Poll: Should Fearless Girl statue also be torn down?

Should Fearless Girl statue also be torn down?

• Total voters
Take it down. We have no way of knowing where on the gender spectrum she identifies.

Fearless Transgender Boy

Shit im sorry I mean Fearless Non Gender Binary Individual.

whew good thing im no longer in California because I would have gotten thrown in jail for saying that

also, too thin.
under-representation of the fat girls constituency.

Also true.

For all I know the being that is the statue could've been a furry and only wanted to stop the bull and make sweet sweet bull sex.

I have a much bigger problem with corporate appropriation of public art than I do with statues remembering confederate military leaders.

So is the fearless girl a feminist statue?

I don't really get it.

So is the fearless girl a feminist statue?

I don't really get it.

It's hard to know until we get enough sides protesting various points about the statue.

Does it make me sexist calling it fearless girl?

Man I'm so lost in today's world.

If I have a seizure and need medicine in an ambulance, 2 pills cost me $65. A months supply of the same medicine costs me $7 with insurance.

But let's talk about statues sarcastically like the entire forum lives in cali.

Did she lead a rebellion in an attempt to overthrow the American government?

If not, then I believe, whatever other nuance there is to this, that we may be drawing a false equivalency.

I have a much bigger problem with corporate appropriation of public art than I do with statues remembering confederate military leaders.
agree with this so much.
it's going to be a huge problem in the next decades.

I am watching this latest american hysteria about tearing down all sorts of statues. i see many arguments being thrown around for the removal of a lot of historical monuments in the US. Given that the are only a limited number of confederate statues to be torn down, i believe the force of this latest movement will reach other monuments as well, that might be seen as uncomfortable/triggering for certain people.

In this context, there are people that might argue that the Fearless Girl statue presents an unfair image of young girls, meaning thin, with facial characteristics that leave out a significant portion of the population, wearing clothers that are clearly derived from the oppressive patriarchal model, and, for the people that read books, conjures the picture of the Minotaur (the bull in front) in a threatening pose, maybe a metaphor for rape.

What do you guys think? i am an European, curios about your answers.
thanks.

28XP-GIRL-01p-master768.jpg
d7c7a050465cd0e1eea943393093b0781c90cab072013062474b1a5783f66054.jpg

If I have a seizure and need medicine in an ambulance, 2 pills cost me $65. A months supply of the same medicine costs me $7 with insurance.

But let's talk about statues sarcastically like the entire forum lives in cali.

That would make for one heck of a statue.

Did she lead a rebellion in an attempt to overthrow the American government?

If not, then I believe, whatever other nuance there is to this, that we may be drawing a false equivalency.
well, if one makes the argument that the US government is always at a risk of being co-opted (which is the same as it being overthrown, since it no longer represents the will of the people) by the corporate world, and she is a piece of art financed by the same corporate world, i think one can make the equivalency quite nice and easy.

sounds like a man that's worth having a statue of, right?

Yeah. Engrave it with his words about the South losing the civil war needing to move on and put it in front of every Southern capital building.

# of "leftists" discussing statues today: 0

# of "conservatives" discussing statues today: Look at the thread.

Remind me who's making these statues such a big deal again? Anyone here identifying as left give a shit about these statues?

Yeah. Engrave it with his words about the South losing the civil war needing to move on and put it in front of every Southern capital building.
would such a monument, which i think is a good idea, survive today's iconoclastic movement?
since i have seen little to suggest interest for the finer points of nuance in this whole debacle.

# of "leftists" discussing statues today: 0

# of "conservatives" discussing statues today: Look at the thread.

Remind me who's making these statues such a big deal again? Anyone here identifying as left give a shit about these statues?
what left symbolic statues are being thrown down today so it might represent a big deal for the left?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back