Will Conor employ the same strategy as the Nate 2 fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conor's main concern about 170/Nate had to be cardio. After doing 5 hard rounds with Nate, then the Floyd fight, Conor won't be as energy conscious @ 155 or fatigued as people are assuming imo.

McGregor is a far better striker than Ferguson and KO's him late R1 or early R2.

"Conor's kicks have the power of a wet pool noodle." - Nick Diaz and Uriah, at different times. Conor's body kicks that sap your energy are the only effective kicks he uses. He doesn't have a power kicking game it's mostly flashy bs. Kicking will not be a factor against Ferguson unless Conor wants to break his own leg or get the kick caught and get taken down. Ferg likes to catch kicks. Conor can use his boxing to win this fight. That's his only path to victory.

Conor leg kicks are shit, its like he is kicking under water if you compare him with guys like Barboza and RDA you know guys Tony already beat

I expect he'll use a similar game plan but with more emphasis on getting a finish, I think it makes sense that Nate won't be quite as durable at 155 and will have less of a an in cage weight advantage.

I predict Conor take him out early in round 3.

McGregor is a far better striker than Ferguson and KO's him late R1 or early R2.
Tony has far better ground game than Conor and submits him in round 3 or 4.See what i did here?

I always wondered when a guy kicks another guy in the head with his shin...does that hurt? I'm talking the shin. you would think it does...but they never act like it hurts...

Nah it doesn't hurt that bad...

Hurts way less than the guy who's eating the kick, at least lol.

It might hurt bad if you land with your foot though.

I think so. Conors key to success isn't what most people are saying here. Conor has way better striking. He will bust toneys face up just as bad as Nate's in both fights. It's definitely a big possibility that he can KO him inside 2. But I don't think he does. I think he uses his counters to catch toney throughout the fight, while employing leg kicks. He needs to stick and move. I also think if he drops him like he did Nate, he won't go for the finish because of toneys bottom game. It will be a UD for Conor imo.
You mean this?
uuw4iKBZuerqU.gif
13rAVaFrumhUjK.gif

RqQF6BzaGgyXe.gif
efd4PI9JM812w.gif

opLdP3xvMMTQI.gif
GATiiFDOC1da8.gif

A much safer option than going into a dog fight with Nate. Nate would be Homer Simpson 2.0

This strategy? Yes probably..... how else will he survive to see the last bell?

5kzey284oxo689rzg.jpg

tumblr_oc8rrhIzgq1rofocqo1_500.gif

13rAVaFrumhUjK.gif

Although, he picked up some nifty footwork while training hard in his boxing so we may see some of that displayed as well.
akkf9sc7ys1p2clzg.jpg

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

bzojdyzyyeug5zuzg.jpg

Man you haters are so pathetic. Can I actually just ask you why you spend your day saving GIFS of moments of conors fights you can make fun of? He circled away from Nate to create distance while being tired. And he won 4-5 rounds against Floyd mayweather in boxing? How much better do you want an MMA fighter with 0 boxing fights to do against a 50-0 legend? What's wrong with you people. Yes you will get your likes and feel good, but is it worth it?

I went back and liked this post just because you got so butt hurt about it...Just so you know

I think so. Conors key to success isn't what most people are saying here. Conor has way better striking. He will bust toneys face up just as bad as Nate's in both fights. It's definitely a big possibility that he can KO him inside 2. But I don't think he does. I think he uses his counters to catch toney throughout the fight, while employing leg kicks. He needs to stick and move. I also think if he drops him like he did Nate, he won't go for the finish because of toneys bottom game. It will be a UD for Conor imo.
Terrible idea, in my opinion. The major difference between Tony and Nate is wrestling. If Conor gasses against Tony like he did against Nate both times, Tony would take him down and finish him. Conor doesn't have the cardio to employ a "stick and move" strategy for 5 rounds. Once Conor's gas tank empties, he becomes flat-footed, and his footwork is generally nonexistent. Nate simply doesn't have the wrestling or fight IQ to take advantage of it.

I'm not trying to down play Conor's skills, but to me he really has one way to win and a short window in which to get it done. That's why I consider Tony the favorite, because of all the variables. Conor needs to try and put Tony away early, most likely by conserving as much energy as possible and trying to counter Tony, which may include Conor having to try and get into scrambles and tie ups with Ferguson on the ground if he wants to do it. Also, he has about 10 minutes to do it I think, before he starts to tire and and the power in his hands starts to diminish.

I re-watched Diaz 2 the other night. Despite how classic of a fight that was, I'm surprised how little people have emphasized how bad BOTH guys looked, beyond the late 2nd Rd. Conor began to gas hard in the third, but even Nate looked shit, slowly plodding after Conor, throwing pillow punches, and let him off the hook really. I heard Nate was injured going into the fight, so that could attribute maybe. The final rounds looked like 2 exhausted zombies having a pillow fight. Fun fight, but let's be real.

I will say this, Tony has a much more intense 5 round work rate than Nate. If Conor doesn't become the first guy to ever put Tony away in the first 2 rounds, and begins to fade at the 10-12 min. mark, the chances of him making it out of the fight without eating some vicious elbows and getting caught in a sub is very unlikely. McGregor needs to put this away early. If they book the fight, I recommend Conor move his camp up to the altitude and start running up some mountains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back