Total Solar Eclipse

Yeah it was amazing. I tried to get a pic with my phone but it just looked like the sun, but scaled down :(
Yeah it got down to a really small point that was easy to look at for a couple seconds. Not quite what I expected, still neat.

I wonder if my cats got confused, woke up and started meowing next to their full food bowls like they do at 3 am.

Only a partial eclipse where i live, went out with a welders mask to see what all the fuss was about, nothing amazing.

I was in the total eclipse here in Mexico back in 1991.

Fkn weird , sun is bright as hell, but I put 2 pairs of sunglasses on and BAM I saw the eclipse

hey @Overpressure you seem to know your eclipse shit.

My dad tried doing the box thing where you have a hole in a box and it slowely gets covered. he said he has done it during dozens of eclipses his whole life and this is the first time it didn't work at all.

Is there any reason for this? Were we too close to the eclipse area?

My dad tried doing the box thing where you have a hole in a box and it slowely gets covered. he said he has done it during dozens of eclipses his whole life and this is the first time it didn't work at all.

I did the same thing and it worked great. Not as good as looking at it with glasses, but still got the job done.

Yes, it does and is easily explained. One celestial object has to pass in front of the other and that is all.

What is the predicted size of the sun and moon and distance away from each other and the earth? This way we can see if it matches the eclipse path.

What is the predicted size of the sun and moon and distance away from each other and the earth? This way we can see if it matches the eclipse path.
No clue. Flat Earther's haven't calculated the suns path and things of that nature to such of a degree as far as I know.

I've done solar projections.
The only guess I'd have is maybe the hole was not the right size or it just wasn't catching a direct line of sight to the sun's disc?
It's a simple set up so it ought to have worked just like usual.

And still no Cthulhu....sigh.

It's beautiful for us that the apparent size of each almost perfectly covers the other.
In ten thousand years there won't be total solar eclipses, since the Moon is slowly receding from us.
It'll be a ring shaped event with Sun bursting through the mountain ranges at the edge of the Moon, like a diamond ring.

@DynamicLoosener

wKY25MW.jpg

0OgpCYP.jpg

No clue. Flat Earther's haven't calculated the suns path and things of that nature to such of a degree as far as I know.

Why wouldn't they? They have the regions of illumination and the size and path of the total eclipse confirmed by observers. The calculations should not be that difficult.

Only a partial eclipse where i live, went out with a welders mask to see what all the fuss was about, nothing amazing.

I was in the total eclipse here in Mexico back in 1991.

I remember that one. I was kid but i swear it got darker here in SoCal for that one than todays. Todays felt like a cloud pass by the sun.

Back