Mayweather/McGregor Discussion

Who wins?

• Total voters
Someone said he punched him in the leg and made him cramp. Now imagine if it was a kick.

I remember this sub thought wards nut shots were not low yet a punch that lands on the hip bone is now low? Give me a break

Not seeing it, nor did the Showtime commentators. I think Bayless has a point.

I have it in HD recorded on a 55 inch television and it's as clear as day pal.

Shots that hit the belt AND THE STOMACH can be considered legal. That shot hit no flesh at all. It was 100% belt which is 100% illegal when the shorts don't go up past the belly button. None of this is disputable. The ref saw it and called it low but not until AFTER connor had yet again put himself behind Floyd which meant the ref had to separate them anyway.

Just stop dude.

Lol. Low blow. Apparently, only skip is complaining about it. Thats what he does

kinda troubling to see some of great commentators for boxing sell out for this debacle, i mean i know they want to be around a big event and i also know they have to maintain some semblance of non-bias as journalists but seeing bernstein do the fight, and even not state the obvious, that for much of the fight, conor looked amateurish, is a bit troubling, i know he can't say that because he's being paid by people who are selling the event but it makes me lose a bit of respect for him. The others? Steve Farhood and Skip Bayless, they seemed to see what they wanted to see that's not good either, strange event, strange effect it had on everyone. Even the fighters seemed to act strangely.

Only after being bailed out by Byrd.
Low or not (I thought it was low)Byrd didn't bail him out. Conor hit him, floyd went back and Conor took his back lol. Conor was the one that went to hold. If he didn't hold Bryd doesn't even get involved.

I remember this sub thought wards nut shots were not low yet a punch that lands on the hip bone is now low? Give me a break

If I recall correctly, you predicted Conor to win, didn't you?

Low or not (I thought it was low)Byrd didn't bail him out. Conor hit him, floyd went back and Conor took his back lol. Conor was the one that went to hold. If he didn't hold Bryd doesn't even get involved.

Yeah, I think Byrd missed the blatant low blow, yet all Conor did was clinch with Mayweather and move to his back (ensuring that he'd break the clinch). I think all Floyd was ever doing was hamming up the blatant low blow as evidenced by the fact that Floyd beat McGregor around the ring for the rest of the round.

Skip Bayless is the biggest piece of shit in that line of work.

How can he live with himself? He makes Stephen A. Smith look like a genius and
that's nothing short of a miracle.

kinda troubling to see some of great commentators for boxing sell out for this debacle, i mean i know they want to be around a big event and i also know they have to maintain some semblance of non-bias as journalists but seeing bernstein do the fight, and even not state the obvious, that for much of the fight, conor looked amateurish, is a bit troubling, i know he can't say that because he's being paid by people who are selling the event but it makes me lose a bit of respect for him. The others? Steve Farhood and Skip Bayless, they seemed to see what they wanted to see that's not good either, strange event, strange effect it had on everyone. Even the fighters seemed to act strangely.

I was genuinely surprised by Bernstein's call. Ranallo is a jackass and it's not surprising to see him act like an idiot when MMA has something to gain, but Bernstein's usually very respectable. You could tell Paulie was getting close to slapping them both throughout the fight. Farhood's card was also a joke. Skip Bayless is paid to be an idiot. He's the one I let off the hook.

Skip Bayless is the biggest piece of shit in that line of work.

How can he live with himself? He makes Stephen A. Smith look like a genius and
that's nothing short of a miracle.

Skip can live with himself by making a lot of money being the 21st century's example of an extreme polemicist (which happens to be a raging lunatic).

Mayweather hammed it up. He was separated because McGregor took his back anyway so it made no difference whatsoever. But yes it was a low blow and that was obvious.

You guys also forget that McGregor chased Floyd to the corner and basically just leaned on him instead of punching him.

99JpXF.jpg

mZwnOf.jpg

Now, in this last pick you can clearly see the shorts being lifted up from the impact of the LOW BLOW. Conor's hand HAS TO touch the shorts in order to produce this effect. If the punch was to the body or the belt line, the shorts wouldn't move up like that. That's a clear hard shot upwards. It starts right below the belt and moves up.

That's the impact of the hand in his shorts after the low blow. If that punch had not touched Floyd below the belt, there is absolutely NO WAY Floyd's shorts would have moved up like that. That was a low blow, and an hard one.

Back