Total Solar Eclipse

I am in North Eastern Oregon so I got a partial eclipse. It was pretty trippy. The temperature dropped and it started getting darker, like it was dusk. The lines were pretty cool. I work outside in a big parking lot so I saw them pretty clear against ground. Almost looked wave like. Like if you shined light through water bottle, but everywhere.
Fucking awesome.
Can you imagine what people thought about eclipses before there was a natural explanation?

Eye doctors in a couple weeks be like

6c2f38735fa396c2a1649f7dbb6bc342.jpg
And every one of them should ask, "Didn't you read the reports telling you not to stare at it??"

Fucking awesome.
Can you imagine what people thought about eclipses before there was a natural explanation?

Get yourself one of these if you want to know how people explained natural phenomenon in ancient times.

bible6.jpg

I borrowed classes at work a few times but made one of those stupid boxes to view it through last night. Got some cool pics through it.

I'm going to fly out to the next totality. Based on my brother's crummy iphone video, I think the experience will be totally worth it

We had totality here in STL. But the aliens didn't come for me.

<DCrying><DCrying><DCrying><DCrying><DCrying><DCrying>
I'm over in St Charles. A few aliens but no probes. I never did get a great look at it unfortunately. Sun was still pretty rough on the eyes even when cars had their headlights on. I was hoping to see the sun's atmosphere clearly for a moment but no dice.

I'm going to fly out to the next totality. Based on my brother's crummy iphone video, I think the experience will be totally worth it

Next one is in south America according to a google search, and most of it will be in the pacific.

Here's a cool graphic for America.

21stCenturyNorthAmericanEclipses.png

I'm over in St Charles. A few aliens but no probes. I never did get a great look at it unfortunately. Sun was still pretty rough on the eyes even when cars had their headlights on. I was hoping to see the sun's atmosphere clearly for a moment but no dice.

I viewed it from work in Maplehood.

Next one is in south America according to a google search, and most of it will be in the pacific.

Here's a cool graphic for America.

21stCenturyNorthAmericanEclipses.png
I could have sworn I heard there was one on 2024. Btw, my brother also lives in STL, Misery...... if I had known, I would have crashed at his place.

Holy crapoly, it's all semi dark here20170821_144035.jpg

I could have sworn I heard there was one on 2024. Btw, my brother also lives in STL, Misery...... if I had known, I would have crashed at his place.

Looks like you are talking about the one that starts in TX and cuts north east going through IL, IN, OH and so on.

Looks like STL will be just on the border of the 2024 one. Might have to travel east a few miles into IL though for best viewing. Stop at the strip clubs over there too while your at it.

This is fkn weird and awesome, it just got super dark where I am in N.Y. 1503340942114231835200.jpg

Fkn amazing

Light & dark at the same time

Just think about it, there are people who have been born, went to school, raised a family, retired, and died and never lived long enough to see one in their own backyard.

Back