Why is Butterbean never mentioned in MMA vs Boxing talks?

Butterbean is the man!!!!. I have seen Butterbean fight live, I was at one of his fights, he was like 62-1 record at that time and in his prime and IFC HW champion.

Butterbean was a bad-ass boxer and very skilled, I know ya'll think he just has a huge big hook and has a good chin, but in real Butterbean was a elite boxer, I saw him fight live and he is a lot faster than you think and he slips punches very well and he is very calm. Also his cardio is amazing, nearly 100 pro boxing fights and he never gassed in any of them, not even once!! at 400 Ibs range.

Butterbean in his prime was so fun to watch.

didn't even know butterbean faught in mma at all and im shocked to see he has multiple submission wins.

I remember when he was known as "The King of the 4 Rounder"

method=get&s=butterbean-gif.gif

He did KO "the best brawler of WWF(E) so the man had lots of crossover appeal

giphy.gif

Don't forget..He also KO'd Johnny Knoxville. Butterbean is the GOAT crossover fighter.

Butterbean beat Patrick Graham beat Shane Sutcliffe beat Leon Spinks beat Ali

Butterbean beat Cabbage beat Travis Wiuff beat Keith Jardine beat Chuck Liddell beat Alistair Overeem beat Werdum beat Fedor.

Butterbean is GOAT

He withstood a legit WWE dropkick from the legendary giant killer...'nuff said.

minowaman-butterbean_display_image.jpg

The elephant in the room is that he gave arguably the HW boxing GOAT all he could handle in a boxing match.

Told Chael Sonnen Podcast, Bob Sapp's wise managers ducked Butterbean in an actual combat situation. Sapp would spam takedowns.

Ridiculous ability to stay off the fence.

40685.jpg

Reach: 200cm. Gypsy Remover Thompson can't

Last edited:
Don't forget..He also KO'd Johnny Knoxville. Butterbean is the GOAT crossover fighter.

Knoxville shouldn't have been medically cleared for that fight. Healthy Knoxville beats Butterbean 9/10.

The elephant in the room is that he gave arguably the HW boxing GOAT all he could handle in a boxing match.

53 year old Larry Holmes?
I've nothing against Butterbean, but his boxing record looks like Fulton's MMA records and some of his MMA fights were modified rules with reduced ground time.

Knoxville shouldn't have been medically cleared for that fight. Healthy Knoxville beats Butterbean 9/10.

Hell yeah, he would absolutely starch that fat bastard.

Butterbean beat Patrick Graham beat Shane Sutcliffe beat Leon Spinks beat Ali

Butterbean beat Cabbage beat Travis Wiuff beat Keith Jardine beat Chuck Liddell beat Alistair Overeem beat Werdum beat Fedor.

Butterbean is GOAT
<mma4>

lets talk boxing, Tyson never fought Foreman, Morrison, or Bowe, avoided Lewis, and lost to the other great fighter of his time Holyfield, twice

Lennox Lewis ducked Sammy Scaff.

What is the case that you'd make with his career?

People don't want actual debates. They want to talk about high level fighters failing in other sports and use that to troll the other fanbase.

The case that one can achieve relative success crossing over a different sport. And that his “success” is even more impressive because he won most of his MMA fights via submission. I’m not saying he would have become UFC champion, I am aware of the level of his competition, both in boxing and MMA.

Back