Back to Basics - Why is GSP fighting Bisping and not Woodley?

And yet that guy that brutally knocked out Lawler and has actively been defending against elite contenders goes through the pain and suffering of a weight cut to avoid fighting in the MW division - I find it hard to believe Woodley (or anyone) would do that kind of a cut if they thought the heavier division was easier.

Fans look at lighter fighters and often feel confident they could beat the heavier weight division champs. But the fighters and their coaches almost never agree, which is why they continue to go through the agony of cutting 15-20 pounds to make the lighter weight. MW is simply harder than WW. And as you're well aware, lighters fighters going up are the same weight as the heavier weight division fighter on the scale, but are lighter 24 hours later after the heavier division fighter has rehydrated. GSP will be smaller than Bisping. He would be the same size as Woodley. How important is that? So important that Woodley (along with every other WW, including GSP in his prime) cut weight to avoid fighting at MW.

Perhaps you have to have gone thru a 15-20 pound cut to know how miserable they are. No one does one unless they think they can't compete at the heavier division.
And yet that guy that brutally knocked out Lawler and has actively been defending against elite contenders goes through the pain and suffering of a weight cut to avoid fighting in the MW division - I find it hard to believe Woodley (or anyone) would do that kind of a cut if they thought the heavier division was easier.

Fans look at lighter fighters and often feel confident they could beat the heavier weight division champs. But the fighters and their coaches almost never agree, which is why they continue to go through the agony of cutting 15-20 pounds to make the lighter weight. MW is simply harder than WW. And as you're well aware, lighters fighters going up are the same weight as the heavier weight division fighter on the scale, but are lighter 24 hours later after the heavier division fighter has rehydrated. GSP will be smaller than Bisping. He would be the same size as Woodley. How important is that? So important that Woodley (along with every other WW, including GSP in his prime) cut weight to avoid fighting at MW.

Perhaps you have to have gone thru a 15-20 pound cut to know how miserable they are. No one does one unless they think they can't compete at the heavier division.

Your going into intricacies about weight cutting that dont pertain to Woodley being more of a threat than Bisping. Everyone cuts weight making it a level playing feild, because someone is simply heavier does mean they are more dangerous and GSP is not taking on the young guns at MW or contenders, hes taking on Bisping

Negating your point
Cormier had an easier time in HW than he did cutting weight at LHW
Rumble had an easier time in LHW than he did cutting weight at WW

All that aside. Woodley is far more dangerous and accredited than Bisping who is 39 without any title defenses against contenders and only victories hence have been against non contenders on the bad side of 40.

GSP knows exactly what hes doing

Not clear about this, though I know I know I know it's been discussed a lot.

GSP is 36 and making 170 has most likely become harder with each year that passes. Couple that with the IV ban and I expect it makes it even more challenging for a fighter of his age.

The biggest factor is that Woodley is not a huge draw. If his last couple of fights had been crazy exciting and he was capable of putting asses in the seats...things could be very different.

Yeah everyone who fights the champ is ducking lower competiton.

Ran away from a hendricks rematch. Hidden away only returning when Hendricks falls off.

LOL @ Silva not a super fight.

Dont be scared homie. You wut mate?

Bispings name also has Marquee value, Woodleys doesn't
So no answer to why Silva is a more meaningful fight than the champ who beat Silva. Thought so.

Not an argument but, a indication that you have really low testosterone.

ducks anderson and MW his entire career, gets murdered by Hendricks saved by corrupt American judges, flees the sport for 4yrs, and returns only because his sponsors are going to pull

In before stubbed toe injury before the MSG fight. Already planning on retirement when Count KTFO. Wont be able to tap to strikes again.

I'd (albeit reluctantly) agree if GSP had been active recently. But its been four years since he's been in the cage. I agree he's definitely one of the overall GOAT's along with Fedor, Jones, and Anderson - but still, four years no cage and then a title shot? Its just wrong.

Wrong given he ran from the sport after getting beat to a pulp by pre usafa hendricks. No intent of fighting Silva, TW, hendricks rematch and was ducking Bisping until the sponsors were going to get pulled. classic.

Insert tapping to strikes meme right here.

WAR COUNT

Not an argument but, a indication that you have really low testosterone.

ducks anderson and MW his entire career, gets murdered by Hendricks saved by corrupt American judges, flees the sport for 4yrs, and returns only because his sponsors are going to pull

In before stubbed toe injury before the MSG fight. Already planning on retirement when Count KTFO. Wont be able to tap to strikes again.

Lol complete bath salt laden post of stupidity.

Lol complete bath salt laden post of stupidity.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

No GOAT abandons a sport after getting beat to a pulp like that. Wants no part of a Hendricks or a past prime Silva. And you cannot use the status of GOAT for anybody that taps to strikes against GOAT MANLET Staus Sera.

raw

Anderson Silva would have made a mockery of GSP now never mind his prime hence him ducking that fight. QUOTE I HAVE A LOT TO LOSE! /discussion

serra-ko-s-gsp-o.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

No GOAT abandons a sport after getting beat to a pulp like that. Wants no part of a Hendricks or a past prime Silva. And you cannot use the status of GOAT for anybody that taps to strikes against GOAT MANLET Staus Sera.

raw

Anderson Silva would have made a mockery of GSP now never mind his prime hence him ducking that fight. QUOTE I HAVE A LOT TO LOSE! /discussion

serra-ko-s-gsp-o.gif

Prime steroid Hendricks couldn't beat St Pierre and the champ cleaned out WW twice.

He deserved to retire if he wanted to do so. Lots of huge knee injuries over his career and he admitted he was losing his luster for training and fighting.

Georges made a good decision and is one of the greatest champions ever

GSP came back to make money and no one pays to see Woodley fight.

He wants to take on a new challenge. He was the WW champ forever. And Woodley is not popular. His last fight everyone was texting in the arena by round 2..

In a perfect world GSP should be fighting Woodley and Bisping should defend against an actual MW contender. The UFC is more interested in freak show fights these days.

I disagree that GSP should be fighting Woodley, he has nothing left to prove at WW.

I don't think he should have gotten the MW title shot, though.

I thought they cancelled Woodley/GSP because of how boring Woodley's last fight was

<{jackyeah}>that creep is stalking me.....he is triggered.

Are you one of those guys that can only get satisfaction pretending that you have some negative impact on people on the internet?

Sounds like a lonely life.

Back