Most embarrassing fall...

Wow reminds one of how many big falls from grace there have been in MMA. All good answers . Most champions will see a hard fall if they don't go out on top because once age/injuries/doubt kicks in there is no coming back. Very rough sport for anyone past their prime

Over all I agree with most people #1 Rousey #2 Jones
- both fell in their primes
- both viewed as the best/unbeatable by most in their respective divisions (or p4p)

Rousey's was worse because she a was hyped as the best but lost brutally and embarrassingly, publicly fell apart then lost embarrassingly again
Jones never lost so still considered best by many, but he tarnished his legacy and ruined his career so his wins will always be discredited

Both could potentially return some day, but never the level they were viewed at before

I think Weidman has to be up there, since he was holding his own until he foolishly assayed a useless, half-assed round kick. It's one thing if your opponent has your number, but throwing a match away by showboating is quite another. And then his father went and compounded his embarrassment.

2e34rxf.jpg
LMAO WTF just happened? Who is that that Dan pushed? Did he really feign being ko'd or hurt?

Lmao wtf is this? Can't believe I never saw that live or seen it since... was he trying to throw that knee after the bell?
Haha it was actually dan's first fight in the ufc, it was right at the final bell IIRC

it wouldn't be possible for it to be more embarrassing than silva's loss. but aldo's was pretty damn bad too.

Anderson has nothing to be embarrassed of, dude is going on 40.
The way he clowned before being KOed though...That loss took his confidence and aged him overnight.

GSP-BJ Penn II. Most underrated loss for humiliation in the history of MMA imo. "To the death Georges, to the death.... I'm just going to keep coming not going to stop....if he thought Jon Fitch was the terminator he's going to think I'm God...". We all saw how that went...

Ppl talk about Ronda's arrogance. BJ was worse for both self-delusion and misplaced arrogance imo. Just crazy how some can do no wrong with the masses while their similar counterparts are reviled.

Whether you fight for a living or not, losing is part of life. It either builds you up or destroys you and it can also be super embarrassing. We've seen a lot of belts change hands in dramatic fashion in the past 2, 3 years. Out of all the champions who recently lost their throne, which one did in the most embarrassing fashion IYO?

My pick (and I'm salty even saying that since he's one of my all time fave) is Anderson Silva. He not only got KOed stiff and his head bounced off the canvas but the man had turned into Bozo the clown minutes before staring at the lights unconscious. That shit still hurts today.

Since Silva, we've seen Aldo, Cain, Rousey, etc. So which was the most dramatic/embarrassing one for you?

When taunting and goading fighters into making mistakes worked for him Anderson Silva was matrix-like god. The second it backfires on him once he's a clown.

When taunting and goading fighters into making mistakes worked for him Anderson Silva was matrix-like god. The second it backfires on him once he's a clown.
Nah dude...I get what you're saying but he overdid it with Weidman. He had done enough. Those leg kicks were starting to work on Weidman. It was time to turn it up but he kept clowning and paid for it.

Back