"I promise to hurt guys (this time), and finish fights." - GSP

easy to say when your next opponent is michael fucking bisping
Bisping has been finished 3 times in his career by Hendo (TRT version), Vitor (also TRT version), and Rockhold. Getting finished 3 times is not insignificant. But given his tenure in the UFC and his strength of schedule, it would be foolish to say he's an easy out.

“I’ve trained a lot of things,” St-Pierre said. “I’m gonna be more there to hurt guys and to go for the finish. To submit, to break. To go for the break. To go for the knockout or go for the break if i have a submission. Until he taps. I’m gonna be more opportunistic.”

St-Pierre, 36, acknowledged that toward the end of his reign as UFC 170-pound champion, he was not necessarily going for finishes all the time. “Rush” said he was “overthinking a little bit too much” and focusing on just doing what he was doing to win rather than trying to get a stoppage.

“If he doesn’t open up, you keep doing what you do well to win the fight,” St-Pierre. “You’re winning, so you don’t necessarily change.”

No longer, GSP said. When he comes back to the UFC, he said he plans on going for the finish, especially in fights in which he senses his opponent has broken. That will be different from the past, he said.

“They were accepting the defeat,” St-Pierre said of previous opponents. “They knew they were going to lose before the end of the fight. They were fighting to not get beat up too much instead of fighting to win.

“On my side, I was fighting to win, but it’s hard. You know that if you’re exposing yourself [to] useless openings, [you can] get beat up.”

“It will be tough,” St-Pierre said. “Michael is a very courageous man. He always comes forward. He never backs down. Mentally, he’s very tough.”

But if there are openings, chances to end the fight against Bisping, St-Pierre is adamant that he’ll take them.

“I made my training to be more opportunistic,” GSP said, “to be more angry on the finish.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/...fc-return-im-gonna-be-more-there-to-hurt-guys

C'mon b, this thread's already on the first page.

Hell it's only like 5 threads down.

GSP is a bigger troll than we thought, anyone who believes his lies are either 1) Canadian or 2) delusional.

Bisping has been finished 3 times in his career by Hendo (TRT version), Vitor (also TRT version), and Rockhold. Getting finished 3 times is not insignificant. But given his tenure in the UFC and his strength of schedule, it would be foolish to say he's an easy out.
easiest fight in the top 10 imo

ts is going for the break, said he was over thinking his threads a little too much

giphy.gif

More funny is him saying he's going to go "for the break" on submissions. People made fun of him for not being able to finish the kimura on Dan Hardy. GSP said he just didn't know how to finish the technique but you could tell he was just afraid to really crank it. Sounds like he's still sore from that.

easy to say when your next opponent is michael fucking bisping

GSP couldn't finish a one-eyed Josh Koscheck.

Why should I believe him when he says this about Bisping.

His dark side promoting schtick got old years ago.

Last edited:
Back