GGG vs. Canelo, Who Won?

Who won the fight?

• Gennady Golovkin

• Canelo Alvarez

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
I hope Canelo sees this poll tonight. Not his fault, he doesnt control the judges but still. He talked an awful lot of shit after getting the gift of a lifetime with the decision....

I honestly feel that judge should go to prison, or at least be sued hard by GGG and lose her license to be judge.

Famous reactions to the decision:

I agree with all of the above. This is absolutely insane! Boxing politics are so corrupt.
I think we can all agree with UFC FN blew boxing out of the water tonight.

It sucks that the fight was actually really good between two of the sports best but because of the decision the attention is focused away.

I didn't have a horse in this race. GGG was robbed and that 118-110 should be enough to get her credentials removed.

GGG will likely get robbed worse, aka a loss, in a rematch.

This guy said the same thing at 57:04

Corrupt judge is corrupt.

Boxing is gay, European football is more gay, Cricket is most gay.

HAHA. Conor is LOL now drinking Conor whiskey in his Conor Lambo. Boxing is corrupt as F. Anybody who awarded that fight to Cannelo are corrupt or blind.

I just rewatched and scored it again.
7 to 5 for canelo. Ggg missed too much.
cristiano-ronaldo.gif

Adalaide Byrd is a great boxing judge, the least corrupt.

- CJ Ross

Obviously the three best MWs in the world. Which fight was better? Which fight was scored better? After seeing both vs GGG, who would you pick in a Canelo - Jacobs fight?

Conor or Horn. SuperMan punch of doom

JCC-Roger-Mayweather.gif

Eh, I mean I thought it was crystal clear that canelo was the better boxer. Not even really close imo. ggg is the bigger guy & was walking forward throwing a decent amount but not really landing anything clean or hard enough to matter. Canelo slipped/ blocked the majority of that shit. Canelo landed the MUCH better shots throughout the fight. I could see arguing for a ggg split just because of the walking forward but I thought canelo won 7/5.

Canelo landed the better % overall & in power punches by a significant margin. Ggg landed a few more punches total and more jabs but lower %

Last edited:
Controversial judge, always has been.

The draw was fine but that score is out there.

This was the exact sentiment at the fight party I was at. GGG had the slight favorite but that judge left a bad taste in everyone's mouth with that score.

I had it 7 rounds to 5 for GGG, but I don't feel comfortable about some of those rounds, so I'm gonna need a rewatch here.

Great fight through and through, tainted by that one shit scorecard.

Let's do it again! (Byrd need not apply)

Nice to know boxing is still fixed as all hell. Time to stop watching again.
go away, boxing does not need you. other then the 118 110 score, if you read the responses in these threads, it was 50/50 as to who everyone thought won which is a draw

Anyone else kinda shocked that GGG didn't murder Canelo's body when he had him against the ropes? I kept waiting for him to throw a solid head shot, connect with that and fake another shot to the head, then hit him with the crippler to the body. Canelo was clearly tired AF and a few solid body shots would open that head right up and stop all that dancing around.

Very surprised and somewhat disappointed. Most of the people I was watching the fight with including me were saying that too. It looked as if he was tentative to unload when he had Canelo on the ropes. But that looping left hook to the body was there for him all day. Why he didn't throw it more often, we'll never know.

You can speculate that he was hesitant about getting countered, but there were times where he would unload a 3-4 punch combination against Canelo on the ropes but just totally headhunt with every punch.

go away, boxing does not need you. other then the 118 110 score, if you read the responses in these threads, it was 50/50 as to who everyone thought won which is a draw

406 to like 40 in the poll so no I wouldnt say 50-50..

8-4 Golovkin.

Some bullshit opinions being thrown about. That 118-110 judge should be publicly flogged.

i had it 116-112 golovkin, with two rounds i wasn't sure about that could easily go either way, but gave each fighter one of those rounds.

canelo fought well to begin the fight, and fought well to end it. but ggg fought well late, too, so it wasn't like canelo took the fight from him in the championship rounds.

i would've been fine with close scorecards, but this wasn't a fucking draw. 118-110 is horrendous. it's on par with his 114-114 score in the mayweather fight. complete, utter, absolute bullshit, and that cunt of a judge needs to be investigated for corruption. there is no way she can justify that scorecard, and if she keeps her job the entire athletic commission can go fuck themselves.

Modern Box is so bullshit sport, really. Anybody who have some brains understand Golovkin win.

Back