GGG vs. Canelo, Who Won?

Who won the fight?

• Gennady Golovkin

• Canelo Alvarez

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
I had it 7-5 for either guy. Two rounds could have gone either way. Draw sounds about right. Canelo looked tired in the end but was never hurt.

Canelo won 7-5. Remember, the poll asks who won the fight, not who you wanted to win.

GGG just doesn't live up to the hype (mind you, I didn't score based on this, as his fans do). Plain and simple, Danny Jacobs exposed him.

Meh. Jacobs didn't "expose" GGG, he lost a close decision to him (for the record I scored it 114-113 for Jacobs) because Danny is another excellent MW who would likely stick and move his way to a clear decision against Canelo.

Meh. Jacobs didn't "expose" GGG, he lost a close decision to him (for the record I scored it 114-113 for Jacobs) because Danny is another excellent MW who would likely stick and move his way to a clear decision against Canelo.
For me Jacobs looks better vs GGG than Canelo.

For me Jacobs looks better vs GGG than Canelo.

Agreed. I got Jacobs and GGG winning the 2 fights. Jacobs started slow but round after round he got GGG of off him and made him guess. Canelo fought GGG's fight, even if he did a great job at slipping and countering.

Canelo won 7-5. Remember, the poll asks who won the fight, not who you wanted to win.

GGG just doesn't live up to the hype (mind you, I didn't score based on this, as his fans do). Plain and simple, Danny Jacobs exposed him.
is your last name byrd, by any chance?

canelo fought well, but he lost, and he lost convincingly. draw is bullshit, but it's somehow in the realm of reality. barely, but it's there. canelo winning is some alternative universe shit.

Heck a blind squirrel could have done better. I think she would be better suited calling Bingo games or eating contests.

115-113 Saul. Cleaner harder punches, better defense. Close tight though and could go either way.

maxresdefault.jpg

tumblr_okni4t3lvq1tlb56zo1_250.gif

The lopsidedness of this poll is baffling. It was such a close fight. Canelo landed cleaner and harder but with lower output than GGG who didn't really land that many hard shots. Calling it a robbery is just moronic.

Another weird observation: I for sure thought Canelo would have been hurt by something throughout the fight given GGG's tendency to send people to the shadow realm, but I don't think it happened once in the fight. Sure, they both landed some flush hard shots, but neither of them put the other on queer street.

If the same thing happens in the rematch, I say Canelo starts winning those swing rounds. GGG did look great, but some of those signs of father time are starting to show and Canelo is just now entering his prime. I have a gut feeling Canelo takes that second fight and rather handily, although in my opinion he did lose tonight. But in a much closer fight than some of you are letting on. This wasn't a cakewalk by GGG at all.

Amybody got a gif of that HUGE overhand right Canelo fed to GGG? I think it was at the end of the 9th or 10th round.

116-112 Golovkin, but I could see 115-113 Golovkin. That's it. No draw, and absolutely no fucking Canelo win.

This leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I like both Golovkin and Canelo, I liked the build up to the fight, I liked the fight, and I thought the fight elevated both fighters. To have it end like this is horrible.

G won that fight. He's getting up there in years and could drop off at any time. The fact that boxing stole his defining moment in the sport in favor a protecting a cash cow is disgraceful.

I thought GGG won the fight, but it was razor close. I honestly don't know who won what round. I think 7-5 GGG would be my score. But I could see 7-5 Canelo.

GGG, no doubt about it. People can say it was close to justify a shit decision, but anyone with eyes knows the truth. Boxing has been corrupt for ages, so the result didn't surprise me. I almost expect it now.

116-112 Golovkin, but I could see 115-113 Golovkin. That's it. No draw, and absolutely no fucking Canelo win.

This leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I like both Golovkin and Canelo, I liked the build up to the fight, I liked the fight, and I thought the fight elevated both fighters. To have it end like this is horrible.

G won that fight. He's getting up there in years and could drop off at any time. The fact that boxing stole his defining moment in the sport in favor a protecting a cash cow is disgraceful.

Good post. I actually turned to my friends when watching the eighth & said, kinda jokingly, "Well, they've got Canelo up nine rounds by now!"

Little did I know etc.

I don't watch enough boxing to call it. I do know that every time Adelaide Byrd has been on a mMa carrs ahe has made some fucking horrific calls that make you wonder if she's was even watching the fight.

When I saw her judging this fight I thought well, maybe boxing is her thing and she should stick to that. But apparently not.

Who is she fucking to stay employed? Or threatening to fuck...

I guess I saw a different fight. I saw ggg throw a bunch of weak punches but never any hard shots. Canelo landed just as much as him but with less volume and he put more power into some of them. I thought a draw was fair.

Back