Rose might just shock the world, It's Silly to count her out

didn't say Joanna was defeated. I said she has a suspect chin. But I knew you would backpedal and move the goalposts when confronted with evidence.

But it isn't exactly problem when fighter with 8-0 UFC looks beatable, otherwise she will end like DJ.

You have Ali in your AV talking about how good Rose's boxing is. Stop embarrassing yourself.
I wasn't "talking about how good It is". I said It was underrated. Which is a fair statement.

standards In boxing and MMA are two different things.

There aren't many in MMA who would be considered Impressive by boxing standards outside of a select few.

Rose Is aight tho. Underrated was a good word

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Rose wins. Claudia G. took Joanna down multiple times but could not get the submission. Rose's ground game is high level for WMMA, she has submitted plenty of people. One wrong move and Rose subs Joanna.

Rose is gonna get beaten to a pulp here. That jab and right hand gonna land all night over and over and over. And JJ will dominate her in the clinch and near the cage.

The problem is that Joanna does nothing but throw weak leg kicks and run these days,

Run? She's broken the record for most landed strikes in a UFC fight multiple times.

She also landed flush head-kicks in her last fight that would finish women who aren't built like tanks the way Andrade is.

She doesn't have KO power, but it's just dumb to say she runs when she's probably the highest volume striker in the whole sport. Was she supposed to stand still and let Andrade tee off on her? Would that make her a better fighter in your eyes, letting her opponent hit her?

It's going to be another boring 50-45 unanimous decision Joann "striking clinic" sparring session.

<1>

Claudia dropping Joanna with a jab:

di1Q1kD.gif

KK turning Joanna's legs into spaghetti:

Andrade doesn't rock Joanna once despite nailing her with flush shots several times. Neither does Val, and she disfigured Joanna nearly as bad as Karolina did.

Who's counting her out? Not me. People said the same thing about her just before she wrecked Waterson. She's easily the baddest ass in the division without a "C" by her name. I think it's gonna be a great fight. If Rose can take her down it could be a whole different ballgame. Of course "getting her down" is the big question. Joanna's got great TDD.

there was a nasty picture I saw of JJ recently and her nose was bandaged with 2 black eyes. I wonder if she has a broken nose and if Rose can capitalize on that.

I'm not counting Rose out. She's one of the few girls with legitimate coaches, and not to mention sparing with Valentina for over a year.

Rose does terribly in the fights that matter.

Lost TUF
Lost number 1 contender fight

Shes gonna lose this one too.

Hopefully not. Don't really want that mug as champion.

I still think unless Valentina moves all the way down to 115, that Clauda is the worst matchup for Joanna. If only she could improve her cardio, whenever she's fresh she usually kicks Joanna's ass.

I don't think Rose gets Joanna even if they do hit the ground. Joanna doesn't carelessly leave openings to be exploited and tenaciously fights for hand and wrist control while quickly getting back to her feet. I can see her frustrating Rose with her tenacity.

lol people overuse that "shock the world" phrase way too much

I made the claim that Joanna has a suspect chin.

That guy laughed it off.

I substantiated my claim with good evidence.

I never claimed that Claudia knocked out Joanna or that KK made Joanna bleed profusely.
naw, she recovered. Suspect chin is luke rockhold..... alistar overeem....

Rose does terribly in the fights that matter.

Lost TUF
Lost number 1 contender fight

Shes gonna lose this one too.
well she's young.

She lost against Karolina when she was 23. Carla when she was 21. It's clear that her biggest Issue Is mental. Just performing when It really counts, living up to that potential.

But, when you're that young..It's not an uncommon Issue. Sometimes your biggest opponent Is yourself.

She looked very on point against Waterson. A fight most people thought she would lose as well.

It should be Interesting to see If she has matured In that sense and performs under the lights.

But ya, again..when a person Is super young, It's hard to really define them as a person / fighter based on their past losses..they're always changing and evolving.

It does seem like she's truly coming Into her own now. She's firey. But we'll see

Back