GGG vs. Canelo, Who Won?

Who won the fight?

• Gennady Golovkin

• Canelo Alvarez

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
But who landed the good power shots? GGG looked weak as shit and ate power shots all over the place. He couldn't even do anything while Canelo was backed against the ropes. Canelo made him look washed up.

Mcgregor fucked Mayweather up for 3 rounds, sure. That's obvious for all to see.

You have zero credibility.

one judge's subjective viewing being off is one thing, a judge giving gennady golovkin 2 rounds in that fight is something else entirely.

it doesn't matter if she's corrupt, or wildly incompetent. she is judging one of the most important fights in recent history and she is doing a horrendous job. there is no excuse for the 118-110 card, and the boxing community calling for her head is completely justified.

people saying "well, she was just a bit off" is what's enabling shit like this to happen. there needs to be constant pressure on the commissions to clean up their act, or we get buffoons like this bitch ruining fighters' careers.
I'm not defending her. I'm shutting down this paid off conspiracy shit. This is a meme that has to die. Boxing fans push it and don't realize the damage they do to the sport by keeping it alive. We dont even get real discussions of the things we should change in the sport because everyone goes to their evidence free bribery conspiracies. By all means go after her but stop with the nonsense.

Everyone always favors the younger or slicker fighter in a rematch. I think GGG takes the next one. After about the first half of the fight he realized Canelo couldn't hurt him and just kept on coming forward. He just can't let him slide away from that RH as easily.

You're as dumb as a box of rocks. Read the first sentence, if you can, and then kindly go away.

"Gennady Gennadyevich Golovkin (Kazakh: Геннадий Геннадьевич Головкин; born 8 April 1982), often known by his nickname "GGG" or "Triple G", is a Kazakhstani professional boxerwho currently holds the unified WBA (Super), WBC, IBF, and IBO middleweight titles."

LOL, so every boxer, trainer, and analyst who says it was a robbery is wrong, it's Symphonic1770 the shertard we should all listen to.

Couldn't care less about any of those guys. I'm only concerned with who objectively fought the better fight in that ring, and that's Canelo, and it isn't even close. He imposed his will in that fight. GGG looked shocked and shaken. Canelo danced all over that ring with his feet and all over GGG's face with his hands. Golovkin kept up that overhyped "pressure" only because he couldn't catch Canelo with jack shit and was forced to chase him like a headless chicken. Didn't do him any good, though, because he never penetrated Canelo's defense but for a single decent shot in round 5. He got schooled and you know it deep down.

Most of the analysts are too caught up in trying to impose their subjective desires on the objective facts.

But who landed the good power shots? GGG looked weak as shit and ate power shots all over the place. He couldn't even do anything while Canelo was backed against the ropes. Canelo made him look washed up.

Mcgregor fucked Mayweather up for 3 rounds, sure. That's obvious for all to see.
canelo landed 114 power shots, ggg landed 110. i don't know what you're trying to insinuate here, they both landed the good power shots. GGG looked so weak canelo kept his hands home for several rounds together, lol.

who pressed the action? who was in the other guy's face and kept him on the ropes the entire time? who jabbed the other guy all night long?

but hey, your last sentence says enough about your knowledge of boxing, and your credibility in this debate.

You're as dumb as a box of rocks. Read the first sentence, if you can, and then kindly go away.

"Gennady Gennadyevich Golovkin (Kazakh: Геннадий Геннадьевич Головкин; born 8 April 1982), often known by his nickname "GGG" or "Triple G", is a Kazakhstani professional boxerwho currently holds the unified WBA (Super), WBC, IBF, and IBO middleweight titles."

I've read the first sentence, but you need to read beyond it.

His ethnicity is Russian, his nationality is Kazakh. He identifies as Russian. He's Russian.

http://newamericamedia.org/2015/09/a-triple-g-force-to-be-reckoned-with.php

"I have more interest from Russian people because that’s what I am.”

You dun goofed again son.

Couldn't care less about any of those guys. I'm only concerned with who objectively fought the better fight in that ring, and that's Canelo, and it isn't even close. He imposed his will in that fight. GGG looked shocked and shaken. Canelo danced all over that ring with his feet and all over GGG's face with his hands. Golovkin kept up that overhyped "pressure" only because he couldn't catch Canelo with jack shit and was forced to chase him like a headless chicken. Didn't do him any good, though, because he never penetrated Canelo's defense but for a single decent shot in round 5. He got schooled and you know it deep down.

Most of the analysts are too caught up in trying to impose their subjective desires on the objective facts.

You don't know shit though, so I'll defer to common sense and the fact that everyone and their dog had it for GGG. It's not like Lennox, Atlas or Malignaggi have something to gain by calling it a robbery, but you're just a butthurt Canelo dickrider so your opinion is meaningless.

He's of Russian and Korean descent.

200px-Adalaide.jpg

still dunno WTF shes doing judging fights

she should be judging hot dog eating contests

Or munching on a bag of hay somewhere.

And as far as Canelo saying he never felt GGG's power? Is that why he was on his bike 80% of the time? Jesus, it was like watching Lara fight.

I'm not defending her. I'm shutting down this paid off conspiracy shit. This is a meme that has to die. Boxing fans push it and don't realize the damage they do to the sport by keeping it alive. We dont even get real discussions of the things we should change in the sport because everyone goes to their evidence free bribery conspiracies. By all means go after her but stop with the nonsense.
that would be fair, but there is a point at which even incompetence becomes a weak excuse.

take a look at her scorecard. no need to watch the entire fight again, but do me a favour and watch round 8 again. gennady almost doubles canelo in landed punches, he keeps him on the ropes for large portions of the round, the last 30 seconds canelo does nothing but move away and cover up. byrd gave that round 10-9 to canelo.

i would wager this isn't the first time she's scored a fight. "she got it wrong" doesn't cut it, here. you don't get things like that wrong. close rounds i'm fine with, even competitive rounds where one guy has the advantage can sometimes be wrongly interpreted... but rounds where one guy clearly has every advantage, scored wrongly by an experienced judge? what else do you expect people to assume, other than corruption?

I've read the first sentence, but you need to read beyond it.

His ethnicity is Russian, his nationality is Kazakh. He identifies as Russian. He's Russian.

http://newamericamedia.org/2015/09/a-triple-g-force-to-be-reckoned-with.php

"I have more interest from Russian people because that’s what I am.”

You dun goofed again son.

Nope. He's Kazakh. You can't pick and choose where you're from. In any case, you thought Conor gave it to Floyd so your credibility about boxing is zero. Go back to watching sweaty men rolling on the floor.

90% don't think Canelo won. When 90% of viewers disagree with your assessment you seriously need to consider the possibility that you may be delusional.

The fact that Alverez was fighting 147 and 154 just recewntly is absurd. The dude is built like a brick shit house and did not get outmuscled in clinches by GGG at all.

This draw is fucking ridiculous

GGG took it

Canelo wasn't exactly helpless but couldnt convince

Back