of hidden gems: rival schools, choc:legend of gobbos, alundra, medievil. Also, franchise series like crash bandicoot, sypro the dragon as the key platformers for playstation.

Crash bandicoot 1 was brutally difficult and unforgiven as it gets for a platformer, one error and there goes your run.

Torn between Genesis and PSX. Might be changing my vote at some point. Good poll!:)

Abe odysse/exodus great original playstation games. The library of playstation is so vast that the first 10 games players got would be way different to n64. N64 would have the usual franchises and a few original games.

Sony playstation onwards has the 3rd party edge on Nintendo is why the ps/ps2 dominated the gaming market as the variety was endless to other consoles.

Can we talk about Konami. At one point they were titans of the video game industry.

Had Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania, Silent Hill, Contra, Frogger, TMNT (Turtles in Time)

Now over the past few years, they have just sat back and let these franchises rot.

Castlevania hasn't had a new game in years. They did at one point announce a new Silent Hill, called Silent Hills which had the gaming world incredibly hyped. Then out of nowhere they cancel it.

They fired Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima, essentially ending Metal Gear Solid as a franchise. No wait, they did announce Metal Gear Survive some dumb as fuck zombie survival game. Kojima was asked about this game at a panel and he was seen laughing then asked "what do zombies have to do with MGS?". Konami then sent him a letter telling him to stop talking about their game because he is TARNISHING their reputation!

How come no new Contra? Not even HD upgrades for the Switch or something?

They are a complete disaster of a company now.

There is also this gem

Konami showcased their new music rhythm game, Rock Revolution and failed playing it! They then went on to sue Activision and Harmonix the two studios responsible for the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games.

Konami was also recently in the news telling their former employees not to write them down as work history on their resume. Saying "you can not rely on Konami's name to land you a job"

Here's a video of 10 of Konami's biggest fails too

If I can pretend this is the WR for a minute, there was a big to do involving Nazis last night. I saw this tweet of them chanting about stick bundles and couldn't help but notice the cadence.

Can we talk about Konami. At one point they were titans of the video game industry.

Had Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania, Silent Hill, Contra, Frogger, TMNT (Turtles in Time)

Now over the past few years, they have just sat back and let these franchises rot.

Castlevania hasn't had a new game in years. They did at one point announce a new Silent Hill, called Silent Hills which had the gaming world incredibly hyped. Then out of nowhere they cancel it.

They fired Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima, essentially ending Metal Gear Solid as a franchise. No wait, they did announce Metal Gear Survive some dumb as fuck zombie survival game. Kojima was asked about this game at a panel and he was seen laughing then asked "what do zombies have to do with MGS?". Konami then sent him a letter telling him to stop talking about their game because he is TARNISHING their reputation!

How come no new Contra? Not even HD upgrades for the Switch or something?

They are a complete disaster of a company now.

There is also this gem

Konami showcased their new music rhythm game, Rock Revolution and failed playing it! They then went on to sue Activision and Harmonix the two studios responsible for the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games.

Konami was also recently in the news telling their former employees not to write them down as work history on their resume. Saying "you can not rely on Konami's name to land you a job"

Here's a video of 10 of Konami's biggest fails too

I'm not the biggest MGS fan, but I've always heard that Kojima dude was a bit of a hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back