Why is Butterbean never mentioned in MMA vs Boxing talks?

method=get&s=butterbean-gif.gif

He did KO "the best brawler of WWF(E) so the man had lots of crossover appeal

giphy.gif
Exactly. He's also the WWE GOAT.

He does somewhat dispel the myth that you always need to be a good athlete with years of cross training to beat anyone with grappling experience. But there are people posting on sherdog who think they can take on elite, World champion boxers in a 'real fight' just because they wrestled in high school or attend some low end grappling class once or twice a week.
It's the same kind of dorks that think boxing is fighting lol

roy nelson filled that niche in the UFC. and dana didnt even want that.

Totally serious question here.

Butterbean started as a Boxer in the early 90's and made his MMA debut in 2003, he has 90+ professional boxing fights, and almost 30 professional MMA fights, however, when we talk about MMA vs Boxing the only fights that come up are Couture vs Toney and Silvya vs Mercer...

Not only has Butterbean fought more MMA fights, but he also has more wins via submission than TKO o KO. I think he makes for a more interesting case when debating between MMA and Boxing, what do you guys think?
Probably because of the obesity.
THIS!

Butterbean started as a Boxer in the early 90's and made his MMA debut in 2003, he has 90+ professional boxing fights, and almost 30 professional MMA fights, however, when we talk about MMA vs Boxing the only fights that come up are Couture vs Toney and Silvya vs Mercer...

Not only has Butterbean fought more MMA fights, but he also has more wins via submission than TKO o KO. I think he makes for a more interesting case when debating between MMA and Boxing, what do you guys think?
boxe1.png box MMA.png boxe2.png

Then he had a sex change and fought under the name "Ronda Rousey."

say what you want about him, his overhand right and chin were good. plus he's always been fat so that's impressive too.

Wasn't he for the most part a trash boxer boxing other trash boxers and a trash MMA fighter fighting other trash MMA fighters for the most part?
Don’t all boxing superstars begin their professional carreers doing so?

lets talk boxing, Tyson never fought Foreman, Morrison, or Bowe, avoided Lewis, and lost to the other great fighter of his time Holyfield, twice

I was just surprised to see a thread about BB in 2k17...

Because he fought at Super Heavyweight or openweight.

Plus, his wins in Pride are against Zuluzinho and a WWF guy. Minowaman was outweighed by over 200 pounds and still armbarred him.

Lol. According to Fedor fans Zulu is a GOAT win. Bean was a pioneer for sure, dude was popular as fuck back in the day. People largely forget but Butterbean pretty much became a household name after Jack ass.

Butterbean admiration is a litmus test for people who don't know anything about boxing. Commonly used reference point for fake fans of the sport.

lets talk boxing, Tyson never fought Foreman, Morrison, or Bowe, avoided Lewis, and lost to the other great fighter of his time Holyfield, twice

The Tyson that fought Holyfield was already past his prime, and was a mentally defeated fighter. Tyson did eventually fight Lewis in a fight he probably shouldn't have taken in the first place.

Between losing Cus D'Amato, firing Kevin Rooney and drinking the Don King kool-aid, Tyson was completely fucked with no direction. The Tyson that fought Spinks would have beaten both Holyfield and probably Lewis. He pretty much abandoned his peek-a-boo style of fighting from the Bruno fight onwards, a style which allowed him to fight successfully in close quarters.

The Mike Tyson saga/story is a sad one and it's a shame, because he was an amazing boxer. He turned into an uneducated, angry brawler once Don King got his hooks into him, which I why I'm of the opinion there were TWO boxers named Mike Tyson, but only one Iron Mike.

Back